Trophy thoughts?

I've Platinum'd HD five years ago and I was expecting this remaster since it's going to have 2048 which I never played (I don't own a Vita)

But looking at the list... F**k it, I'm not getting that. Beating twice all the difficult trophies just to get 1 platinum? If at least there were 2...

Edited by BEAST_IHMOTEP

Considering that it's a mashup of previous games' trophies, becoming it's own list and trophy icons, I consider to pick it up someday! Somehow, it makes it a "new" game on itself. :awesome:

As a fan of WipEout, I'd get it even it's just a game compilation, despite that this list has some of the most unforgiving and brutal trophies I have ever attempt and earned! Let's see if all my skills of gaming since Platinum'd WipEout HD back to 2009 will make everything easier this time!

Edited by Maxie the Mouse

1 hour ago, DPatriot said:

Confirmed you need to do all events for gold. Including Deteonator

So you mean that we need to get all Fury Campaign gold medals on ELITE difficulty as well now?! Oh boy... back to WipEout HD Fury, I tried to get every gold medals on Elite difficulty but in later events it became super hard, I lowered the difficulty so I didn't have to be forced to get golds in Elite in order to get the trophy... now it needs to?!?!?!

Oh boy guys... I have that feeling that this Omega Collection will be the hardest WipEout Platinum trophy ever to date...! ? Here we have it, the ULTIMATE WipEout Platinum trophy!!!

1 hour ago, DPatriot said:

Holy shit! Good luck everybody. I did everything on elite in the hd version except the fury cells. There were just too hard. I can't imagine completing everything

on the hardest setting. This platinum is going to be ultra rare, no doubt about that. Even if some of the exploits work you still have to do that monster

of a trophy on your own!

2 hours ago, DPatriot said:

Looking forward to it. Seems like they made 2048 harder as well reading that post. Going to be fun.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, xDLloyd091x said:

It's good that you have a game where you might be pro at : ) But dont share your obession here haha, you'll get bad rep for this :'( 

They can't deal with that, since their life-style is "No trophies no deal" xD 

Noone has a problem with people loving,  or being pro at a certain game / genre. It's the elitist "this game is the best, and I'm better than you" attitude that rubs people the wrong way. 

OT, kinda bummed. Was hoping for two lists just so I could finally play through 2048. I have the HD Plat and I don't stack trophies so I'm on the fence about this. Might just pick it up, do the 2048 stuff, and ignore HD. :dunno:

• Like 1

Wipeout HD was amazing when the PS3 was released. 

I will play this game purely because it is a technical masterpiece and great fun. 

I attempted the Platinum many years ago and gave up. 9.9/10 in terms of difficulty. 

15 hours ago, Hemiak said:

Noone has a problem with people loving,  or being pro at a certain game / genre. It's the elitist "this game is the best, and I'm better than you" attitude that rubs people the wrong way. 

OT, kinda bummed. Was hoping for two lists just so I could finally play through 2048. I have the HD Plat and I don't stack trophies so I'm on the fence about this. Might just pick it up, do the 2048 stuff, and ignore HD. :dunno:

Is it really stacking if a lot of the requirements have been altered and an entirely new game has been included? Come on now...

I guess PS4 Guacamelee is just a stack to you then.

1 hour ago, Patrickosan said:

Good luck with elite campaign... If they didn't changed anything in the game you gonna have a tough time... 

Zico and Zones are pretty easy comparing to Elite. 

For me, Elite Campaign was way more forgiving in the long term, even though really hard. Items as auto-pilot and boost help to success, though it's random. But there it'll get much harder because Fury Elite gold medals are now required. Ouch.

Zone 75 was a childplay thanks to Syncopia from Fury DLC, and it was too much easier in 2048. I would have done either Zone 75 or 65 with ease.

Zico is pure skill! It's the most frustrating and hardest of all since it requires a near perfect performance, which are not required in other trophies. I can consider myself lucky that I had the exact same lap time as Zico and got the trophy!

7 hours ago, madbuk said:

Is it really stacking if a lot of the requirements have been altered and an entirely new game has been included? Come on now...

I guess PS4 Guacamelee is just a stack to you then.

Yes it is. To me simply adding some DLC to the game doesn't make it a new version. Honestly though, I haven't actually looked at it even though I got it from plus. Also, I just didn't think that game was as amazing as a lot of people do. It had some funny parts and was a good game, but I don't really feel compelled to play it again. 

For Wipeout, It's a port of the exact same game, so even if they dropped a few of the trophies it's the same experience. I'm not knocking anyone who wants to replay the game, for trophies or otherwise. I've just got better things to do than replay the same stuff just for more trophies.

I play Dark Souls and Dead Space 2 at least once or twice a year on my ps3, and I wouldn't buy those on ps4 either, unless there was a way to disable trophy earning for certain games. I just like to look at my profile, see 211 games played, and know that I've played 211 different games. :dunno:

I've considered playing Dark Souls 2 SOTFS, because they changed and added a bunch of stuff. In the end I've got 50+ other games laying around unolayed, so I haven't felt compelled to shell out more money for it. (I've also considered buying the EU version of Catherine and stacking it for the Lullz, but I'll probably never do that either.)

To be clear about everything, I'm not saying my way is better, it's just the way I've chosen to live my gaming life. Also, I was almost certain when I posted this that you would end up commenting. :D:highfive:

Edited by Hemiak
  • Like 2

Just some random thoughts and a wild guess: I claim that the rarity of this platinum will be under the magical 1% due to the (new arranged) elite trophy and the possibility that they fixed all the exploits.

I know that many people got the ps3 version for free, never cared about achieving 100%, so that the overall rarity is as low as it is and that the omega collection might only

attract fans but still...