kennym0105

Trophy thoughts?

68 posts in this topic

Looks like it could be a hard platinum, but what do you guys think?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Too bad it's only one list....

 

However all the difficult trophies from the previous games are there. And no bling brigade/ complete 2048 MP campaign. Good list! 

 

EDIT: Rank 50 trophy will probably be a bit of a grind now since doing the 2048 campaign alone isn't nearly enough for rank 50.

Edited by xZoneHunter
2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank god we don't need to do the 2048 multiplayer stuff again

 

It looks like Fury may need to be completed on Elite mode this time. It didn't need to be done on any specific difficulty before

Edited by Shadiochao
3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

very easy list imho (0/10 personal rating) ;)

is it just me, or does this list look like it's very unorganized?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, PirateRazer said:

Easy/fun platinum in my opinion

 

Fun? Yes! Easy? No way. Have you played the predecessors? The trophies are brutal. Getting gold in all cells on elite is without a doubt the hardest trophy I've ever got.

Beating Zico and reaching level 65 in a zone event can also be a pain in the ass.  We also don't know if "Win every race of an 8 stage Racebox tournament on Skilled or Elite difficulty" can be exploited through 2 player mode again. 

3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looks like a 5/10 or 6/10 platinum , 5he gold trophies will take a long time to achieve.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

KInda funny how im 1 of the few that thinks Wipeout HD wasnt as hard as probably make it out to be. But i would never say the game is easy or a 5-6/10 Id probably go with a 7.7/10 at the least if anything. Not to say im super good at the game and people cant be better and find it easier then me. So to each his own. But i think 5/10 is alittle of an undersell. 

Either way to get on topic. List is pretty much want i expected. As i said in the other thread. No HD Zico would have been ideal. but its manageable. And as stated above we have no idea if rubberbanding is still a thing for the racebox mode, so that could be tougher then last time around. And fingers crossed that exploits are still there if they are needed as i dont fully remember since i did the game so long ago at this point.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, xZoneHunter said:

Too bad it's only one list....

 

However all the difficult trophies from the previous games are there. And no bling brigade/ complete 2048 MP campaign. Good list! 

 

EDIT: Rank 50 trophy will probably be a bit of a grind now since doing the 2048 campaign alone isn't nearly enough for rank 50.

Not all the difficult trophies have remained, Zone Zeus from HD is gone :( That was the one I was looking forward to redoing the most, Zone is amazing. At least we still have the 2048 version of ZZ to do.

1 hour ago, Shadiochao said:

Thank god we don't need to do the 2048 multiplayer stuff again

 

It looks like Fury may need to be completed on Elite mode this time. It didn't need to be done on any specific difficulty before

I cannot echo this enough. Thank fuck that garbage is gone, it might not have been so bad in the remaster but the mode is so broken and outright unplayable most of the time on Vita that I'm glad there's no point in worrying about similar issues again here. Also happy to see Bling Brigade gone, hated that trophy in the original.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, madbuk said:

Not all the difficult trophies have remained, Zone Zeus from HD is gone :( That was the one I was looking forward to redoing the most, Zone is amazing. At least we still have the 2048 version of ZZ to do.

 

It doesn't say 2048. So i think you can do it on HD as well. So it's basically an easier version of Zone Zeus :P

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ooh im going to look forward to doing this one again! glad to see not one but two Beat Zico trophies, and having to Elite difficulty clear basically all campaign events for HD/Fury now (for 2048 it was already a thing) will mean that people are gonna have to work that little bit harder for it. Bring it on I say! 😀

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Snake55wildcat said:

 and having to Elite difficulty clear basically all campaign events for HD/Fury now (for 2048 it was already a thing) will mean that people are gonna have to work that little bit harder for it. Bring it on I say! 1f600.png

 

I am sorry but where do you see that? The list only states getting gold in the fury cells but not on elite. Or is there something I don't see?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Gommes_ said:

 

I am sorry but where do you see that? The list only states getting gold in the fury cells but not on elite. Or is there something I don't see?

One of the six Gold trophies - "Elite Campaign Legend" has the description "Obtain a gold medal for every cell in Race Campaign on Elite difficulty". i think the one you might be referring to is the Silver trophy "Campaign Legend" which just requires gold medals for the HD/Fury campaign, regardless of difficulty. hope this helps 🙂

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Beat Zico from HD is back... Yeah, forget doing that again hahaha

Edited by SlimSanta94
1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Actually looking at the list again, The 'Beat Zico: 2048' trophy from Omega is different from the original 2048 Beat Zico trophy!

2048 (Vita) - "Altima, C Class, Speed Lap, Pir-hana Speed - beat 52.00 seconds"
2048 Omega Collection - "32.5 seconds on Downtown circuit, Speed Lap, A class, using the Feisar Speed ship"

I remember having a fun time time-trailing on Downtown in the old Vita version while still being pretty difficult, so this one is going to be quite entertaining :) 

Edited by Snake55wildcat
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It seems to only have two online trophies (play and win 10 races), so that's a relief.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Gommes_ said:

 

Fun? Yes! Easy? No way. Have you played the predecessors? The trophies are brutal. Getting gold in all cells on elite is without a doubt the hardest trophy I've ever got.

Beating Zico and reaching level 65 in a zone event can also be a pain in the ass.  We also don't know if "Win every race of an 8 stage Racebox tournament on Skilled or Elite difficulty" can be exploited through 2 player mode again. 

 

tbh i already platinumed all wipeout but i don't feel it hard as it sound , thats my point 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Having finished the platinum in the original Wipeout HD, my thoughts are.... that you couldn't pay me enough money to attempt this platinum again.

4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, I just got this to say... no redemption for me. WipEout HD has my number. I could never finish the Elite Campaign, my reflexes/motor skill are just too slow (which is why I suck at FPS too). I somehow managed to beat Zico after a few hundred laps, but yeah barrel rolls are very difficult for me to pull off.

It's gonna be a pass for me, since the major difficult trophies are still there. I wouldn't have bought it anyway other than for a chance at redemption like I said.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Gotta admit, I seem a bit disappointed with these trophies.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I platted both HD and 2048, so i'll be gunning for this one. Wipeout is one of my all time fave franchises.

 

There's no bs trophies like Bling brigade, which is a huge relief

Edited by zer007uk
1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nice list. I will get this down the road. Enjoyed WIpeout HD

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, PirateRazer said:

 

tbh i already platinumed all wipeout but i don't feel it hard as it sound , thats my point 

 

Well me too ;) But I would never say that it was easy. But hey it's a personal rating anyways

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

WipEout HD took me over 4.5 years to 100% / platinum

BUT

I did take about a 4.5 year break from it

If I pushed through it, it would have taken about a month

NO WAY am I doing this again

There's a reason why it's my 2nd most Ultra Rare platinum, I'm not suffering through this game again regardless how fun it can be, it's also torturous at the same time (trophy wise)

Edited by Property_Damage
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.