June 2017 PS+

snakebit10

6 minutes ago, ars said:

Sure there are bundles of them, Binding of Isaac, Geometry Wars 3, Minecraft etc. Should've put "often" in there as I neglected to be precise beyond any reprimands :P

I don't think Binding Of Isaac is one... At least I have played it on PS4 through PS+ so unless it was on PS+ twice, which I don't think it was...

I don't know Geometry Wars and I don't think Minecraft has ever been on PS+, at least not in the EU, and I wouldn't count it anyway as it wasn't a simultaneous release - the PS4 version was released a year later (just like this month's Abyss Odyssey, the PS4 version of which was released a year after the PS3 version).

On the whole I think your statement is pretty accurate, it's just not without exceptions, that was all I was trying to say.

1 minute ago, BillyHorrible said:

This isn't the first time I talked to @Z1MZUM, I wasn't just randomly replying to an opinion I didn't approve of. It was a joke, relax B)

Ahh I see. Sorry to intrude then. Woops... It's just that sometimes it is hard to not intervene when you see something wrong. 

Anyways let's carry on ?.

3 minutes ago, BillyHorrible said:

I don't think Binding Of Isaac is one... At least I have played it on PS4 through PS+ so unless it was on PS+ twice, which I don't think it was...

On the whole I think your statement is pretty accurate, it's just not without exceptions, that was all I was trying to say.

Binding of Isaac isn't cross-buy, it was on PS+ for both platforms is the reason we have it as such. Haven't met a situation regarding PlayStation yet, which wouldn't have an exception or two :)

Also *randomly kills BillyHorrible for talking smack about Life is Strange*

Just now, poopooblast said:

Ahh I see. Sorry to intrude then. Woops... It's just that sometimes it is hard to not intervene when you see something wrong. 

Anyways let's carry on 1f601.png.

Èh, don't worry about it. When I submitted that post, I was actually in doubt about whether or not to edit it and add a smiley, to make it a bit clearer that it was a joke. Evidently, I should have done that.

... You know what, I'll do that anyway, guess the statement as blank as it is can be easily be mistaken for being earnest.

1 minute ago, ars said:

Binding of Isaac isn't cross-buy, it was on PS+ for both platforms is the reason we have it as such. Haven't met a situation regarding PlayStation yet, which wouldn't have an exception or two :)

Also *randomly kills BillyHorrible for talking smack about Life is Strange*

I can see Binding only as cross-buy...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Instant_Game_Collection_games_(PAL_region)

And yeah, I didn't like Life Is Strange that much. I've talked about it in more detail in other threads but the short version is that everybody was talking it up, I played the demo and was disappointed so I waited until a good sale, bought it then and was still disappointed with the final game. I really don't think it's a bad game, I just don't think it's the jewel many make it out to be, for several reasons.

Opinions being opinions though, if people love Life Is Strange then I won't hold it against them. I'm actually talking down about Life Is Strange more than usual these days because so many people are praising it now and I subconsciously love to play the devil's advocate - I can often see the valid points on both sides, so I'll personally take the side that I feel is not represented enough.

... Hell, I think I've been in two conversations in two different threads about The Last Of Us at once! In one thread they were saying it was absolute shit and I started praising the graphics, story presentation and opening scene while in the other thread they were saying it was the best game ever and I started slamming the bland story, bland gameplay and devs that take themselves too seriously. Both are true parts of my opinion and I'll highlight whichever one is needed to bring more balance to a conversation as I feel like people too often ignore the valid points that go against their own opinion.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, BillyHorrible said:

Yes, in the IGC for PS+ like I said. It's not cross-buy properly purchased as you can verify from GameFAQs, Reddit and whatnot.

I believe most people will be quite happy getting Life is Strange, which is one of the biggest critical successes in it's own genre (graphic adventure). But the genre, gameplay or the topics the game touches can't be everyone's cup of tea, of course. Call them an exception :P

Just now, ars said:

Yes, in the IGC for PS+ like I said. It's not cross-buy properly purchased as you can verify from GameFAQs, Reddit and whatnot.

Ah, well there's our problem. I was talking about cross-download only within PS+ releases.

Just now, ars said:

I believe most people will be quite happy getting Life is Strange, which is one of the biggest critical successes in it's own genre (graphic adventure). But the genre, gameplay or the topics the game touches can't be everyone's cup of tea, of course. Call them an exception :P

Personally I think the people that would really love Life Is Strange probably have it already. The genre definitely isn't for everyone. I don't mind the genre though. While I love classic point and click games like Day Of The Tentacle, Full Throttle and Indiana Jones And The Fate Of Atlantis a lot more, I still enjoy the style of stuff like Life Is Strange, The Walking Dead and Tales From The Borderlands. I don't always need a challenging experience, I'm up for being taken along for a ride. The problems I had with Life Is Strange were different, though. Not having to do with the genre or style, just with the content and presentation.

I need to stop buying games. I don't think there has been a month in 2017 where I haven't already owned one of the two free games on Plus. ? Thankfully Killing Floor 2 will keep me satisfied for the time been. I already played Life is Strange but I highly recommend it for anybody who hasn't.

EDIT

Also forgot about Spy Chameleon. Could be a fun little game that will keep me preoccupied for a few hours.

Edited by Miles_Warren

- Killing floor 2: nice to get for me since I already played 1 and I think it is a nice game. It is however a game you would like to play co-op.

- Life is strange: I cannot judge this one since its a clash of people saying overated or the best game ever. I will say that I venture to believe the people saying overrated more. Nevertheless it's still a great game to get if compared to some of the previous months.

- Abyss odyssey: looks good, however I am not particularly interested into playing this

- WRC 5: it's a racer which I don't care about. But looking at the forums, it says that this is a shit PS3 port.

- Neon Chrome: meh

- Spy Chameleon: Will play, a friend says that I should buy it (on steam). Not that I have much of a choice now.

15 hours ago, BillyHorrible said:

You need to play more games. ;)

Lol, Chloe from life is strange is remarkably similar to a friend I grew up with including the incident with her father. I really enjoyed the atmosphere, the cast and the game play.

Man, If I played any more games I'd have to quit my job and be spoon fed ;)

Edited by Z1MZUM
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Z1MZUM said:

Lol, Chloe from life is strange is remarkably similar to a friend I grew up with including the incident with her father. I really enjoyed the atmosphere, the cast and the game play.

Yeah, I figured one of the reasons Life Is Strange didn't do much for me was because they were trying to pluck at a few heart strings that I was missing (or they forgot that my heart was strung on a lefty flip). I compared it to Unravel before in a different thread (because I played the two so close after each other) and Unravel was, contrast Life Is Strange, very succesful in getting me to "awww" and tear up, it was much more subtle and much more powerful at the same time for me.

Basically Life Is Strange for me was "You NEED to care for Chloe!" while I didn't. Like forcing Bonnie's stupid jacket on me in TWD S2 or forcing Liara on me in Mass Effect, I object strongly to games that pretend to give me a choice but force choices on me that I don't think are correct. Combine that with that the tween dialogue was over the top and stilted (at least in the first episode or maybe the first two, they reeled it in afterwards) that made Max sound less like a teenage girl and more like a forty year old man pretending to be a teenage girl... Experience ruined for me.

I'll still definitely play Season 2 though, as said I don't think it was a bad game but the downsides mentioned above weigh too much for me to call it an amazing game or even a really good one. Better than at least half of the stuff Telltale produces though. I'd rate The Walking Dead S1, Wolf Among Us and Borderlands higher than Life Is Strange, as well as Jurassic Park from their older titles, but I think it beats the others (possibly on par with Game Of Thrones).

Man, If I played any more games I'd have to quit my job and be spoon fed ;)

That's the dream!

Edited by BillyHorrible
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, BillyHorrible said:

Yeah, I figured one of the reasons Life Is Strange didn't do much for me was because they were trying to pluck at a few heart strings that I was missing (or they forgot that my heart was strung on a lefty flip). I compared it to Unravel before in a different thread (because I played the two so close after each other) and Unravel was, contrast Life Is Strange, very succesful in getting me to "awww" and tear up, it was much more subtle and much more powerful at the same time for me.

Basically Life Is Strange for me was "You NEED to care for Chloe!" while I didn't. Like forcing Bonnie's stupid jacket on me in TWD S2 or forcing Liara on me in Mass Effect, I object strongly to games that pretend to give me a choice but force choices on me that I don't think are correct. Combine that with that the tween dialogue was over the top and stilted (at least in the first episode or maybe the first two, they reeled it in afterwards) that made Max sound less like a teenage girl and more like a forty year old man pretending to be a teenage girl... Experience ruined for me.

I'll still definitely play Season 2 though, as said I don't think it was a bad game but the downsides mentioned above weigh too much for me to call it an amazing game or even a really good one. Better than at least half of the stuff Telltale produces though. I'd rate The Walking Dead S1, Wolf Among Us and Borderlands higher than Life Is Strange, as well as Jurassic Park from their older titles, but I think it beats the others (possibly on par with Game Of Thrones).

That's the dream!

Hey Billy, I noticed you've played Rain recently on ps3? I've got this game but haven't touched it, any thoughts?

3 minutes ago, Z1MZUM said:

Hey Billy, I noticed you've played Rain recently on ps3? I've got this game but haven't touched it, any thoughts?

My full(ish) train of thought can be found here:

https://forum.psnprofiles.com/topic/45682-what-the-hell-is-that-still-doing-there-backlog-event/?do=findComment&comment=1326444

I got it through PS+, you did probably too. Personally, it started out kind of promising but I quickly got bored, had to force myself to actually complete it now because it was just another unfinished title on my backlog, yet one that I could easily get through in two or three hours while I didn't feel like starting yet another game that I couldn't complete within the next few days.

22 hours ago, BillyHorrible said:

Or alternatively, if you still have your PS3 lying around, you could download it from PS+ somewhere between the 6th and 10th, and then see if you like it and would consider paying €15 for the improved version.

Other games we got on PS+ for PS3 that have a PS$ version but weren't cross-buy were Thief, Sherlock Holmes... But there were, unfortunately and contrary to what @ars said, also indie cross-platform release games that were not cross-buy through PS+, like Chariot. As a rule though, "indie = crossbuy and AAA = no way, José" seems to be pretty spot on.

Unfortunately I sold it about a year ago. One console it's enough :D

Thank you Billy!

• Like 1

On 02/06/2017 at 4:28 PM, BillyHorrible said:

My full(ish) train of thought can be found here:

https://forum.psnprofiles.com/topic/45682-what-the-hell-is-that-still-doing-there-backlog-event/?do=findComment&comment=1326444

I got it through PS+, you did probably too. Personally, it started out kind of promising but I quickly got bored, had to force myself to actually complete it now because it was just another unfinished title on my backlog, yet one that I could easily get through in two or three hours while I didn't feel like starting yet another game that I couldn't complete within the next few days.

My question was way too short. Yes I got it on PS+ and played about a minute, I've been meaning to give it a decent go for a bit now so I might just do that.

On 2017-6-2 at 0:22 PM, Rafi_004 said:

Unfortunately I sold it about a year ago. One console it's enough :D

Thank you Billy!

I've got four consoles I'm alternating between :-/

PS4, PS3, Switch, SNES. B)

PS3 was a gift from a friend though, he heard me talking about getting one because I was getting PS+ games for it thanks to my PS4 and he wasn't using his any more.

3 hours ago, Z1MZUM said:

My question was way too short. Yes I got it on PS+ and played about a minute, I've been meaning to give it a decent go for a bit now so I might just do that.

I hope you'll enjoy it more than I did then!

• Like 1

On 5/31/2017 at 8:06 PM, DamagingRob said:

Psshaw! That there is crazy talk. 

What is truly crazy talk is that people will avoid spending time with friends, loved ones, and explore the world around them and buy games solely for trophies.

Don't get me wrong, it's fun in moderation, but if your entire life is revolved around whether you get a trophy in a day or not... well, that's crazy to me.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Valyrious said:

What is truly crazy talk is that people will avoid spending time with friends, loved ones, and explore the world around them and buy games solely for trophies.

Don't get me wrong, it's fun in moderation, but if your entire life is revolved around whether you get a trophy in a day or not... well, that's crazy to me.

Sheesh let people enjoy their hobby for once.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, xZoneHunter said:

Sheesh let people enjoy their hobby for once.

Oh yes because my words are really affecting them in any way. Talk about hyperbole.

As the old saying goes, if you can't take someone else's differing opinion....

On 6/2/2017 at 2:23 AM, Z1MZUM said:

I know you asked billy, but I enjoyed it. It doesn't have any speech (intelligible speech anyway) but it's a story driven platformer. I enjoyed my interpretation of the story. The platforming was fairly standard for a 3d platformer, not too easy and not too hard. You'll need to do a second partial playthrough for the 100% as collectibles can't be obtained until after you've finished for the first time.

34 minutes ago, Valyrious said:

Ehhhh... some people have trouble even getting out of bed in the morning. If getting a trophy every day gives them motivation to get out of bed, let them use it as a crutch.

28 minutes ago, Valyrious said:

Other than My Name is Mayo, I don't think I've done that. Played crossbuy games for free trophies, sure. But I don't like to waste money.

I also don't know how some do that.. I had a streak of 200+ days with a trophy, at some point, according to the trophy site that tracks that. But some days, I just don't feel like playing anything/don't earn a trophy in what I do play. It's not something I pay a lot of attention to. I just play games with my free time, and unfortunately, I have a lot of that..

23 minutes ago, Valyrious said:

Oh yes because my words are really affecting them in any way.

I'm deeply scarred emotionally. I may not be able to go on.. Oh, look! A piece of candy! Okay, I'm good. :P