June 2017 PS+

snakebit10

1 minute ago, TheBritishBaron said:

Now is Life is Strange just Episode 1 or the whole bundle?

Little annoyed as Ive already got it, very happy about Killing Floor and Abyss Odyssey though :)

The video mentions it is the whole season of LIS.

This is a great month for PS+ and I'll definitely be downloading these games. One of the first months that has been of interest to me for a while. I'd been thinking about getting Life Is Strange recently as well but didn't get around to it so it's a bonus that I can now download it for free! :)

Okay, opinion time...

• Killing Floor 2: I don't generally like FPS games. DOOM, Goldeneye 64, Turok 2 and Wolfenstein: The New Order are some of the exceptions, but it doesn't seem like Killing Floor 2 will be one of the exceptions. The few FPS games I really like are all story based, more than just being dropped in a map to kill a bunch of enemies until you kill them all or die yourself.
  • Life Is Strange: Already have the platinum. I don't think it's a really bad title but I think it's not nearly as great as many people make it out to be. Just like with TWD S2, I do not respond well to being forced into emotions about characters by a game while I do not actually care for these characters. It's the main problem with games that pretend you have to make big choices: allowing none of the choices that you think would make more sense. Still, I guess the game is definitely worth your time if you get it through PS+ as long as you don't mind the "interactive movie" point and click subgenre that Telltale popularised.
  • Abyss Odyssey: Actually looks pretty decent, I will put this on my backlog list and might even play it soon. Just wish it would have been cross-buy with PS4.
  • WRC 5: I am tempted to put this on my backlog list since I usually like racing games for as long as they last but I am hesitant about this one because of the many mixed reviews it got. And once again, I'm sad about not getting cross-buy with PS4.
  • Neon Chrome: What, another top-down 360 degrees shooter? Haven't we gotten enough of these? I don't know if I'll ever get to playing this since there's so much more games I'm more interested in, don't know if I'll even put it on my backlog list right away since I have stuff like Alienation on there still as well.
  • Spy Chameleon: ... wow, that actually looks like a lot of fun. When not having to actively pay for it, that is. I'll put this on my backlog list and I'll give it an honest try.

... All in all, pretty average month for me, possibly a good month. One PS3 game I'd like to play, one PS4 (crossbuy Vita) game I'd like to play, neither of which I knew about before now. After the PS4 leak (with one game I already have and one game I don't want), I was hoping at least one of the four other games would be appealing to me, turns out I'm getting two.

And I don't like this trend of not having the PS3 games be cross-buy with PS4. The Vita lists are nearly constantly cross-buy with PS4, and used to be that a PS3 game would occasionally be cross-buy as well but I can't remember the last time that that happened.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TheBritishBaron said:

Again? First time I said anything.

Was a genuine question out of curiosity 

Got my son making a lot of noise while I was watching the video, missed the announcer 

Not you specifically. Every month when there's an episodic season that goes free, there's always someone that asks if it's the first episode or the full season. 

It's such a redundant question because there has only been one game where they gave one episode. And at that time it was because that one episode was the only one that was released at the time.

1 minute ago, Valyrious said:

It's such a redundant question because there has only been one game where they gave one episode. And at that time it was because that one episode was the only one that was released at the time.

It was also done with TWD season 1 PS3. They gave episode 1 and 2 in 2012.

it's a good line-up

might even add WRC 5 to my backlog list after i get my backlog out of the way, 4 out of 6 games for me. 

already own life is strange and alien odyssey. 

planned backlog is about 6 games in (3 indies and 3 plats) in a row.

Edited by kingdrake2

Sadly, nothing for me. Already played Life is Strange and the other games don't really appeal to me. Was hoping for something special with the E3.

1 hour ago, snakebit10 said:

I thought there were going to be some big changes to Plus this month. I guess those will be announced at E3. I'd like to see them bring back the yearly installments of plus like we use to get.

me too, though I doubt it'll return now that PS+ is mandatory to play online on the PS4. Those annual games were just another incentive to get people to subscribe when it was optional.

1 hour ago, snakebit10 said:

I thought there were going to be some big changes to Plus this month. I guess those will be announced at E3. I'd like to see them bring back the yearly installments of plus like we use to get.

You mean like...

FEWER GAMES!

MORE EXPENSIVE PLUS!

MORE SOCIAL BS!

MORE PS4-ONLY THINGS!

Something like this?

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Satoshi Ookami said:

You mean like...

FEWER GAMES!

MORE EXPENSIVE PLUS!

MORE SOCIAL BS!

MORE PS4-ONLY THINGS!

Something like this?

I really don't know what the changes will be. I just heard that they were going to be making changes. Some have speculated that they will be adding VR games to the monthly IGC. That wouldn't do me any good. I have no interest in VR.

• Like 1

Sweet was really hoping that the rumors were true as I've been meaning to play Life is Strange since it came out and wouldn't mind playing Killing Floor 2 with some friends. The other games I'm not to familiar with so I'll look into them later.

12 hours ago, snakebit10 said:

I really don't know what the changes will be. I just heard that they were going to be making changes. Some have speculated that they will be adding VR games to the monthly IGC. That wouldn't do me any good. I have no interest in VR.

I wouldn't mind if PS4 got a bit more focus, it's the current gen console after all.

12 hours ago, Azaan60 said:

Well I'm an idiot. This whole time I thought we were getting Abe's Odyssey. 

Turns out it's actually Abyss Odyssey. 

You'll find that it's actually called "Abe's Oddysee" :)

Edited by BillyHorrible
There, now I'm on a PC again I can finally remove the double quotes that happened when the site did a double post + merge.

59 minutes ago, Satoshi Ookami said:

You mean like...

FEWER GAMES!

MORE EXPENSIVE PLUS!

MORE SOCIAL BS!

MORE PS4-ONLY THINGS!

Something like this?

I think they should make it compulsive to check out the "What's new" section before you even get to start a game. Also, unless you connect to Facebook and post every time you started your game, you shouldn't be able to play either. 

Already have the plat in Life is Strange and Spy Chameleon doesn't interest me at all. Other than that I'm going to try out the rest for sure. WRC 5 I already platted on PS4, so I guess I'll double up on that one, as I liked the game contrary to popular opinion.