Beware of account thieves.

AzlanKH

3 hours ago, KRATOS_31090 said:

I have game shared with many people online. Nothing wrong with it if you know what you're doing. Even if someone steals your account there's ways around it. Look at the top trophy hunters they all game share. This post is kind of useless IMO because its common knowledge.

Yeah, call sony and tell them someone hacked you if that's the case, there are console bans on that behaviour.

1 hour ago, Saionji said:

I recieved the same msg from this guy but I understood it like he wanted to use Share Play which is a completely legit function of ps4. He even send me screen shot of his games, honestly it looked pretty atractive at first :eyebrow: but I realized how in the world am I suppose to find time to play his games while I cant find time to finish all the ones I have :D

lxOOaMu.jpg

He sent me this pic with the same text... different name, and with PS Plus on "his" account... Like I said... He tries to scam people, a friend of mine who is on PSNP too had a message from this person... Again... Different pic and name...

rl9vf7.jpg

4 hours ago, HellcoreFire said:

I think you were mistaking it with Share Play.

Like me when reading this, I was thinking of Share Play myself, but regardless, good to know about this topic either way.

I wouldn't do it myself, I mean, hell, I don't even do Share Play either, so there's that.  I play games on my own and prefer to keep it that way.

Nothing wrong with being scammed once or twice in life. Teaches youngsters not to trust strangers with their personal information!

Better they learn losing some PlayStation content as opposed to their social security number to some Nigerian prince who's dying to offload his Nvidea shares.

4 minutes ago, Paige-ID said:

Nothing wrong with being scammed once or twice in life. Teaches youngsters not to trust strangers with their personal information!

Better they learn losing some PlayStation content as opposed to their social security number to some Nigerian prince who's dying to offload his Nvidea shares.

Or indian scammers that give away free PSN cards :P

7 hours ago, Valyrious said:

Who the hell is this stupid to fall for this kind of thing?

My 17 year old cousin asked me for my details so he could gameshare my PS3 games a few years ago. I laughed and said no.

I refuse to believe someone would do this for a complete stranger. Different story if you're living with a friend or a significant other and you take turns buying games and shit, but I just don't want to ever put my account in a situation where it could be banned.

Plus I don't trust anybody, lol.

Naive children who put their trust in strangers and haven't yet been exposed to the malevelence of others. 

I don't trust people either nor would I even respond to such a request. xD

Nah he would man, all it would take is one or two people to fall for the trick with half decent accounts or a credit card from parents saved on it and it would be worth it. I work in Credit operations and these people don't give up, although this guy's a rookie to some stuff I've seen, probably couldn't get a free lolly out the dentist with this scam.

Edited by TOAST13TOA5T

This whole thread could just be summed up with "Don't give your account info to other people". 

1 hour ago, Bullstomp said:

I will never be in the top 100 because I am the only person who uses my account, when you get that high those are team profiles. Ask me if I give a shit. 

If I were to compare myself with other individual gamers who have a job I think I am happy with where I am.

Great generalization there. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Homura Akemi said:

After seeing so many people getting random messages for game sharing, I'm glad I always have my message notification set to friends only.

I do recommend turning it on, saves from getting hate mail, spam, and scam messages.

Yeah, I'd agree with doing this. A little while back, I got added to a huge message that was basically along the lines of "Click this link for free PSN card generators" blah, blah, blah. It was a bitch to get out of, but after, I set my messages to friends only to avoid it.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, KRATOS_31090 said:

Which is why you will never be near the top on the leaderboard. Why do you think people in the top 50 have so many games?

In my opinion trophy hunting is more than leaderboards ;) I couldn´t care less for my ranking. I would say I´m more impressed by the effort of the trophy lists by some Players (@Bullstomp) how much heart and soul they put into their hobby and what they achieved in it. Every PSN Profile you need to see as a individual player of a football team with his strenght and his weaknesses. The guys at the top of the leaderboards playing as a football club in one PSN Profile. Nothing special for me if you want to look behind each player :) 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Nitro said:

Gamesharing isn't against the Sony TOS, however, trading details over PSN is.

Watch this and you'll understand:

To share with family, yes... No problem there.
The problem is with strangers that fish for your accounts.

44 minutes ago, SpiritOfGoku666 said:

you obviously wouldn't share with people you don't trust :P

6 minutes ago, Pyro said:

Someone sent me a message about getting the last few trophies on FIFA. Just ignored the message, but people got to open there eyes in handing out personal info to a stranger. 

Your post made no sense. The first and second messages have nothing in common.

23 hours ago, Valyrious said:

Who the hell is this stupid to fall for this kind of thing?

My brother's fallen for this kind of thing multiple times. He's got a low IQ (not sure what the current term is, but he was diagnosed as mentally retarded as a child.) He's not allowed to know what his passwords are because of the number of times he's fallen for this kind of thing.

29 minutes ago, Pyro said:

Someone sent me a message about getting the last few trophies on FIFA. Just ignored the message, but people got to open there eyes in handing out personal info to a stranger. 

You hand out personal information to strangers everyday though hahaahahahahahahaha!!

On Sunday, June 11, 2017 at 6:59 PM, Kishnabe said:

I block or send a troll response. Usually they say they will offer you a Sony Promotional Gift Card.

More annoying are those PSN code generator spam convos, they mostly target small level accounts who don't know what is going on. All my alternate accounts get tagged into it.

Lol haha, mine too.

Thanks for the heads up SpiritOfGoku666