Kill Your Completion - CYOA

Game #8 - Day #1

L800d7e.png

Already got a couple of hours in. My expectations for this are pretty straight forward having played 4 other R&C games before. Therefore I believe it'll be as enjoyable as the other games (except Q-Force, screw that game). So far Into the Nexus was my favourite R/C game, so the only real question is, if this one will surpass that one.

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, Edunstar84 said:

CLASSIC!! Re bad ending: Japanese creators tend to do creepy well, don't they?! Steins;Gate and that cage scene in Amnesia: Memories.

God, that cage scene... 

But the worst and creepiest bad endings I've ever encountered are from Drammatical Murder. Those are unrivalled. Seriously. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DamagingRob said:

I try not to do it anymore, but I used to have to open multiple game cases to find the one I wanted, 'cause I'd just shove the last one into the case of the one I was switching to. Lol. 

Yeah, I know. I don't usually do it myself but my kids have before. So I went through every PS3 case I have looking for it but nowhere. I'm sure I'll find it down the road totally unexpectedly but not spending the time right now. Plus, I'm pretty sure I've never actually put it in the machine so I have no idea why it would be out of the case in the first place. Oh well.

1 hour ago, Kevvik said:

Yeah, I know. I don't usually do it myself but my kids have before. So I went through every PS3 case I have looking for it but nowhere. I'm sure I'll find it down the road totally unexpectedly but not spending the time right now. Plus, I'm pretty sure I've never actually put it in the machine so I have no idea why it would be out of the case in the first place. Oh well.

Hmm.. Hopefully, it turns up, eventually. I really liked those games on the 360. 

So... I was supposed to play Final Fantasy Type-0 today but after launching the game, watching the very sad intro (that poor Chocobo!) and finally being able to control the character, motion sickness hit me hard. After playing for 4 minutes, I decided that it was not worth it since I had not even managed to clear the first battle before dizziness came to say hello. Those Square Enix games are getting harder and harder to play. FFXIII's great plains was the same and most of FFXIII Lightning Returns too. 

I really really hope I'll be able to play FFXV. If this one gets me dizzy too, I'll have to give up on the FF franchise :/ 

2 minutes ago, Myu said:

So... I was supposed to play Final Fantasy Type-0 today but after launching the game, watching the very sad intro (that poor Chocobo!) and finally being able to control the character, motion sickness hit me hard. After playing for 4 minutes, I decided that it was not worth it since I had not even managed to clear the first battle before dizziness came to say hello. Those Square Enix games are getting harder and harder to play. FFXIII's great plains was the same and most of FFXIII Lightning Returns too. 

I really really hope I'll be able to play FFXV. If this one gets me dizzy too, I'll have to give up on the FF franchise :/ 

Oh no *sadness* I hope FFXV doesn't make you dizzy. Will you switch out Type-0 for a different game?

3 hours ago, Edunstar84 said:

Oh no *sadness* I hope FFXV doesn't make you dizzy. Will you switch out Type-0 for a different game?

I haven't decided yet. I could play Adventures of Mana on Vita. That's also a Square Enix game (though not the same type) and I'm pretty sure I can't get motion sickness with this one :P 

38 minutes ago, DamagingRob said:

La54747.png

Headlander- Day 1

This game is a metroidvania, but you control a floating head. :blink: In this world, everyone has uploaded their minds to a cloud storage and control robots, and you're the last human alive. With the help of a voice in your head, you plan to take down Methuselah, who has enslaved the human minds, and plans to use them for some unknown purpose.

With your head, which you have 3 to choose from, you can suck off a robot's head and then attach yourself to it. Then you can use that robot's guns, if it has any, and fight other robots. Different colors of enemy robots can open colored doors, letting you progress further. There are also Mappy robots, which you can download and reveal large areas of the map from when controlled. And dog robots, which can enter small doors. 

So far, the game is okay. I've gotten stuck a few times, not knowing where to go, only to finally figure out I can do something the game failed to properly explain.. Like the fact that I had obtained a shield, and wasn't told it could reflect these lasers, that were blocking my path in a number of places. Or that I could shoot unreachable doors with a robot's guns to open them, pop off of it, and fly through the door with my head. But maybe I just missed some things, I don't know. :dunno:

Time played: 2-3 hours.

Trophy progress: 7/31 for 19% and an E rank. 

The Billy tag: @BillyHorrible, since it was him that wanted me to play this. Lol.

Sounds like a game I would really enjoy xD

Thanks for the... heads-up!

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Myu said:

Hey! Look who's back! :D 

Well, "back" is putting it strongly but yeah I decided to pop in for a bit. @DamagingRob is to blame, couldn't resist such a post now, could I?

Haven't played anything on the PlayStation side since it's been too hot and I've been doing some hiking but I have played a few games on the Switch, sitting outside in the evening sun... If anyone wants some recommendations, I've been greatly enjoying both Snake Pass (about halfway through) and Death Squared (story completed), both are available on PS4.

• Like 1