Gr4de_04

Just me or terribly boring?

13 posts in this topic

So, i originally started this game 4 years ago on another ps3 when i wasn't a trophy hunter yet. Got back to it recently (since i never sold the game in those 4 years) and remembered how dull and repetitive the story was (basically either a race or a takedown every time). So i wanted to get at least the online trophies out of the way so it wouldn't become an unobtainable plat for me if they'd shut the servers down. But asides from the boring story line, the steering in this game is just so painful to do, and trying to drift usually ends up with coming to a complete stop or spinning out. The single player overworld also has Waaaaay too many challenges/dares/collectibles. This is all just my personal opinion though but id advise any trophy hunter from avoiding this game. What do you guys think?

imo i originally found the game eh, but after going back to get the online done and get close to plat, i found it to be very enjoyable and the story to be intriguing, although getting all the movie tokens to unlock the movie challenges  are a pain and car handling at times can be annoying but overrall i enjoy it :D 

I typically avoid driving/racing games in general since they usually require a good amount of grinding, annoying online trophies like winning races against both AI and human opponents, so on and so forth.

I thought the whole series got pretty mediocre after Driver 2.

I enjoyed it because it was a fun to just drive around and listen to podcasts.

I can agree with how boring to collect collectibles and doing same side tasks over and over again but I can't agree in main story. With enjoyable controls, detective story was fun in my opinion.

I thought being able to jump from car to car was a unique twist in a driving game. I enjoyed it, although the MP trophies were a chore. 

Image result for it's just you meme

This was the best driver since the original. D2 was too aggressive for the platform (should have been done on the PS2) with the lag and draw-in making driving thru the towns extremely difficult and D3 was trying too much to be GTA instead of keeping with what worked (the out of car controls were horrible) for the series. I liked the Out of Body gimmick and the driving controls were no where near the worst I've ever played. Was this the bestest evar evar??? Not even close. But this is an enjoyable adventure that I come back to time after time...and that in itself is a sign of its status.

Edited by PSXtreme_

Terribly boring. Ended up watching TV shows and what not during it. Found it to be quite an accomplishment by the development team to make a game quite this boring.

I really enjoyed this back in the day, was my favourite racing game for sure single player (ridge racer7 online)

Edited by AlchemyAwesome

For me it was surprisingly good and fun when I finally got it. I didn't expect it to be so arcadey but I liked it, and I was impressed with what Ubisoft could squeeze out of the PS3, dat smooth framerate and short loading times in an open world racing game, very impressive.