1. Castlevania.

2. Silent Hill.

If be real, so:

1. Bloodborne 2 or equal.

2. The Last of Us part II.

3. Vampyr.

4. Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night.

5. Code Vein.

6. Grand Theft Auto next whatever it will be.

7. New Deus Ex, whatever it will be.

And I'm suck at racing but still love it, so Gran Turismo Sport.

Edited by Bloodytears1666

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There's so many coming out that I'm incredibly hyped for; WWE 2K18, South Park: The Fractured But Whole, Yakuza 6, Sonic Forces, Star Wars: Battlefront II, Wolfenstein II, Far Cry 5, Spider-Man, Detroit: Become Human, Red Dead Redemption 2...Looking at my Amazon wish list and thinking "how on Earth am I going to fund all of this?".

Heh. Now that Ys 8 is actually out I'm having a bit of trouble thinking of something I'm looking forward to, at least as much as I was for Ys 8. Maybe Trails of Cold Steel 3? It's not actually confirmed yet but it's a matter of time. Long wait ahead though so I can't say I'm too excited ATM. And there's the possibility of NISA snatching up the publishing rights, which after the mess that was Ys 8 just sends shivers down my spine. XSEED aren't perfect but NISA is just... NISA.

I have grown remarkably interested in South Park: The Fractured But Whole in a mere two days. The idea of a difficulty slider that turns your character black is positively hilarious to me.

10 minutes ago, TooruPT said:

Heh. Now that Ys 8 is actually out I'm having a bit of trouble thinking of something I'm looking forward to, at least as much as I was for Ys 8. Maybe Trails of Cold Steel 3? It's not actually confirmed yet but it's a matter of time. Long wait ahead though so I can't say I'm too excited ATM. And there's the possibility of NISA snatching up the publishing rights, which after the mess that was Ys 8 just sends shivers down my spine. XSEED aren't perfect but NISA is just... NISA.

Ys 8 is no good? So many people seem to like it. 

I hate XSeed. I know a lot of people love them because they bring so much stuff over that we otherwise wouldn't get, but I'll never forgive them for their lazy, lousy QC on Wild Arms titles for the PS2 (Alter Code: F and WA4 in particular).

On 9/28/2017 at 3:33 PM, Bloodytears1666 said:

I believe in Konami, so for the first I'm always waiting for

1. Castlevania.

2. Silent Hill.

Anyone who believes in Konami has more faith than even the most religious person. I hope it pans out for you!

Just now, starcrunch061 said:

Ys 8 is no good? So many people seem to like it.

Oh the game is great, it's the localization that's a mess. Typos, basic translation mistakes, weird sounding dialog, etc. They even swapped the descriptions of two items. You can cook different dishes to give you passive bonuses for a couple of minutes. One late game dish was supposed to add a regen effect to the party but I couldn't get it to work. I only figured it out when I used a different dish that gave me regen even though it wasn't supposed to.

Let's not even go into detail with the PC port, which they were handling themselves and ended up being delayed one day before launch until god knows when because according to beta testers, it ran as smoothly as a slideshow.

The joke being the Ys games aren't terribly complicated when it comes to lore and dialog. It's an action game through and through and NISA still managed to drop the ball. Hard. The Trails games are some of the most ambitious RPGs out there. They're huge projects with very large scripts and Falcom are really thorough when it comes to its lore, plot and characters. I shudder to think what would happen with NISA at the helm. Again, XSEED aren't perfect, but they've been good to Trails so far. Their original localization of Trails in the Sky on the PSP was also a bit of a mess but they translated the entire thing from scratch for the PC release and have doing a decent job ever since.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, TooruPT said:

Oh the game is great, it's the localization that's a mess.

Gotcha. I was looking at the trailer for that game, and I know what you mean. Listening to the people talk was cringeworthy, not so much for the voices, but for the words that came out of their mouths. I loved how they called what appeared (to a novice like me) to be primeval beings as "original species". Really? That's the best you could do?