Metal Gear Survive Releases on February 2018

Maxie_M0us3

Yes, the company has done less than admirable things and there are a ton of games I love that I am sure will never be thought of outside a pachinko machine. I understand the anger towards them, I was looking forward to things that got scrapped or forgotten.

But let us be realistic, most people don't care who makes the games or the practices of the company. 
Don't let it bother you so much, it seems like so much wasted energy over something so small that is easily ignored. 

Konami has been pretty crappy with video games for years and it is because there isn't a big enough profit in it these days. I assume Metal Gear Survive wasn't incredibly expensive to make so they will make a profit regardless of how it sells.

I think it looks pretty good for the type of game it is. 

Edited by MidnightMoth

On 10/24/2017 at 11:19 PM, GrayFT said:

Why canceled?

It's better if  they release it, so Konami loses money when no one buys it.

I doubt they'll lose money. I'm sure this is just some frankenstein of old assets. 

On 10/25/2017 at 5:24 AM, Bullstomp said:

*Metal Gear Solid, the board game!

To be fair, a Metal Gear board games or TCG could be pretty awesome. Plus, you could get fan art for Metal Gear characters, which is always a plus, right?

On 10/25/2017 at 5:55 AM, dmsleight said:

So they made a game and thought, hey, we can draw kids in if we slap MG on there. 

#notmetalgear

Do kids really care about Metal Gear? I always thought Metal Gear was a franchise for old, nostalgia folks.

On 25/10/2017 at 5:36 AM, Maxie Mouse said:

It’s just a way to not supporting the rape of MGS franchise by Konami.

Oh please ?. 

MGS is Konami’s IP, they can do what they want with it. 

This game looks boring for sure, but no more or less boring than the Kojima-helmed entries, and at least this one will have been completed on time and on budget, and without a bunch of time and energy wasted on mo-caping horses and other silly nonsense.

I understand some folks are bummed out by the percieved lack of the type of over-blown anime story stuff that Kojima brought to the franchise, but that stuff cost Konami a lot of money over the years. I can understand them not wanting to fund another Kojima-helmed, Quixotic, multi-million dollar risk.

(That unskippable, pseudo-intellectual, anime-ass nonsense, btw, was why I gave up on the series after MGS2 - but that’s neither here nor there.)

If that stuff is what you want, I’m sure “Death Stranding” will fill that need.

(If it is a real game and actually comes out at some point, that is. As far as I can tell from the no-info trailer, that game might as well be called “Waah, Waah, Waah: Konami finally stopped funding my hobby of making digital Michael Bay films with my friends and actually wanted a decent return on investment”)

I'll keep an open mind about it. Looks like it plays almost identically to the Phantom Pain which had the best gameplay of the entire series in my opinion, so that's a possible positive. I'll even let the wormhole to a land of crystal zombies slide, I mean, Metal Gear is known for being out there and I've seen stranger things in the series. 

I think I read somewhere that there's a single player mode rather than being co-op so that's a plus for me. If it was purely co-op I wouldn't consider buying it at all (I prefer playing alone). Although I really would've preferred a remake of MGS1 & 2 or MGS (PS1) I can live without it. The way I see it I had a good twenty years playing Metal Gear and the series, at least as we know it had to end at some point, nothing lasts forever. I can't ask more of Metal Gear after twenty years so if Survive turns out to be decent it's an unexpected bonus. If it sucks, it doesn't really affect me, I'll still have the two decades of being there for the good times and that's what I'll remember. 

On 10/27/2017 at 4:47 AM, DrBloodmoney said:

This game looks boring for sure, but no more or less boring than the Kojima-helmed entries, and at least this one will have been completed on time and on budget, and without a bunch of time and energy wasted on mo-caping horses and other silly nonsense.

LOL. Too true. And let's not forget the delightful "inside jokes", like having your screen turn blue, except for the word "Hideo" flashing. Pure hilarity!

It's the Scylla of Konami versus the Charybdis of prima donna Hideo Kojima. Happily, I can pass both by ignoring this product and Kojima simultaneously (and I actually liked much of the Metal Gear series).

Edited by starcrunch061
  • Like 1

• 3 months later...
On 10/27/2017 at 5:47 AM, DrBloodmoney said:

I understand some folks are bummed out by the percieved lack of the type of over-blown anime story stuff that Kojima brought to the franchise, but that stuff cost Konami a lot of money over the years. I can understand them not wanting to fund another Kojima-helmed, Quixotic, multi-million dollar risk.

I'm pretty sure they made bank on the MGS franchise.... 

"The franchise has sold over 49 million copies worldwide, making it one of the best selling franchises " -Fandom

But don't get me wrong, I'm not buying this game, Konami don f'ed up, and I speak with my wallet. In fact I feel 5 was botched(probably by the internal politics between Konami & Kojima), and I probably wouldn't have bought it if I knew Kojima really didn't put his all into it. 

Edited by Dav9834

Must say one thing though. I've never seen so many grown men be crybabies about one single game. Almost as pathetic as the people who credit Kojima as the sole source for Metal Gear Solid. It's not a Hideo Kojima game. It's a game made by many talented, if not more talented people than Kojima. I don't think I'll buy this game, and I think the fiasco between Kojima and Konami was indeed mostly Konami. But I'm not going to be walking hyperbole and try and drown Konami in my salty tears because of it. 

Edited by Starlove-
  • Like 2

On 25/10/2017 at 6:18 AM, It Is Time To Oil Up said:

I'm going to laugh if this game gets great reviews and sells more copies than the Phantom Pain.

Then, because of it's success, they release Castlevania Erotic Violence and Silent Hills Survive.

@Maxie Mouse I'm going to preorder and buy it. Then buy another copy and send it to you bruh. ?

Down vote me all you want...oh wait...you can't! Bwahahahahahahahahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.

I played you like a damn fiddle PSNP! SUCH A LUST FOR SHITPOSTS! WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

I already told u, i want the meds that u are taking. Did u get your prescription with Doctor Earl Serrano? ?

On topic. I honestly think if the game had another name it would have a better chance ?
But... i am on the #fuckKonami team. :awesome: They canceled Silent Hills... SH had Junji Ito in it's production...i cannot forgive that! -_-

OOOOOh... this is for the ppl on top of the fence. I think now we might be all at the same side. The side that says beautifully F-U-C-K-K-O-N-A-M-I.
Geeeeeez Konami is trying harder than EA. ? :facepalm:

Hope u all have a nice gaming day friends :wave:
http://www.ign.com/articles/2018/02/22/metal-gear-survive-makes-you-pay-10-for-a-new-save-if-you-dont-want-to-delete-your-existing-character

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, BG_painter said:

OOOOOh... this is for the ppl on top of the fence. I think now we might be all at the same side. The side that says beautifully F-U-C-K-K-O-N-A-M-I.
Geeeeeez Konami is trying harder than EA. 1f602.png:facepalm:

Hope u all have a nice gaming day friends :wave:
http://www.ign.com/articles/2018/02/22/metal-gear-survive-makes-you-pay-10-for-a-new-save-if-you-dont-want-to-delete-your-existing-character

Mm I did check out the article but I think it's giving off a slightly misleading essence unless I'm mistaken. 

What I mean is if you can earn those coins in sp with relative ease then I don't see a problem but if that's the only way to unlock a slot then by all means this is atrocious xD

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, PooPDeePie said:

Mm I did check out the article but I think it's giving off a slightly misleading essence unless I'm mistaken. 

What I mean is if you can earn those coins in sp with relative ease then I don't see a problem but if that's the only way to unlock a slot then by all means this is atrocious xD

I read it too. I agree with you, but i also think that doesn't help Konami, :giggle:.

• Like 1