Kill Your Completion V

31 minutes ago, MarkusT1992 said:

Game #6: The Book of Unwritten Tales 2 (Day 1-3)

L1fd8a9.png

In terms of gameplay it's like most point and click adventures. Colect everything you can and try to find out what to do with your items. A good thing all adventure games should have is the function to show each interactable points on the screen. By pressing :square: you can do that. You can also do that while holding an item from your inventory. In this game you can't use each item with everything in the world, only with some objects, which makes finding a solution much easier as you needn'T to try that much.

The puzzles seem all logical so far so nothing to mention on that.

What I really like are all the references to other games. So far there was one for Skyrim and I guess WoW. There was a companion cube, famous swords from Cloud Strife and Minecraft plus two I didn't recognize and that's only from one screen.

It's a very funny game not only because of the references. There are many great dialogues to discover. Especially with one character I haven't met in my three days yet.

Time played: No clue. I guess I'm under the three hours

Trophies: 4/51 for 6%

Rating: :gold::silver::silver:

I played this during KYC 3.0 and while I didn't mind it, the humor just felt flat to me, like it was trying too hard.  Maybe I was just not in the right mood for it when I went through. It certainly was a lengthy story, especially with a fair bit of dialogue. I'm glad you are enjoying it and maybe I was too harsh on it at the time.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Kevvik said:

I played this during KYC 3.0 and while I didn't mind it, the humor just felt flat to me, like it was trying too hard.  Maybe I was just not in the right mood for it when I went through. It certainly was a lengthy story, especially with a fair bit of dialogue. I'm glad you are enjoying it and maybe I was too harsh on it at the time.

To each his own. I always love references to other games so it's great to have so many in one game.

Maybe it has something to do with the game being from a German developer that I like it. Who knows.

To our gracious host with the most:

While I love me some Ratchet and Clank, I've noticed that I just keep avoiding it when deciding what game to play next from the titles I chose for the month. I think this means I'm just not in the mood for Into the Nexus right now (and I played the PS4 reboot during the last KYC) so I'm going to swap it out from my list.

In its place, I'd like to put Kona. This has my interest piqued and this way I don't have to wait until December to try it out.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dertswa687o said:

L2259cf.png

Game 2 - Batman: Arkham Knight

Alright folks, I said life got in my way but I'm going to do my best to catch up anyway.

Arkham Knight is the 3rd game in the series I've played after Asylum and City (both on xbox) so I had a pretty good expectation of what the game was going to offer... And then I actually started playing it and it's practically a racing game. I felt like I was playing Batmobile: Arkham Knight. I expected the Batmobile to make its appearance a bit further in the story, but it shows up super quickly and it's clear that the game revolves around it. In my 2 hours of gameplay, I did 1 physical fight, 1 stealth sequence, and the rest of the time was in the Batmobile or cutscenes. The Batmobile is surprisingly difficult to control and I found myself crashing a lot, especially when I used the boost. Maybe it's because the brake is mapped to square rather than the left trigger.

It was nice that you start with a few of the upgrades that are important like exploding gel, remote batarang, and the grapple boost. Not that I've really had a chance to use them or anything.

This might be more of a criticism for AAA games in general, but the drawback of having super good and detailed graphics is that it's very hard to distinguish what to do. Enemies blend in with the background a lot. Detective mode helps but I don't want to play the whole game in detective mode. Menus use small font and I have trouble reading it from the distance away I normally play.

Anyway, the game is still fun so far and I'm sure I'll have fun with it when I can put more time into it.

I actually liked the Batmobil a lot. That's why I don't understand that so many people say it's used too much. It makes navigating the city much faster than in Arkham City. I even liked the races and the Batmobile fights.

@PerryToxteth funny thing is, it wasn't even officially one of the games from my previous KYC. I just happened to play it at the time and ended up fascinated by it. I had the physical version of it (I think it is EU only) which included the soundtrack on a separate disc. I ended up listening just to the soundtrack over and over again, because it's so good.

It's one of those underrated indie games, that just don't get as much attention as they deserve. Speaking of underrated indie games I have another suggestion for you, this one being "Dex" (PS4 version, as Vita version doesn't run smoothly and again physical copy includes soundtrack on separate disc), a 2D sci-fi Action-RPG with a great story.

Edited by voodoo_eyes
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, MarkusT1992 said:

One thing that might be interesting for you is that a multiplayer mode is planned for Stardew Valley. I don't know if it will come to consoles though.

As far as I know it will be relesed early next year for PC.

I knew that already, but thanks still. Switch should be getting the multiplayer at the same time.

I've bought it for the single player but depending on how multiplayer works, I might just give it a go along with the missus.

The dev supposedly has yet to meet a single deadline so I wouldn't hold my breath on anything.

Edited by Cubone

8 hours ago, dizzyshadow said:

have to say i'm loving all the gaming christmas jumpers that are available now, i've gone retro this year:

Related image

but so many great ones its difficult to choose.

That's a nice one too :)

Yeah too many options, I already skipped on the Zelda and Mario retro ones. Tried to find a picture of my sweater from last year online but I failed :( who knew that "Darth Vader Merry Sithmas sweater" would yield so many different results?