Mein Leben Trophy Petition

1 hour ago, PSX_Trepie said:

dAt the end of the day this is a group of people who paid good money for a product and they are not happy with it.  Not a discounted price, full launch day prices, possibly collectors edition prices.  This might be the only game they buy for months.  It's very, very hard to get a developers ear and if this is the way they feel they can show developers they are unhappy with the product they bought, then they have every right to do this.  They SHOULD do this.

What about the gamers who bought the game that wanted the difficulty and the challenge. Which might be the game which they also buy for months. We all knew it was a difficult game through watching the youtubers streams.

Think I might start a petition against the gamers who want to trophy requirements changed.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Elvick_ said:

literally wat

You're comparing hardware, which can't be changed, to software which can. Horrible analogy.

You are quite right, it's not the best comparison ? 

But my personal opinion lies in the fact that even though this trophy could be changed, I don't see why they should, they have no reason to do it other then to cater to the people who can't live without their 100% (Even though it might be possible, we won't know till' people get the trophy)

As someone else said, while we are at it, why not nerf Wipeout, Star Ocean 4, White Knight Chronicles and all the other games with hard trophies so we can all have My Name is Mayo, Nubla and 1000 Top Rated skill level trophies...

23 minutes ago, Elvick_ said:

Edited by Tsukuyomi_Moon89
Double post

I am definitely leaning on the side that this is probably trophy obsession going too far, but if there are people who are going to persist with this then let me say one thing: tread carefully. Telling a studio who put theirs day-to-day lives to make a game over three years that they should make their trophy list easier is a tricky line to walk. Be careful.

But really, this whole issue about a platinum being too difficult is just plain ridiculous. If you want the platinum then go and take up the challenge. Don't try and change the challenge to make it easier for yourself, accept the challenge and go get that Wolfenstein II platinum if you really, really want it (just like @Yuichiro-Akuhei who just conveniently posted above me while I was writing this ? ).

Edited by olimoo101

3 minutes ago, Yuichiro-Akuhei said:

the reason I bought this game day one, was just for this trophy, finally a challenge in a triple-A game! 

That makes two of us (‘: also needed a break from the indie I’m playing because it wrecks your thumb with the quick D-Pad movements.

2 hours ago, ProfBambam55 said:

I'm glad you took the joke well...again, just laugh it off...cures many an emotion...well, your post got a smile from me and a like as I couldn't tell if you were serious or not...thanks...

p.s. and in case it wasn't obvious, I didn't sign the petition...haha..."signed the petition for a 'difficult' trophy to make it easier"...pretty funny..."you are what is wrong with todays society"...haha...didn't know we knew each other...alex is that you?...alex?...judging someone off one forum post?...i assume you were joking too now...a good laugh...

You know, usually when people make a joke they leave a hint of sorts to let others know they're kidding. Lol.

But glad we're on the same page. :]

Edited by weavsxx

The developers can put whatever they want in their game. And gamers can choose not to buy it to avoid frustration too. I was on the fence with this game, but this trophy then made the decision to skip it quite easily.

Those who want this trophy changed must really be huge fans of Wolfenstein and trophies (in a completist manner, particularly), and I get how they feel. Most people here don't seem to understand. All these people saying "git gud" when there's no one in the world that has managed to earn the trophy yet is silly.

Edited by Esquoret

14 minutes ago, weavsxx said:

You know, usually when people make a joke they leave a hint of sorts to let others know they're kidding. Lol.

But glad we're on the same page. :]

and usually people ask if you're being serious or not when you have two seemingly contradictory statements side-by-side before going to the extreme of accusing them of being "what's wrong with todays world" based on one post  but maybe that's just me... 

side note: this is becoming one hot topic...gotta love it...i just took off my pants...

*disclaimer* I'm still wearing my pants...

p.s. @weavsxx is this better?...

Edited by ProfBambam55

1 minute ago, Esquoret said:

The developers can put whatever they want in their game. And gamers can choose not to buy it to avoid frustration too. I was on the fence with this game, but this trophy then made the decision to skip it quite easily.

Those who want this trophy changed must really be huge fans of Wolfenstein and trophies (in a completist manner, particularly), and I get how they feel. Most people here don't seem to understand.

Naw, they get it.  They just don't kill themselves, if they can't get a trophy and move on or you know not play games for trophies necessarily.  If you want the trophy, get good.  Sounds simple to me *shrugs*

5 minutes ago, Esquoret said:

Those who want this trophy changed must really be huge fans of Wolfenstein and trophies (in a completist manner, particularly), and I get how they feel. Most people here don't seem to understand.

Facepalm. You didn't buy the game for the experience it will give, but rather skipped it for a trophy. Congratulations.

Edited by weavsxx

10 hours ago, DharmaDan said:

So.... I know people were pissed about this trophy but I did not think they would go to these lengths. I don't think there has ever been a trophy removed or changed due to it being too difficult to obtain before.

https://www.change.org/p/machine-change-the-mein-leben-trophy-in-wolfenstein-ii

Indeed there has. Azkend 2 for the Vita had one of its trophies changed, because it was absolutely impossible in its initial form. 

But that being said, is this trophy really impossible? In Azkend 2, literally NO ONE had the trophy legitimately.

36 minutes ago, Garbodor said:

Lol everybody is shitposting the petition and those who signed it, yet the number of people who signed it is  really high but those people are nowhere to be seen on the comments here. :hmm:

1) either some are hypocrites

2) those who signed the petition just simply didn't comment lol

Of course they didn't. Internet boards aren't ruled by the majority; they are ruled by the loudmouths. 

But that being said, is this trophy really that hard? Is it impossible for anyone to get it?

Edited by starcrunch061
  • Like 1

In this day and age, some people are always looking forward to dealing with a new challenge. 

This trophy could really become one of the most difficult achievable honors the gaming community has seen in the recent years. 

From my point of view, this is somewhat comparable to Max Payne 3, New York Minute Hardcore. I was able to beat that mode back in 2013 and it was a very satisfying experience. Rockstar, even with their top - notch - support, never changed the requirements of "The shadows rushed me". My guess is that there could be a lot of money involved in programming a patch, letting it be verified by Sony and so on. 

The developers could ask themselves the question why they would be supposed to change anything if the game is running perfectly fine and just as intended ( well, that wasn't always the case with Max Payne :) ). 

My suggestion for Wolfenstein is that the game should be patched in a way that random system errors are eliminated as much as possible, paving the way for a " Mein leben" - run without the need of fearing a crash of the game. 

I have not yet bought Wolfenstein 2 so I am unaware of the game performance, it's just a general aspect that came up to my mind. 

I bought a power strip with an integrated battery pack one year ago (approx. 80 or 90 € from Amazon I think). This could possibly be interesting for someone who fears power outages. It helped me once already when the electricity level dropped down too much. 

All the best of luck and success to everyone who will try to earn the "Mein leben" trophy. 

Greetings from Germany :)

• Like 2

They did actually patch God of War: Ascension because trophy noobs were thinking that the Gauntlet of Archimedes was too hard without checkpoints on hard mode. What I think is that casual players should just stick to easy mode, it's not life or death whether you can get a trophy or not. I kind of hope the trophy stays the same, it means that if I ever decide to get this game, the rarity will probably be very good for it and since it's a trophy for doing the game in one go without failing, you can't exactly save hack it so the rarity should be fairly accurate here until people can set custom timestamps with PS4 CFW hahaha. There used to be a time where games used to require you to go through it with no deaths to reach the end, people liked those games but since we're in the world of 10 checkpoints for every mission on a game people just give up and cry too easily. Remember, your PS4 can be put into rest mode and you can continue where you left off on games like this, so there's opportunities to take a break if you need it. I guess you're crying because you expected this to be easy like the previous Wolfenstein game on PS4. 

Edited by Sergen
  • Like 1