Mein Leben Trophy Petition

2 hours ago, Elvick_ said:

literally wat

You're comparing hardware, which can't be changed, to software which can. Horrible analogy.

"Software" like this can be changed only due to controversy (i.e. "Bros before Hos" from God of War: Ascension) not because of noob-ish junk.

Stupid petitions like this should be banned from this forum. IDGAF about freedom of speech, "something is better than nothing" and other crap like that.

This petition is as stupid as the one they made for Mass Effect Andromeda where they moaned about the lack of non-English (the actual subject was the Italian language) dubbing as the main cause of the game's failure.

Like someone else said to TC...

GIT GUD!

Edited by Lance_87
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Esquoret said:

The developers can put whatever they want in their game. And gamers can choose not to buy it to avoid frustration too. I was on the fence with this game, but this trophy then made the decision to skip it quite easily.

Those who want this trophy changed must really be huge fans of Wolfenstein and trophies (in a completist manner, particularly), and I get how they feel. Most people here don't seem to understand. All these people saying "git gud" when there's no one in the world that has managed to earn the trophy yet is silly.

Wait so you're boycotting a great game all because of a trophy? Congratulations, really.

56 minutes ago, Lance_87 said:

"Software" like this can be changed only due to controversy (i.e. "Bros before Hos" from God of War: Ascension) not because of noob-ish junk.

Stupid petitions like this should be banned from this forum. IDGAF about freedom of speech, "something is better than nothing" and other crap like that.

This petition is as stupid as the one they made for Mass Effect Andromeda where they moaned about the lack of non-English (the actual subject was the Italian language) dubbing as the main cause of the game's failure.

Like someone else said to TC...

1. That's untrue. Plants vs Zombies Vita trophy list for matching 3 in the slot minigame was originally for getting 3 diamonds, not any ol' match 3. It was changed. I got it prior to the patch that made it easy.
2. This forum didn't create the petition so I don't understand your point.
3. So?
4. Git gud at ignoring things that don't matter.

Edited by Elvick_

9 minutes ago, Potent_Delusions said:

LSBcY35.png

This made me laugh when clicking on grimy's petition LOL. Let's all do CJ a solid and sign up. Would be pretty funny if that got more signatures than the real one ?

Hahahahaha

do you have a link for cjs petition? I want to sign it

Edited by UlvenFenrir

Must I add that I don’t boycott Wolfenstein II at all? I just simply don’t buy it because of a season pass. Very sad fate for Wolfenstein...

I'll eventually get it... a year later when Bethesda releases a Complete Edition (as usual with Elder Scrolls, Fallout and the rest) so I can get the whole game cheaper. Let’s hope that crybabies get what they want to beat Mein Laben. :P If nothing changes a year later... well I'll persevere until I get the holy grail Platinum. :awesome:

Edited by Maxie Mouse

1 hour ago, diskdocx said:

I didn't sign the petition, but frankly I am disappointed by this forum and many of the posters here. The vitriol here is an embarrassment to a great community. There will always be differing opinions, but learning how to debate in a mature and respectful manner is fundamental to a functional community. If you have to level insults with every post, and your goal is to destroy those with a different opinion, you create an environment of toxicity.

Discord is fine. Having a different opinion is great, and expressing that should be encouraged. Don't like the petition? Don't sign it, or create a counter petition.

Personally I think that the developers could have at least dropped in an autosave checkpoint at the beginning of each chapter. Would still be a hard trophy, just not an ultra elite hard trophy. Would have probably avoided most of this, and certainly would have been a good compromise.

That said, I don't think they will change it, and at this point I don't think they should. Doesn't change my disappointment (with the general tone and nature of the response from this community).

I'm sure this topic will be locked like the other one, and if that is the objective, well, I hope the posters here are proud of that.

There's nothing wrong with a little spirit, even. I've certainly called my fair share of arguments "stupid". But there doesn't seem to be any actual "argument" here. This thread seems more of a chance to lob insults at the "scrub", with little info about the actual trophy in question.

So, getting back to the thread, as far as I understand, no one has the trophy yet. Is it due to a real, but overcome-able difficulty? Or is it because the trophy requirements are just not possible? Again, I cite Azkend 2: one Vita trophy had you change tile colors 10 times within a single game. I'm hardly slow on the draw, but my personal record was 4. I would guess that even the fastest people could only muster 6 or 7. The developers were open to change, and after about a year or so, they made a change (personally, I think it's a little too easy now, but I'll never complain about developers paying attention to their product).

What about here? Is this a trophy that no one will get legitimately? Is it an open invitation to hackers? If so, I hope the devs change it as well. If not, then I hope they leave it in place.

Edited by starcrunch061

I mean for those who really want to keep a "flawless" completion rate could always make another account and play this.. I find this pretty amusing. I'll be honest, I sometimes look at trophies before purchasing a game, but if it's a game I'm really looking forward too (typically AAA titles) I don't care if I can't get the platinum because that's not what I bought the game for. I can't believe something like this is real. I hope the developers see this petition and laugh or feel accomplished for making an extremely challenging difficulty.

Edited by DuckSwimmer
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Maxie Mouse said:

@grimydawg Oooh yes, DS2 Hardcore Mode! I l got raged when I died far from the last save and I left the game for a whole week before I kept going xD

In the end I was satisfied and the Foam Finger was worth the effort! :D

Yeah, Mein Leben plays just like Uber.  It's literally Uber with one life, but most people did the exploit in the other two games.  So, they'll get bodied :facepalm:  You'll be fine, assuming you know where the key armor is, health buffs, etc.

Edited by grimydawg

Man, there's lots of people with strong opinions in here, huh? :P Meanwhile, I'm fine with whatever ends up happening. Either I get an easy platinum or I have to work hard to get one which would be pretty impressive to have in the collection. I'm fine with either one. I'm pretty certain they won't be changing the requirements, though, no matter how many signatures this thing gets.

I do think the Mein leben trophy is a little ridiculous, but it's no like it's impossible. I get wanting to platinum/100% every game you play, but trophy hunting is no fun if you only go for the easy platinums. Maybe try challenging yourself every now and then? ;) When I get around to playing the game, I don't know if I'll be able to get the platinum, but I'll be giving it my best shot.

9 minutes ago, starcrunch061 said:

So, getting back to the thread, as far as I understand, no one has the trophy yet. Is it due to a real, but overcome-able difficulty? Or is it because the trophy requirements are just not possible?

In a world where people are doing 0 damage runs in Dark Souls, anything is possible in my opinion. The trophy isn't literally broken or anything, but the requirements are so brutal that to a lot of trophy hunters they seem impossible to overcome.

• Like 1