DOMINION TROPHY SOLUTION!!! (%99 WORKS)

speedomer

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I had over 100 wins, in all modes, at least 5 in a row in infected, various positions in the winners' circle, deleted game and reinstalled, tried a database rebuild, I tried everything. I talked to a few friends and they mentioned getting it after playing with friends in Asia. One friend from Asia invited me to join and one game later(not even a win) and the trophy popped. This and VPN solution seems to be the only solutions. Because this is an older game I see no fix from Infinity Ward at all in the future. A huge thank you to our Asian brothers who went out of their way to help us and the VPN savvy.

Edited by pbjent

40 minutes ago, pbjent said:

I had over 100 wins, in all modes, at least 5 in a row in infected, various positions in the winners' circle, deleted game and reinstalled, tried a database rebuild, I tried everything. I talked to a few friends and they mentioned getting it after playing with friends in Asia. One friend from Asia invited me to join and one game later(not even a win) and the trophy popped. This and VPN solution seems to be the only solutions. Because this is an older game I see no fix from Infinity Ward at all in the future. A huge thank you to our Asian brothers who went out of their way to help us and the VPN savvy.

How can I find a Asian server? Or get invited to one? 

If that really is the way to obtain this trophy, then it would be really awesome if someone from Asia could help me with this trophy. I'd like to get it before the game gets infested with hackers like all older Call of Duty games do. I'd hate to have to hide another game just because some dimwitted hacker ruins my trophy list like they did with Black Ops 2. My real stats should say 35 platinum trophies but they got hacked, so now it's only 34.

I'm still going to get the platinum trophy for every CoD game out there...

Hi there everyone :)

Currently, I'm utilizing a hassle-free method to test my luck with the "Dominion" trophy (didn't earn it yet).

I haven't read about this approach on the internet before, but I don't claim to have "discovered" it.

You'll need a turbo controller (for example one from Hori) and 2 hairties.

First off, join a Team Deathmatch lobby.

Fix your left stick so that it's being pulled upwards, do the same with the right stick to any other direction (mine is being pulled to the right).

Furthermore, auto fire the X and the R2 buttons.

This will basically keep you ingame all the time. I've tried it with other button combinations but got kicked due to inactivity.

From my point of view, it stands to reason to do this on TDM because your team will still win rather often despite being weakened by you.

The described idea worked for me thoughout tonight's rest, which is why I think that it'll continue to do so.

I'm fully aware of the fact that this way of grinding might possibly deteriorate other people's experience, I guess that all kinds of boosting do this. This method is being prefered by me over having to setup a VPN (which didn't help some people) or adding people who'd have to make time just for me.

I'll edit this post once I've got news to share :)

Best of success to you.

Greetings from Germany!

EDIT: One player just messaged me that he's going to report me. I'm afraid that's the downside. 

EDIT 2: This method didn't work for me to get the trophy.

Edited by Bizzy_Montana_

Just got the trophy. I used the vpn method. Since my router is not really vpn compatible, i used a raspberry pi to use a openvpn connection from one of the japanese hosts on https://www.vpngate.net. I used https://gist.github.com/superjamie/ac55b6d2c080582a3e64 as tutorial for setting up the pi. Then i setup my ps4 to use the pi as gateway and connected to the mulitplayer part of the game. It took a moment to find a match but trophy popped right after the first match ( wasnt even a win ). Pretty emberassing for the developers that they cant fix this bug.

1 hour ago, lhardwood said:

Just got the trophy. I used the vpn method. Since my router is not really vpn compatible, i used a raspberry pi to use a openvpn connection from one of the japanese hosts on https://www.vpngate.net. I used https://gist.github.com/superjamie/ac55b6d2c080582a3e64 as tutorial for setting up the pi. Then i setup my ps4 to use the pi as gateway and connected to the mulitplayer part of the game. It took a moment to find a match but trophy popped right after the first match ( wasnt even a win ). Pretty emberassing for the developers that they cant fix this bug.

Can you Help me with that?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 2019-03-24 at 11:09 AM, lhardwood said:

Not embarising at all for the devs... it's a cost and management issue. They don't like to fix it because they are greedy! They care about profit and as long it's not a vast problem to majority of the community they probably don't give a fuck. If the game gets too old they don't give a fuck either. Except it's something very very serious like a vulnerability who put the players/servers to a big risk. Also 99.999 % of the gamers don't know the names of the devs and will never ever be able to meet them. Probably they don't care about this at all IRL.

Except that it sucks when you get problems like this. Luckily there are workarounds often. Many routers (maybe a little newer or more expensive ones) from i.e. Asus and Netgear got VPN support. That means you can add some VPNs on the router level instead of specific device and all devices connected to that router goes through the VPN connection. Just letting people know. It could be easier for those less tech savy people like ihardwood and me. It's not supereasy for exactly anybody but it might (possibly) be more flexible/easier than messing around with a Rasberri Pi. If you go the easiest route just find somebody from Asia. I propose you make session at PSNP and specificy the requirments for people to join.

1 hour ago, A-Rebirth said:

Not embarising at all for the devs... it's a cost and management issue. They don't like to fix it because they are greedy! They care about profit and as long it's not a vast problem to majority of the community they probably don't give a fuck. If the game gets too old they don't give a fuck either. Except it's something very very serious like a vulnerability who put the players/servers to a big risk. Also 99.999 % of the gamers don't know the names of the devs and will never ever be able to meet them. Probably they don't care about this at all IRL.

Except that it sucks when you get problems like this. Luckily there are workarounds often. Many routers (maybe a little newer or more expensive ones) from i.e. Asus and Netgear got VPN support. That means you can add some VPNs on the router level instead of specific device and all devices connected to that router goes through the VPN connection. Just letting people know. It could be easier for those less tech savy people like ihardwood and me. It's not supereasy for exactly anybody but it might (possibly) be more flexible/easier than messing around with a Rasberri Pi. If you go the easiest route just find somebody from Asia. I propose you make session at PSNP and specificy the requirments for people to join.

Why should they spend money fixing a trophy when they have no financial incentive to do so? They are a business after all

On 2019-05-15 at 4:48 PM, SnowxSakura said:

Why should they spend money fixing a trophy when they have no financial incentive to do so? They are a business after all

I never said they shouldn't. If I was a big shareholder, CEO or board member I would also rather care about profit. But I'm not... not for activision at least. I'm a gamer and anything that could make my experience better or anything that could be fixed that has impact on the potential trophies I want to achive is within in my interest.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Yep this is definitely the solution and I can personally confirm it. I'm a Chinese player and I suppose it puts me in JPN server automatically. After 8 wins the trophy didn't pop so I use VPN to get to US server and see if I'm lucky there. After a super laggy game, the trophy popped even it was a lose. So I conclude the solution is that you get at least 5 wins on any server and if the trophy glitches, go to another server and finish one game. Wish you guys get the trophy soon.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Ive tried this with both vpn and being invited to Asian,american, South american servers it has not popped for me at all. Ive won 5 matches in a row different game modes.. Still no trophy.. This is a pain dont know what to do... ? ? ? 

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 5/18/2019 at 8:26 AM, A-Rebirth said:

I never said they shouldn't. If I was a big shareholder, CEO or board member I would also rather care about profit. But I'm not... not for activision at least. I'm a gamer and anything that could make my experience better or anything that could be fixed that has impact on the potential trophies I want to achive is within in my interest.

Plus a game with production values to hire star power from Game of Thrones should be able to do something as rudimentary as getting all the trophies right.

I managed to get the trophy on my own.

Did a hotspot from my phone with has a VPN client.

1. Established VPN connection first, then opened game.

2. Played two matches with a connection set to Hong Kong. Lost 2.

3. Closed game. Set new connection to Brazil. Rebooted.

4. Played one match with a connection set to Brazil. Won 1.

5. Closed game. Set new connection to normal, no VPN so I was on local Australian servers.

6. Played one match in my local region. Won 1. Trophy popped.

I don't know if that sequence will work for others but I thought I'd write it here just in case.

Edited by Eraezr

• 2 weeks later...

After numerous tries I finally got the trophy and the platinum. I will describe what I did and hopefully I can help at least one of you. In short I used my PC as a hotspot which I then connected my PS4 to, (I tried my phone, but that didn't seem to work for me) . It might sound techy, but even I can do it. 

1. Get some VPN software, a free one, or a trial for a day will do. Once downloaded basically every VPN asks you what country you want to connect to.  (I tried to then connect numerous times to the PS4 with a LAN cable, but couldn't get a connection to even try to play a game).

2. Since I couldn't connect via LAN I used a hotspot program to broadcast the VPN connection. (Google PC into Hotspot)

3. Start up the VPN and set it to Japan (or any other region if that doesn't work)

4. Start up the hotspot creator, select the VPN connection you want to broadcast to your ps4. This will probably be named after your VPN choice.

5. The hotspot should be set, now for your ps4, go to settings, network, set up a internet connection, wifi, automatic. Select the broadcast from your PC. Fill in the password created by the hotspot and you should have established a connection. (It's probably slow as sh*t so the "test connection" takes a little longer than usual.

6. Fire up IW, play a game, watch the connection being all choppy and see that glorious trophy pop up.

Hope this helps, reply in case you want more information or want me to elaborate. I don't want anyone else to suffer like I did! 

Edited by Donandzone

• 2 weeks later...