Best place to watch anime? Inb4 crunchyroll

UlvenFenrir

I tried crunchyroll, more like cringyroll and its really awful. It doesnt even have one piece or other important animes. Netflix sucks too. Of course there is always the option to buy them on blu ray but id end up paying more total because of tax and shipping than what the actual anime is worth. Any recommendations?

VRV has both funimation and crunchyroll plus a bunch of other stuff you'll never use besides rooster teeth(RWBY!). 

Otherwise you have to do what I do and subscribe to pretty much everything, hulu, Amazon prime, Netflix, vrv(crunchyroll + funimation). 

But if you can't find a single anime you like on crunchyroll, you're a lost cause. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Dav9834 said:

VRV has both funimation and crunchyroll plus a bunch of other stuff you'll never use besides rooster teeth(RWBY!). 

Otherwise you have to do what I do and subscribe to pretty much everything, hulu, Amazon prime, Netflix, vrv(crunchyroll + funimation). 

But if you can't find a single anime you like on crunchyroll, you're a lost cause. 

The issue with crunchyroll is the lack of content in my region. If it doesnt even have the most basic animes like one piece then its simply not worth it. I scrolled through all of it and 95% of their animes ive never heard of.

ill give amazon prime a go once cash rolls in.

40 minutes ago, Dav9834 said:

You'd be surprised how many titles are region gated.

Here, it's pretty much ALL OF THEEEM (seriously, it's like 1/3 of USA's catalog, maybe even less). All shit is blocked, unless it's a hyped mainstream show that did get lucky to be properly licensed, or horrible garbage which was easy to get licensed. There is barely any middle ground. 

Edit: I even went and counted. 380 shows. And believe me, the "easy license" category is damn prevalent. "Over 800+ shows, tee-hee!"

Edited by NetEntity
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, UlvenFenrir said:

The issue with crunchyroll is the lack of content in my region. If it doesnt even have the most basic animes like one piece then its simply not worth it. I scrolled through all of it and 95% of their animes ive never heard of.

I'm in the US so I don't have the same issue but just because you haven't heard of an anime doesn't mean it's not good.  Maybe it's a good chance to look into series you hadn't even considered before, you never know.  I've liked a lot of things that aren't what you call "basic anime" that I hadn't heard of until I tried it

• Like 1

1 hour ago, UlvenFenrir said:

1 hour ago, NetEntity said:

You'd be surprised how many titles are region gated.

Here, it's pretty much ALL OF THEEEM (seriously, it's like 1/3 of USA's catalog, maybe even less). All shit is blocked, unless it's a hyped mainstream show that did get lucky to be properly licensed, or horrible garbage which was easy to get licensed. There is barely any middle ground. 

Edit: I even went and counted. 380 shows. And believe me, the "easy license" category is damn prevalent. "Over 800+ shows, tee-hee!"

I take back what I said then, that's a lot less anime. 

Can a VPN get passed it? 

Then you could just set your IP as a US IP and everything should be available. 

I just torrent them and watch them, then buy the physical copies of the ones I really liked. 

If I did'nt have time to download in the morning and watch I'd watch on my lunch break at work through gogoanime.io or animeshow.tv

I'd like to think even though I am pirating them I am still supporting them by buying the phisical copies so it evens it all out ?

23 minutes ago, Dav9834 said:

I take back what I said then, that's a lot less anime. 

Can a VPN get passed it? 

Then you could just set your IP as a US IP and everything should be available. 

Using VPN for this is aganist the law, and if (well, rather "when") they'll catch you, they'll block your arse. So nope.

26 minutes ago, NetEntity said:

Using VPN for this is aganist the law, and if (well, rather "when") they'll catch you, they'll block your arse. So nope.

So are the recommendations like kissanime. And no they're not going to block anyone, never heard of anyone getting blocked from a streaming site,  unless you outright tell them. 

At least they're still getting money vs other methods 

Ya I just switched to Germany and it worked fine, though I do get an unknown error for Japan. Should be noted I'm using my phone. Computer would probably work fine 

Edited by Dav9834

24 minutes ago, NaseemJohn said:

Kissanime is the best place to watch anime In my opinion. There’s basically every anime on there both sub and dub. It’s also free so that’s always good

Speaking of, little off topic, because I can't seem to find a non bootlegged physical copy of the valkyria chronicles anime(which I loved and probably watched a dozen times) is there any great places to watch it? It used to be on crackle, but at some point they got rid of it :(. 

I actually would much prefer a physical copy, but the ones that look legitimate are not subbed :(

I want my valkyria chronicles back!! :'(

5 hours ago, UlvenFenrir said:

It doesnt even have one piece or other important animes.

Hbum3Ak.png

Mhhh?
still, this service is trash. Don't use it. All the good stuff goes to US users (and a few other countries) and the rest of the world gets nothing because Funimation.
I ended up downloading Shinmai Maou No Testament uncensored because these stupids can't afford get the "premium" version (or even the OVAs), that's how they call uncensored versions.

Even worse, when you go and express your discontent, they ignore you and put all their attention in those weebs who suck CR's otaku dick on twitter saying how they love X anime in the CR catalog.

If you want to try it anyway despite all my "kind words", use these guest passes:

http://www.crunchyroll.com/guest_pass?code=TZLZVTQPLCD

http://www.crunchyroll.com/guest_pass?code=KVXNH69V9FP

I forgot to say:

your best bet are torrents. They will take time and space in some device, but you will have quality at least.

Edited by Katt

2 hours ago, sephirothdude said:

Any plans for a prime app for ps4? 

There's already one in the U.S.

I don't know if that helps you though, but that means there's hope there will be one for your territory! 

Could make a U.S. Account! 

2 hours ago, nyonmyan said:

People who stream anime are figuratively worse than Hitler.

Because hitler never had the internet? 

I don't understand why you even posted in here

• 5 months later...

I use crunchyroll, because 5$ per month is worth it for me.

The region lock is amazing tbh. The only really good shows I can watch here in germany are boruto, mob psycho 100, and gintama (tho i greatly enjoyed clean freak aoyama!)

When I was in Sweden I saw Haikyuu (all seasons), kuruko no basket, hero academia (new season!), one punch man, .... so many more. But sweden has good liscnece laws.

I am keeping crunchyroll for now, because it's not a lot of money for getting to watch anime from my ps4.

netflix is great for some anime, but only if you also enjoy non-anime series.

amazon prime, at least here, is a joke anime-wise. I have it because of student discounts and non-anime stuff, but otherwise i wouldn't spend a penny on it. the anime offer is sooo bad, and most of it is only available dubbed (and german anime dubs suck so much)

In germany, they also released a service recently called Wakanim.tv  which is similar to crunchyroll. You also have the option to pay 1€ per episode or 5€ per month, (second is obviously a smarter choice). I just saw they have persona 5 animation so I miiiiiight just give it a go. I think it's available in other countries too.

Other than that I go to kissanime for everything else, but I'm usually too lazy since I can use the other services from the ps4 and don't have to connect my laptop manually to the TV.

Torrenting is nearly impossible in germany and DVDs/BluRays are terrible overpriced for animes (or series in general tbh). Not ready to pay 30-40€ for a season of animes that keep me entertained maybe for 4-5 hours. Also I don't nessecarily need to own animes.

Deep Web for me. :) I don't do torrenting though...

I did trial watching anime on both Crunchyroll and Netflix. Crunchyroll was ok, the catalog wasn't all that complete and the subbing quality was questionable on some animes but it was alright considering the price. I decided to drop it because of the lag and constant stuttering during the streaming. Really, the internet in my country sucks so I'm not sure why I even tried in the first place. Netflix catalog was worst than Crunchyroll in terms of variety at the time I tested it. I watched a couple of shows and didn't see anything wrong with the subs. I eventually dropped it as well due to the quality of my connection.

DVDs/BluRays don't exist here... There is also zero risk of being blocked here.

• 2 weeks later...

I agree that Crunchyroll's catalogue is a joke for certain countries. I'm lucky living in Quebec grants me the right to chose between the US servers and the European one, so yeah, I know how barebone it looks overseas compared to the NA continent. At least it did when I first joined years back. For some reason I never went and looked again XD.

Kissanime is definitely the go to for anime, though they have lost a great deal of my attention since their need to have me choose pictures inbetween every episode. I mean I understand the need to verify, but if I have already done it once, could you at the very least let me binge watch in peace for that evening? Has any of you found a way to override this?

Other than that, Netflix Canada has a few gems available, but they tend to be of the older variety. Prime, from what I gathered is a joke for us Canadians and I refuse to pay 70$ for 2 or so series per year. 

I usually use gogoanime.io if I forget to torrent the morning before work. In saying that I also always buy the physical copies of the anime that I like when it gets released, still adds up though at $60 for regular release and usually $100-$120 limited edition copies.

I just wish Madman would bring back the card boxsets, might be $30 per volume but the actual boxsets looked amazing.

Edit: oops doublepost didnt realise I already replied last year saying the same thing ?

Edited by sh4d0wzcs