The Doomsday Heist DLC trophy thoughts

XmodE_7

RE: requirements to start the Doomsday Heist - you can be either CEO, VIP or MC leader. VIP option is the cheapest since all you need is $50,000 to register as a VIP through the SecuroServ Menu. 

@Sergen Congrats on 100%! No idea how you managed to get through CM without progress resetting but well done in any case. 

• Like 1

Just now, Riglio_93 said:

question: complete the heists with 2 players, I start with 3 players and I die what happens, do I have to redo with 2 players?

No, you keep any challenge you have completed, if it was all 3 runs with no deaths whatsoever then I’d say it’s the biggest bullshit trophy to ever exist. 

So ignoring Elite Challenges, which facility would you get if you wanted to go through all the Acts the fastest? I know the Land Act Resevoir is closest to the city which is where most of the heists happen, but it's also not next to a major highway. That's why I am leaning towards Sandy Shores or possibly Grand Senora. Can someone give me some input?

Edited by Partik24

51 minutes ago, Partik24 said:

So ignoring Elite Challenges, which facility would you get if you wanted to go through all the Acts the fastest? I know the Land Act Resevoir is closest to the city which is where most of the heists happen, but it's also not next to a major highway. That's why I am leaning towards Sandy Shores or possibly Grand Senora. Can someone give me some input?

I would go with one of the following: Sandy Shores, Grand Senora or Wind Farm.

The Sandy Shores Facility ($2.7M) is best for Elite Challenges since it's well-placed for heading to the first checkpoints in the finales for Acts I & III. It's also next to 2 airfields & a highway, though quite North up the map.

The Grand Senora Facility ($2.5M) is also placed well and a few $100,000 cheaper than Sandy Shores. An advantage of this facility is its proximity to the Sandy Shores Airfield if you use air vehicles a lot, and it's more central than Sandy Shores too.

The Wind Farm Facility ($1.8M) is a great all-rounder: well-placed for the Acts I & III Elite Challenges and close to both Los Santos and a highway. It's also cheaper so great if you're on more of a budget. I used this for the Elite Challenge and found beating the target times no problem.

The best Facility for Act II's Elite Challenge is the Paleto Bay Facility ($1.25M). I don't advise purchasing this one though since you can beat the Elite Challenge for Act II from one of the previously suggested Facilities. It's also about as North in the map as you can get but the cheapest Facility you can buy.

Edited by Jiwan01
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, stupid0089 said:

i can't buy any

You need to be a specific rank on the game to get a lot of snacks/body armour. In a GTA Series Videos guide, I saw that they recommend being at least Rank 135 to get the previous Criminal Mastermind to utilise snacks, but I doubt that's the rank you truly need to get enough consumables in the game.  

Edited by Sergen

Sorry Sergen but you didnt do this legit. I joke ? congrats don't worry about the idiots. Also is this all doable with only 2 players. I have literally no interest in trying to find a group of 4 players on this game. Its all squeakers and people who have slept with my mom supposedly. 

Edited by SirPigFace

15 hours ago, Jiwan01 said:

I would go with one of the following: Sandy Shores, Grand Senora or Wind Farm.

The Sandy Shores Facility ($2.7M) is best for Elite Challenges since it's well-placed for heading to the first checkpoints in the finales for Acts I & III. It's also next to 2 airfields & a highway, though quite North up the map.

The Grand Senora Facility ($2.5M) is also placed well and a few $100,000 cheaper than Sandy Shores. An advantage of this facility is its proximity to the Sandy Shores Airfield if you use air vehicles a lot, and it's more central than Sandy Shores too.

The Wind Farm Facility ($1.8M) is a great all-rounder: well-placed for the Acts I & III Elite Challenges and close to both Los Santos and a highway. It's also cheaper so great if you're on more of a budget. I used this for the Elite Challenge and found beating the target times no problem.

Thank you! I bought the Wind Farm Facility because I liked the location and it is next to my bunker. And stupid as I was, I bought upgrades for it. Looks like I can keep it :)

Quick question which I don't think has been answered yet (I quickly scanned through the posts): I noticed that, in Act I, each setup mission can be started as soon as its particular prep mission is completed. With that in mind, to complete these missions in order as stipulated, does it go like:

Prep A - Setup A - Prep B - Setup B - Prep C - Setup C etc. - Finale?

Or, could you do it like this:

Prep A - Prep B - Prep C - Setup A - Setup B - Setup C - Finale?

1 hour ago, SarcalogosVermis said:

Quick question which I don't think has been answered yet (I quickly scanned through the posts): I noticed that, in Act I, each setup mission can be started as soon as its particular prep mission is completed. With that in mind, to complete these missions in order as stipulated, does it go like:

Prep A - Setup A - Prep B - Setup B - Prep C - Setup C etc. - Finale?

Or, could you do it like this:

Prep A - Prep B - Prep C - Setup A - Setup B - Setup C - Finale?

we did prep a > prep b > prep c > setup a > setup b > setup c > finale with no problems on criminal mastermind so this order is ok..the advantage of this order is that you can do all public lobby stuff then switch to an invite only session for the rest of the act (highly recommended) before switching back to public for the preps in the following act...

1 hour ago, Facas said:

You can do all preparations and then the setups

20 minutes ago, ProfBambam55 said:

we did prep a > prep b > prep c > setup a > setup b > setup c > finale with no problems on criminal mastermind so this order is ok..the advantage of this order is that you can do all public lobby stuff then switch to an invite only session for the rest of the act (highly recommended) before switching back to public for the preps in the following act...

Fantastic, thank you both. I was hoping that'd be the case.

Wow so surprise to see a lot looking forward to the Criminal Masterminds trophies... once you realise that it is bugged, to be specific after all your effort you get the message that you have failed the challenge - you may think of taking back all that love for the new trophies.  On Playstationtrophies.org there is a discussion there how some players have failed the challenge even if they did not do anything to fail it.  The game randomly fails a player or half of the team while others still keep their progress.  No one knows what triggers this other than the fact that it is a bug.  So yeah hallelujah! /sarcasm ends

Edited by eispan71

39 minutes ago, eispan71 said:

Wow so surprise to see a lot looking forward to the Criminal Masterminds trophies... once you realise that it is bugged, to be specific after all your effort you get the message that you have failed the challenge - you may think of taking back all that love for the new trophies.  On Playstationtrophies.org there is a discussion there how some players have failed the challenge even if they did not do anything to fail it.  The game randomly fails a player or half of the team while others still keep their progress.  No one knows what triggers this other than the fact that it is a bug.  So yeah hallelujah! /sarcasm ends

I've posted a solution in a separate thread...not sure it works for everyone but worked in our case...would appreciate confirmation from others...and yes, we were victims of the random reset bug on a dozen attempts or so...it was a bit frustrating but was still having fun though so I guess this just comes down to personal attitude, evolution, philosophy, opinion, etc...i will eventually share some strategies for each specific mission when I have a more in depth knowledge of how they all work...

side note: I've also tweeted @rockstar support and filled out a support ticket...not much else we can do but voice our discontent to them...i doubt complaining on these or .org's forums will do much but I could be wrong...

Edited by ProfBambam55
  • Like 1

The original mastermind on the former heists had the exact same issue. Many belive that is related to connectivity issues. But like the previous C.M. it will be fixed.

Or like profbambam said it also might be related to the massive traffic on the servers.

12 hours ago, ProfBambam55 said:

I've also tweeted @rockstar support and filled out a support ticket...not much else we can do but voice our discontent to them...i doubt complaining on these or .org's forums will do much but I could be wrong...

About talking about this in other forums... I do agree that will not do anything to convince Rockstar to fix this.  I mean they don't do anything on bugs/problems vented out on their official support forums.  Those stooges in there are just there to try to deflect the frustration NOT to solve it - especially when it comes to TROPHY bugs.  Think the Run Like The Wind trophy on the PS3 and some other trophy bugs... heck I'd even go as far as GTAIV's AWP trophy (resets your 100% completion in-game) and that one went totally unpatched... I HOPE this time they would but I'm not keeping my hopes high.  BUT when it comes to money exploits (which I don't do by the way) or the Karuma patch for the Pacific Standard Job Finale for example - they'll patch it up.

BTT on this bug discussion in other forums including ours here, it's a good avenue to have a discussion with fellow gamers who experience the same problems.  At least we get to listen to each other.  It doesn't solve the problem BUT sometimes you get a solution by someone in the forums who may have found a fix.  

Here's a Rockstar response from someone at another trophy guide forum (edited in case they want their privacy respected):

Hello S*****_R*****_*6,

Thank you for contacting Rockstar Support.

We sincerely apologize for any difficulties you are experiencing with the Criminal Mastermind Challenge. We realize this challenge can be quite tough but we assure you it is achievable without the purchase of Shark Cards. While support is unable to provide exact tips, there are numerous guides online to help with the completion of this challenge.

If you would like to provide feedback or ideas for GTA Online, please write directly to our developers at [email protected].

Although we cannot guarantee a response from this address, the Development Team reviews submissions and appreciates feedback from the Community.

Please let us know if you have any additional questions, comments or concerns.

Best Regards,

K******* Q. 

Rockstar Support

Ermmm some reply we got there... like I have said, stooges.  Their job is mainly just to take in the "complaints" and/or suggestion but at the end of the day it's the game devs who will have to decide if they feel half-a***d to do them or not.  I've read quite a lot of ridiculous/very-inconsiderate/meaningless responses from R* Support.  (Unofficial R*) Forums are much better to vent out your frustrations TBH.

Edited by eispan71

6 hours ago, eispan71 said:

About talking about this in other forums... I do agree that will not do anything to convince Rockstar to fix this.  I mean they don't do anything on bugs/problems vented out on their official support forums.  Those stooges in there are just there to try to deflect the frustration NOT to solve it - especially when it comes to TROPHY bugs.  Think the Run Like The Wind trophy on the PS3 and some other trophy bugs... heck I'd even go as far as GTAIV's AWP trophy (resets your 100% completion in-game) and that one went totally unpatched... I HOPE this time they would but I'm not keeping my hopes high.  BUT when it comes to money exploits (which I don't do by the way) or the Karuma patch for the Pacific Standard Job Finale for example - they'll patch it up.

BTT on this bug discussion in other forums including ours here, it's a good avenue to have a discussion with fellow gamers who experience the same problems.  At least we get to listen to each other.  It doesn't solve the problem BUT sometimes you get a solution by someone in the forums who may have found a fix.  

Here's a Rockstar response from someone at another trophy guide forum (edited in case they want their privacy respected):

Ermmm some reply we got there... like I have said, stooges.  Their job is mainly just to take in the "complaints" and/or suggestion but at the end of the day it's the game devs who will have to decide if they feel half-a***d to do them or not.  I've read quite a lot of ridiculous/very-inconsiderate/meaningless responses from R* Support.  (Unofficial R*) Forums are much better to vent out your frustrations TBH.

the point I was trying to make is if a person can put effort into posting complaints on a thread why not direct that energy towards the dev insted?...at least then we have let them know there is an issue with their product...to me,  whining on forums is a negative action (and quite lazy in a sense) and shows that these people wish to have a problem fixed...why not be proactive and positive?...if complaining makes some sleep better at night, great...but how is the dev supposed to know the scale of the problem if only a handful of us let them know there is one in the first place?...

unlike run like the wind, this seems to definitely be a bug and not sure what you mean about awp but kind of irrelevant...it's easy to say "it's r*'s fault" and focus on other potential problems they have avoiding fixing but the reality is historically they've been working their a$$es off to keep us all happy with things like quality content, countless bug fixes (including a patch that fixed rank problems and made the gta iv plat obtainable to this day) and keeping hackers from ruining the game for other players (and yes, this one likely motivated by profit - they are a business after all), etc...

the simple version of what I see:

"I found a bug...this sucks...r* is a $hitty dev...how could they do this to us?...they always do stuff like this"...all in an unrelated forum...so why not flip that to : "anyone else having issues with this...yes?...let's let the dev know what is happening and see if they'd be willing to  fix it"...which do you think is more likely to succeed?...i mean we're all looking for a bug fix here, no?...is it really any surprise that half-a$$ed complaints are met by half-a$$ed responses?... 

I see a good opportunity for us to band together and try to have it fixed so let's do it...you can submit a request ticket here :

https://support.rockstargames.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

as far as I'm concerned, in business, a handful of people complaining can be brushed off as "crazies"...100 can be brushed off with acknowledgment...1000 starts to merit some thought as to a fix...10 000 causes a serious guilt trip if not fixed...yes, the numbers are fictional but we can only get to 10 000 one voice at a time...it's not about how the dev responds to our emails it's about giving them numbers to consider in hopes of getting a fix...we all have a chance to do our part now...vent your frustrations all you want but please also consider giving the community a helping hand by contacting r* directly...the above link is a great place to start making a difference...

Edited by ProfBambam55
  • Like 1

If it was like the first heist trophies, nice! But unfortunately it has turned into microtransaction hell -_-

Also, criminal mastermind + elite challenges with 2,3 and 4 people, who wants to play the same fkin thing for 50+ hours? Wth -_- It's already boring to grind to get the money.