New DLC, One trophy more

isma_gmr18

28 minutes ago, ThatMuttGuy said:

KF2 has DLC pretty consistently every few months. It's not like it was a shocker compared to the Conan Exiles DLC. 

Sure, they do, but they’ve been doing this for more than 4 years, that is already exceptional, and more than what 98% of games do, at some point, you gotta cut up your losses, if your interest, as a company, is people buying skins and other MTXs like they stated, adding every 3 months  a trophy/achievement about shooting 10 collectibles in an area will do nothing, outside of a person re-downloading the game, open youtube on the phone, and then check a guide there, after that, game deleted again,   they also have no reason to add said trophies when they release a new area/content, trophy hunters are those interested in trophies, not the common user, adding a trophy every 3 months, for more than 4 years, does not bode well for your  future product, you’re saying “hey guys, if you care about trophies, you better not sell off the game after a few years!  What’s that? You’re interested into completing games? Well gee, I hope you’ll forever have enough GBs for KF2, and KF3 once it’s released”, you’re basically adding something that only trophy hunters/achievement hunters care, at a rate that will piss off  a good percentage of said category of customers, and why? They don’t even get money off this, it won’t help them  at all, it’s much better to put your efforts towards KF3 and think of new ways to attract customers.

1 hour ago, sXe_SiC_ said:

FYI: Beta is already live on PC. So next event/patch/trophy coming in ~4weeks

Yes, in another tweet I saw the option to fill in a survey. Since the new achievements are allready known that's another confirmation.

I can't wait anyway. I like that they keep supporting the game. They did the same for the original game. Apparently it works for the developer (regular on sale + MTX).

5 hours ago, SirShavesALot said:

It looks like the Steam Achievements have already been posted and most likely we'll just be getting one for collectibles.  There are 3 listed for the new map, but none of them involve the new mode and they have never added the other ones for difficulties.  They're not too creative when it comes to trophies.  1f61c.png

xTN0ApC.png

This^

The most we'll get is the collectible trophy, then the game can be shelved until the Halloween event when the third Content drop of the year arrives.

18 hours ago, APCGrayLocked said:

Ehm, no. They continue to support the game because it's still played as now, simply. They don't add new maps because of trophy hunters. The trophy hunters (luckily) are the last of their thoughts. And they put new trophies because the trophies are mandatory since 2009 and since then, only a small percentage (like 5%) of games and DLCs are without trophies/achievements (on Steam there are more, but Steam is PC-side. We talk about Console-side here). It's fun to see how the trophy hunters complains about something that is free, just because "shit, i must re-download this game once again for 3 more trophies".

Well, that’s perspective, you laugh at people lamenting free content, I can’t help but imagine the guy with glasses, balding head  and mouth open in your response, so that’s a sane exchange of laughter we have.

Regardless, new  content, free or not, does not equal good.

Trophies being mandatory is only for the base game, there’s tons of updates like the ones Tripwire does (much more than the 5% you assumed, to be precise) or even DLCs  you need to pay that don’t add any, that they still decide to add trophies 4 years from now, means they actually give a shit about this sub-category of customers, which brings me back to how it’s a poor business decision, neither the trophy hunters, nor the people more interested  in the complaints of trophy hunters  rather than the actual game, will be a driving force in Microtransactions, I don’t need after all, the super custom gun to shoot 10 items, but some will be even alienated by the time Killing Floor 3 releases, because not everyone have the urge to consume a new product  when it’s free, some just want to move on, especially after they’ve been doing this song and dance for 4 years,  by all means, add new areas if you think it’ll keep the game alive, I’m extremely doubtful about it  but still, adding these type of trophies it’s a net loss with no additional gain to be had, something  that Tripwire should do, would be to start working  on KF3 and cut up their losses.

2 hours ago, scemopagliaccioh said:

Well, that’s perspective, you laugh at people lamenting free content, I can’t help but imagine the guy with glasses, balding head  and mouth open in your response, so that’s a sane exchange of laughter we have.

Regardless, new content, free or not, does not equal good.

Trophies being mandatory is only for the base game, there are tons of updates like the one's Tripwire does (much more than the 5% you assumed, to be precise) or even DLCs you need to pay that don’t add any. Still, they decide to add trophies 4 years from now, this means they actually give a shit about this sub-category of customers, which brings me back to how it’s a poor business decision. Neither the trophy hunters nor the people more interested in the complaints of trophy hunters rather than the actual game will be a driving force in Microtransactions. I don’t need the super custom gun to shoot 10 items after all, but some will be even alienated by the time Killing Floor 3 releases, because not everyone have the urge to consume a new product when it’s free. Some just want to move on, especially after they’ve been doing this song and dance for 4 years. And by all means, if you think adding new areas will keep the game alive, I’m extremely doubtful about it. But still, adding these type of trophies it’s a net loss with no additional gain to be had, something that Tripwire should do, would be to start working on KF3 and cut up their losses.

"I can’t help but imagine the guy with glasses, balding head and mouth open"

insulting me in a childish way will not render your opinion more valid.

"new content, free or not, does not equal to good"

never talk about the quality of the contents. don't put words in my mouth.

"Neither the hunters nor the people will be a driving force in microtransactions"

Indeed, the people that play the game every day are the main force of micros.

"Some just want to move on"

I repeat: you are not obliged to do those trophies. If you want to do 100% completion, it's your problem, not a problem of Tripwire or the gamers that still play the game. Battlefield: Bad Company is still played today and that game has 10+ years on his shoulders. If you want to do all of the online trophies, it's your problem, not a problem of the gamers that play the game legit still or EA.

"if you think adding new areas"

There aren't just new areas, there are new modes, new weekly challenges, etc. In reality, the console version of Killing Floor 2 is a bit different from the PC version (and anyone who has played or is playing the game on PC, will confirm it) so it's normal that you don't see anything with every update, asides the new map, a new trophy, and this "trophy hunter urge" to download the game again to unlock that trophy and re-gain 100%.

"something Tripwire should do"

Ehm, Tripwire decides what is best for business, not you. And you can't say that "adding those maps" is a net loss, because, you know, you don't work there and you can't access their financial records. So avoid making calculations in the pocket of others. That's silly.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, APCGrayLocked said:

"I can’t help but imagine the guy with glasses, balding head and mouth open"

insulting me in a childish way will not render your opinion more valid.

"new content, free or not, does not equal to good"

never talk about the quality of the contents. don't put words in my mouth.

"Neither the hunters nor the people will be a driving force in microtransactions"

Indeed, the people that play the game every day are the main force of micros.

"Some just want to move on"

I repeat: you are not obliged to do those trophies. If you want to do 100% completion, it's your problem, not a problem of Tripwire or the gamers that still play the game. Battlefield: Bad Company is still played today and that game has 10+ years on his shoulders. If you want to do all of the online trophies, it's your problem, not a problem of the gamers that play the game legit still or EA.

"if you think adding new areas"

There aren't just new areas, there are new modes, new weekly challenges, etc. In reality, the console version of Killing Floor 2 is a bit different from the PC version (and anyone who has played or is playing the game on PC, will confirm it) so it's normal that you don't see anything with every update, asides the new map, a new trophy, and this "trophy hunter urge" to download the game again to unlock that trophy and re-gain 100%.

"something Tripwire should do"

Ehm, Tripwire decides what is best for business, not you. And you can't say that "adding those maps" is a net loss, because, you know, you don't work there and you can't access their financial records. So avoid making calculations in the pocket of others. That's silly.

1)Don’t bring up the childish part.

You brought up your personal experience of Killing Floor 2 as an universal rule, and mocked mine because it was different, you couldn’t pretend that I took you seriously after that

2) No, you didn’t talk about the quality of the content, but you still had to come  alongside the other guy and make a wall of text  to defend this shitty game, after my message that I was lamenting that they still after 4 fucking years added trophies into, guess what, a trophy hunting forum, which you’ll find, for  some mysterious reasons, people interested in trophies, but you just had the itch to defend the fucking company, even if my first message was at best, a one liner.

3)  Which are not connected in any way, shape or form  to the trophies they add, yes, I’m aware.

4) It’s called cost sunk fallacy after 4 years of re-opening this game,  if you don’t like  seeing a negative opinion, how about you don’t read this thread, or do you have a cost sunk fallacy on a fucking thread?

5) They are updates, just that, it’s not downloadable content, because once you download the game  you already have everything, nothing else that you need to download, the games that add trophies on  updates are VERY few,  and they stop at a certain point, much much earlier than 4 years

Also, maybe you should tell Tripwire about the new modes, not me, as they still add stuff for collectibles

6) Is this for real? I run a company and I can clearly tell you, you don’t need to be a wizard to know how stuff goes,  the people interested into MTXs, there is no connection  between them, and Tripwire adding trophies into these new modes, which only leaves trophy hunters, no earnings, only potential losses in people being pissed off they cannot either sell  the physical game, or continuously downloading those  50 GBs, to delete it 3 minutes later,   It jeopardise potential sales for KF3, which as small as a number you’d predict, is still higher than the earnings they get from adding trophies, it’s a waste of time for both the devs, and the idiots that started the game, like me, unfortunately.

Also, do you work on every single company you maintain stocks on the stock market? Of course not, so why the hell do you bring up working there? Working there, as a what? Code monkey? As if they knew hahaha. God, so many fallacies in this.

Edited by scemopagliaccioh

7 hours ago, scemopagliaccioh said:

You brought up your personal experience of Killing Floor 2 as a universal rule and mocked mine because it was different, you couldn’t pretend that I took you seriously after that.

Wrong. I've just said why the Devs continue to support the game. Never talk about my personal experience. Try again.

No, you didn’t talk about the quality of the content, but you still had to come alongside the other guy and make a wall of text to defend this shitty game, after my message that I was lamenting that they still after 4 fucking years added trophies into, guess what, a trophy hunting forum, which you’ll find, for some mysterious reasons, people interested in trophies, but you just had the itch to defend the fucking company, even if my first message was at best a one-liner.

"to defend this shitty game" that is not shitty, but if you have this type of consideration for the game, why you've played it in the first place?

"I just have the itch to defend the fucking company" ah... so explaining why a developer wants to still support the game is "defending them"? Interesting, pal.

If you don’t like seeing a negative opinion, how about you don’t read this thread or do you have a cost sunk fallacy on a fucking thread?

Don't act like a child, Scemo. And avoid using continuously vulgar terms. They aren't good for your image.

They are updates, just that, it’s not downloadable content, because once you download the game you already have everything, nothing else that you need to download, the games that add trophies on updates are VERY few, and they stop at a certain point, much much earlier than 4 years. Also, maybe you should tell Tripwire about the new modes, not me, as they still add stuff for collectibles.

Wrong again. There are other games with the trophies added as an update. But regardless of this, if they want to still support the game after 4 years, it's not your business. Again, I repeat: you are not obliged to do the trophies. You can simply return after 10 years and grab all the trophies in one go or simply leave the game Platinumed but no Completed. Geez, you are so obsessed sometimes.

I run a company and I can clearly tell you, you don’t need to be a wizard to know how stuff goes, the people interested in MTXs, there is no connection between them, and Tripwire adding trophies into these new modes, which only leaves trophy hunters, no earnings, only potential losses in people being pissed off they cannot either sell the physical game or continuously downloading those 50 GBs, to delete it 3 minutes later, It jeopardizes potential sales for KF3, which as small as a number you’d predict, is still higher than the earnings they get from adding trophies, it’s a waste of time for both the devs and the idiots that started the game, like me, unfortunately.

Sorry but I don't believe you. Because if you really would run a company, you would support a game that is still played after 4 years, and not just to get some money, but to increase the loyalty. Again you talk about the trophy hunters, but trophy hunters are the 0,1% of the thoughts of almost every Dev (asides Ratalaika, that care about you because easy plat = easy money).

"people pissed off because they cannot sell the game or re-download the game" not all the people sell their games and the "downloading thing"... really? Do you really use the "downloading" as a point, when everyone knows that in Europe and the USA, the connections are stellar? Pfff.

"it jeopardizes potential sales for KF3" NOPE. The player base that still plays KF2, will go to KF3 when it will come out. New customers will go directly to KF3. So, potential sales wasted where? :)

For the last part, don't even answer you.

I for once NEVER complain about new FREE content in the games I have played in the past. Adding trophies to them for me just gives me an extra excuse to go back. If I don't fancy the game I can always skip on it or visit in down the line when I have more mood for it.

No a days it's so hard to make everyone happy as ppl tend to have all kind of different opinions. I can clearly see that these updates are not for you, but for me they are great. So i'm pretty sure the developers have myself and other ppl like me in mind when putting out these updates. A developer that still keep supporting a game to this extension should be praised rather than being criticized IMO since it's not so many that does this. Usually it's get it out, support it for the next 6-12 months and move on to the next project. There are clearly a big playerbase to this game since they decide to continue supporting it and those ppl gonna recommend it to other ppl based on the love, passion and support the dev team puts into it.

• Like 2

I use to have 100% trophies with the platinum obtained and now my % keeps getting lower since the game developers keep releasing DLC trophies so 77% with the platinum now but oh well, at least I have the platinum and I can’t be arsed to keep going back to getting 100% trophies on this game again since I know they are gonna add more and more DLC trophies. 

Edited by BrettyBoy

3 hours ago, APCGrayLocked said:

1) I know why the devs are still supporting the game, they said it themselves in interviews, they’re trying to squeeze in extra cash with MTXs before KF3, which brings me  to point out, it’s a bad business model adding these trophies,  because it has no effect on MTXs, and only attracts  a sub category of people interested in trophies,  of which, several will be wary after what they did with KF2, cue in “Oemmeggie cannot believe people are hating new content to consume, you  guys are so funny!!!” and other imbecilities.

2) Because nowhere was I expecting they’d add pointless  trophies 4 years down the line.

You also did no explaining, you just assumed they were making a buck for the decision to add trophies, even though you admit that  they don’t care about trophy hunters, after I pointed out that there is no connection between the two,  only to have you back down, and put up a pseudo-scientifical method over the logical one, treating the code monkeys that put trophies, to have some esoteric knowledge that would explain the connection between  shooting 10 collectibles  just one time, and buying skins.

3) There are other games, but they stopped long before 4 years, and didn’t add 15 trophy updates

4) How downright embarrassing.

So, let me dissect, you don’t believe I run a company, because I don’t have some kind of loyalty  to another company the other hemisphere of the Earth? Huh? Oh, oh I get it, it’s some Deus ex shit, right? You think all companies are a secret cabal that help each other, riiight.

Trophy hunters being 1/1,000 is just an estimation of yours, but even if it were 1/1,000,000 that would not change, because adding the trophy in this case has no other usefulness.

5) Stellar connections are a complete lie that costed Google greatly with their Stadia, especially Europe, where the infrastructure and roads are more centered towards older lifestyles,  at least compared to America, you know what, I think that your knowledge of infrastructure is on par with  running a company, nevermind

6) That would be for the best, if you don’t know something, nobody is forcing you to talk about it.

@Hell on Earth mode, you can cheese it with Berserker, while listening to a podcast, rather than having your eyes on teo monitors.

On 6.6.2021 at 6:11 AM, APCGrayLocked said:

Ehm, no. They continue to support the game because it's still played as now, simply. They don't add new maps because of trophy hunters. The trophy hunters (luckily) are the last of their thoughts. And they put new trophies because the trophies are mandatory since 2009 and since then, only a small percentage (like 5%) of games and DLCs are without trophies/achievements (on Steam there are more, but Steam is PC-side. We talk about Console-side here). It's fun to see how the trophy hunters complains about something that is free, just because "shit, i must re-download this game once again for 3 more trophies".

The thing is you can't make those trophy hunters happy.  paid dlc with trophies == they are mad, free dlc trophies == they are mad. 

Some people have to change their behaviour for gaming. Nobody forces to you to install the game "every 3 month" except your OCD which is a different thing for some people. If the person know there will be trophies coming every 3 month. Why are you deleting it? Or if a game isn't fun for you. Why are you playing it? I will never understand this.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ShadyWARcotix said:

The thing is you can't make those trophy hunters happy. paid DLC with trophies == they are mad, free DLC trophies == they are mad. 

Some people have to change their behavior for gaming. Nobody forces you to install the game "every 3 months" except your OCD which is a different thing for some people. If the person knows there will be trophies coming every 3 months. Why are you deleting it? Or if a game isn't fun for you. Why are you playing it? I will never understand this.

Yeah, i know that. And, indeed, they must change their behavior, and it's for this that i always try to make them understand.

1 hour ago, KenpachiDaniel said:

Having fun while being a trophy hunter? I can't imagine how this is possible

It's possible. I always had fun when i was an Active Hunter. Now that I'm retired, I'm having fun more than ever.

6 hours ago, Fugl7 said:

I for once NEVER complain about new FREE content in the games I have played in the past. Adding trophies to them for me just gives me an extra excuse to go back. If I don't fancy the game I can always skip on it or visit in down the line when I have more mood for it.

Nowadays it's so hard to make everyone happy as ppl tend to have all kinds of different opinions. I can clearly see that these updates are not for you, but for me they are great. So i'm pretty sure the developers have myself and other ppl like me in mind when putting out these updates. A developer that still keep supporting a game to this extension should be praised rather than being criticized IMO since it's not so many that does this. Usually it's get it out, support it for the next 6-12 months and move on to the next project. There is clearly a big player base to this game since they decide to continue supporting it and those ppl gonna recommend it to other ppl based on the love, passion, and support the dev team puts into it.

Give-this-man-sfuvbw.jpg

Edited by APCGrayLocked

13 hours ago, BestUsername---- said:

Imagine the shitstorm if they added the Hell on Earth and Hard Mode achievements as trophies. 

I wouldnt mind completing new map on hard. It was nice change of pace when they did that endless hard trohy. 

Havent managed to do Hell on Earth without glitching. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Kavatus said:

I wouldnt mind completing new map on hard. It was nice change of pace when they did that endless hard trohy. 

Havent managed to do Hell on Earth without glitching. 

I also enjoyed the Hard mode trophy, like I said on a previous post, I think it's the ideal way to play Killing Floor 2 on consoles. Wish they did more with it.

25 minutes ago, BestUsername---- said:

I also enjoyed the Hard mode trophy, like I said on a previous post, I think it's the ideal way to play Killing Floor 2 on consoles. Wish they did more with it.

Maybe if all of us ask them to add the hard mode trophy in each update (with the collectible one, i mean), maybe they will do it.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, APCGrayLocked said:

Maybe if all of us ask them to add the hard mode trophy in each update (with the collectible one, i mean), maybe they will do it.

Maybe, but let's be honest here we'll be the minority vote and trophies are probably not their main concern.

To be quite honest, I'm more indifferent on what they add as trophies, whether its the collectables or hard trophies I'll jump back in the game cause I enjoy it. 

You know I'm just imagining Tripwire on this thread waiting for their last update, just to hit everyone with a Prestige 3 Level 25 trophy.

• Like 1