The Last Movie You Saw?

Mio

I watched a film called Pernicious last night. It's some American/Thai horror. It was pretty good actually, pretty gory in a couple of parts. The story was simple but there was a nice twist maybe halfway through that really made me sit up and go "OK, wow. Wasn't expecting that!" My first time getting to watch Ciara Hanna and she is absolutely stunning. Will definitely look out for any other movies she may be in.. Hope they make a sequel, I think the first was good enough to warrant another.

Here you go, found this on IMDB:

Three young, beautiful girls arrive in Thailand to teach English for the summer, some with noble intentions and some just wanting an adventure, but none were prepared for the massacre that awaited them. The nightmare begins when their new friends go missing, vivid bloody dreams haunt their sleep and a stolen statue leads them down a dark path into Thai folklore and magic that has been long forgotten. Their situation continues to become worse once they realize it's not WHAT that is haunting them but WHO: an eight-year girl, brutally murdered and sacrificed by her family decades ago who wants nothing more than to watch them bleed. This is not a story about redemption. This is not a story about good versus evil. This is not a story about the will to survive. This is a story about Vanida - a child viciously tortured by her own family, who will stop at nothing for revenge - one appendage at a time.

f5ac21cd0ef1b88e9848571aeb53551a_500x735

Guys: go watch this movie. It's so damn good. It's my personal top pick for Christian Bale's best performance in any movie, period. He plays a wealthy investment broker in the 1980's named Patrick Bateman who loses his sanity and starts to kill off others. It's a social commentary on the 80's culture of materialism, narcissism, and greed, as well as a well done black comedy, despite the sadistic nature of Bateman's actions. My only gripe is that there's just not enough of it, as it only has a running time of 101 minutes. Yet, even though I yearned for more, I was thoroughly satisfied, and then some. I just didn't laugh at it really as much as I should, because it was 3:30 in the morning when I saw it. But, I'm going to watch it again in two days time so that I can be more sane while viewing it once more. 

• Like 2

Jaws

f5ac21cd0ef1b88e9848571aeb53551a_500x735

Guys: go watch this movie. It's so damn good. It's my personal top pick for Christian Bale's best performance in any movie, period. He plays a wealthy investment broker in the 1980's named Patrick Bateman who loses his sanity and starts to kill off others. It's a social commentary on the 80's culture of materialism, narcissism, and greed, as well as a well done black comedy, despite the sadistic nature of Bateman's actions. My only gripe is that there's just not enough of it, as it only has a running time of 101 minutes. Yet, even though I yearned for more, I was thoroughly satisfied, and then some. I just didn't laugh at it really as much as I should, because it was 3:30 in the morning when I saw it. But, I'm going to watch it again in two days time so that I can be more sane while viewing it once more. 

I agree, great movie and great book too

50 shades of what a waste of time  :rolleyes: 

Oh god ;-; you poor soul. 

I don't plan on watching that movie tbh, doesn't look really good. Annnnd I've watched almost every Twilight movie (and liked them and I think that's bad enough) lol. 

So were you forced to watch it? 

Oh god ;-; you poor soul. 

I don't plan on watching that movie tbh, doesn't look really good. Annnnd I've watched almost every Twilight movie (and liked them and I think that's bad enough) lol. 

So were you forced to watch it? 

Yup haha ! My boyfriend wanted to see it (He is the romantic in the couple haha!) , I was kinda curious also ;)

Never watched any Twilight, but I don't hate romance movie or romantic comedies from time to time. ... But 50 shades, nothing happen, really boring !

• Like 1