The Last Movie You Saw?

Mio

On 5/4/2019 at 2:14 AM, Rusty2366 said:

I saw Avengers: Endgame with Sir-Syzygy. I liked it a lot more than he did, but I still thought it was a massive disapointment overall. 

I just saw this the other day.  I loved the first Avengers and Infinity War.  I rewatched almost every film preparing for Infinity War last year, and even knowing what was coming, I was surprised a few times.  This film, however, while mostly enjoyable, left me massively disappointed as well.  I couldn't have said it any better than you did.  I don't get the other comments about it beign better than Infinity War.  Infinity War was like the first Matrix, it was so good.  We all knew none of the deaths were permanent.  But while this film resolved it, it went in directions it didn't need to and left so many unanswered questions.  I have a hard time believing it was written by the same people and shot at the same time as IW.  It's a completely different film and while IW hit on all right notes at the right time (action, humor, drama), this film missed the mark on almost every single one of them and left me feeling hollow.  I really wish they hadn't tried to outsmart time travel, it just didn't work in the end and could have been done so much simpler.  Oh well, I guess there's always the next 21 movie arc, right? Nope... :(

It hasn't been a full month yet, but there have been a lot of movies...

Ghost (1990) 4.5 Stars, Hellraiser II: Hellbound (1988) 3.5 Stars, Conspiracy Theory (1997) 3.5 Stars, Predator (1987) 3.5 Stars, Planet of the Apes (2001) 3.5 Stars, The Karate Kid (1984) 3.5 Stars, Sometimes They Come Back (1991) 3 Stars, The Stepford Wives (2004) 3.5 Stars, M*A*S*H* (1970) 4 Stars, Rollerball (1975) 4 Stars, Tremors (1990) 3.5 Stars, Poolhall Junkies (2002) 4 Stars, What Dreams May Come (1998) 5 Stars, Escape from New York (1981) 4 Stars, Robocop 2 (1990) 3.5 Stars, Shaft (2000) 3.5 Stars, Exorcist II: The Heretic (1977) 3 Stars, AvP: Alien vs. Predator (2004) 4 Stars, Death Wish (1974) 4 Stars, The Karate Kid, Part II (1986) 4 Stars, Cowboys and Aliens (2011) 3.5 Stars, Under the Rainbow (1981) 3.5 Stars, S1m0ne (2002) 4 Stars, The Man Who Shot Liberty Valence (1962) 4 Stars, Green Lantern (2011) 3.5 Stars, Cocoon (1985) 4 Stars, Gamera vs. Barugon (1966) 2.5 Stars and Hellraiser III: Hell on Earth (1992) 3.5 Stars

Ghost (1990 movie poster).jpgHellbound hellraiser ii ver2.jpgConspiracy theory poster.jpgPredator Movie.jpgPlanet of the Apes (2001) poster.jpgKarate kid.jpgPoster of the movie Sometimes They Come Back.jpgStepford wives ver2.jpgMASHfilmposter.jpgRollerballPoster.jpgTremorsposter.jpgPoolhall Junkies.jpgWhatdreamsposter.jpegEscapefromNYposter.jpgRobo2poster.pngShaft (2000 movie poster).jpgExorcist2poster.jpgAvpmovie.jpgDeath wish movie poster.jpgKarate kid part II.jpgA man wearing a metal bracelet glowing a blue light on his left wrist, with a revolver in his right hand. To the left, a woman aiming a revolver. To the right, an older man wielding a revolver. In the background, a large metal object over a desert landscape. Above is shown "FIRST CONTACT. LAST STAND." Below them are the names of Harrison Ford, Daniel Craig, and Olivia Wilde above the title "COWBOYS & ALIENS", film credits, and theatrical release date.Under-the-rainbow poster.jpgS1m0ne.jpgThe Man Who Shot Liberty Valance.jpgGreen Lantern poster.jpgCocoonposter.jpgGamera vs barugon poster.gifHellraiser III.png

Edited by PSXtreme_
  • Like 1

On 17/05/2019 at 3:52 AM, ShonenCat said:

Pokémon Detective Pikachu

2556d0n.jpg

Last movie I saw in theaters before this was Rampage. Seems like only video game adaptations and anime make me shell out for a movie ticket xD

Recommended ? And Worth the ticket price ?

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Sigma999 said:

Recommended ? And Worth the ticket price ?

Ryan Reynolds totally carried the entire movie and I found the human characters to be rather boring, but I left that theater feeling more happy than angry. A decent adaptation I would say ^^

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, Terra said:

Realistic drawing of a brown eye, with four fingers grabbing the bottom lid from inside.

An ok film with some good elements in it but all around it was just an OK movie.  I had a good time watching it.

Watch the original Hong Kong version. Wayyyyy better film.

And last one I watched: Schizophrenic: The Whore Mangler

A movie I doubt very (if any of ya all,) would watch. Z-Grade and un-pc as you can possibly get...

Edited by xthedestroyer666