The Last Movie You Saw?

Mio

tumblr_pj5ehlnCia1r2zmajo1_1280.jpg

thumb-15485150999956_600x883.png

Captain Marvel - Below average, boring, expected better for an origin story of a character outed as "the most powerful superhero in the MCU". 4/10

Polar - Absolute fucking schlock, tries to be weird for no reason, but honestly I'd be lying if I said I didn't had fun watching this. Mads Mikkelsen is a badass, the action is actually good, and the random shit that happens can be funny. 5/10

Edited by Crzy Minus

I saw The First Purge and it was pretty wank.

I thought I was in for a really interesting film where they would explore what actually happened with the first purge and how that lead on to the other films, but no, I just got the same story as the last two. Boring.

Related image

5/10 - Average

I kept an open mind with this film and I still wasn't massively impressed. I thought the beginning and ending portions of the film were good but everything in between was overall boring. Unlike Alita: Battle Angel, the film did not have me captivated from start to finish. She did not give off the impression of being the "most powerful character in the MCU" in this film either. However, I read somewhere that the movie did not cover the entire scope of what she is fully capable of so maybe things can change in Avengers: End Game and she can truly convince me of being the strongest. For positives, all the visual effects in the film are fantastic and most of the jokes hit. Oh and Goose stole the show!

But yeah, she feels like a last minute toss in for the next Avengers film with a meh origin story. Still super hyped for End Game though!

Edited by Shinobi

Wreckitralphposter.jpegRalph_Breaks_the_Internet_(2018_film_pos

My brother came up for the week and hadn't seen either of these movies, so we rented both. The first one is still as good as the first time I saw it. It's a great way to do video game movies (it's not trying to be a movie about video games, it's trying to be a movie that happens to have video game things in it). It's not really a movie I can talk about without sounding stupid.

The sequel is something different. Although I still think it's a good movie (not as good as the first, but still good), I can't really recommend it to anyone right off the bat. You have to really be into internet/Youtube culture to find a lot of the jokes funny. Honest talk, a two of the jokes would have flown over my head a few months ago since I just found out about the things they were referencing. It's straight up, a movie ABOUT the internet, but still holds up pretty well. If I had one big problem with it would be that it feels more like a Disney movie then the first one does

If I had to give scores, 8.5/10 for the first, 7.5 for the sequel. Pretty sure you'll like both movies if you're apart of this site.