The Last Movie You Saw?

Mio

I am rewatching terminator movies. 

I was going to skip the first one, but it is actually good.  It's really a high budget horror movie.  The acting wasn't great, but still a good movie.

T2 was lost the horror aspect but was a story driven action flick.  I watched the complete movie (with deleted scenes).  Although the deleted scenes filled in the story, I think it is a much better movie without them.  The alternate ending was crap.  Deleted movies aside, very good movie.  Ironic main story line too (assassinator robot learning to value human life).

T3 was just an action movie. The story and development (characters etc) was poor, and so many plot holes/logical failures.  The humor was childish and detracting.  John Connor's casting was a big disappointment.  It is a necessary movie to push the story line, but I wish it were done well.

4/5 await.

Back to Terminator:

T4 was certainly an improvement on 3 (production quality at least), but barely filled in or added anything to the franchise story.  While their was a few things that it continued on from 3, it mostly ignored it.  They took on a franchise but decided to tell their own story, and establish their own main character, basically robbing the Terminator name for publicity.  Kyle Reece casting was a joke.  Kate Connor was supposed to a great leader, but she has no real part.  And after ~15 years, they only about to have their first child?

T5 was a mess.  It was all over the place.  The story was at best confusing.  Instead of trying to tell a good story, they thought that make all kinds of jumps and twists could make up for the ghastly story. It was chalk full of inconsistencies, like how enemies react to gunfire etc, and the abortion of a story.  Sara Connor has her own termanator? Why?  Just accept it!  Why don't people know how to tell a story anymore?  They have to put their own take no it regardless of what has already been lain.  Just continue the story, adding to before!  3-5 are abominations.  Bring back the original creators! or let the franchise RIP.  The story has been jacked up too much to fix.

Instead of having intellectually satisfying fight scenes, why does Hollywood always have the super villain always toss the protagonist around? E.g. a terminator is supposed to be an effective killing machine, but he plays with his kill like a cat!  Ridiculous!

edit: Please quit with the forced and unamusing franchise cliches.  Let them die too! (the humor in 3 and 5 are just childish and the mood is not like 1 or 2)

Edited by dmsleight

I saw 'Nocturnal Animals' the other day at my local independent cinema, with this and 'Arrival' Amy Adams is quickly becoming one of my favourite actresses. She's killing it right now.

'Arrival' is by far my favourite film of the year so far though, make sure you watch it.

Edited by Vulrien
  • Like 2