The Last Movie You Saw?

Mio

enc0490494209t4845-620x330.jpg

How did I sleep on this movie?

Excellent music, more energy than eating a box of coffee powder disolved in a can of Monster, a story that is not the same as virtually every other movie made these days, an original premise, treating the audience like people with brains who don't need everything spelled out for them (yes, that's kinda a pet peeve of mine), telling a story without a human villain - Encanto just rushed the list to become my favorite animated Disney movie.

Nevermind how their acquisition Marvel is doing, or the unnecessary live action remakes, their animated main movies are at their peak. Though I have not yet seen Strange World, which reportedly falls short of their recent streak. But Encanto is a tough act to follow.

Edited by shadaik
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, deerdovah said:

spacer.png

Guy Ritchie's The Covenant

R  2023 · War · 2h 3m

Wow, I loved this. It's actually like pulling teeth to get me to sit down long enough to watch a movie, but this grabbed me from the beginning and I managed to watch it in bits and pieces during a very hectic day while getting other stuff done haha.  It was goooood. Streamed on Amazon Prime.

I really liked the movie goes different paths , action packed and the chemistry between characters is great.

• Like 1

White_House_Down_poster_with_billing_blo

White House Down (9/10)

Capitol officer John Cale and President James Sawyer team up against a paramilitary group. This is hardly an original concept (think Die Hard in Washington, but PG-13) but it was one hell of a ride. Even at 2:11, it didn't seem to drag on. WHD is a close second to the somewhat similar Olympus Has Fallen.

Spoiler

One of my favorite lines in the movie is from President James Sawyer (Jamie Foxx) : "Get this trash off my lawn!"

• Like 1

This week's watches

Rewatches:
The Expendables 2 (2012) 8/10

Open Range (2003) 9/10

In Bruges (2008) 10/10

The Machine (2023) 8/10

1st Time Watches
The Creator (2023) (8/10)
Under the Banner of Heaven (2022) 8/10

Shiva Baby (2020) 8/10

The Retirement Plan (2023) 7/10

Running with the Devil (2019) 5/10

• Like 1

some movies I've seen in the last several months

2023 movies:

Gran Turismo - huge surprise, I don't care about cars, never played GT, but the movie kept me engaged when the cars were on screen, the human part was a weaker point

No Hard Feelings - cool little movie, a type of movie that you don't see much of these days

Barbie - waste of time if it wasn't for Ryan, it's worth seeying once for his work

Guardians of the Galaxy 3 - better than 2, a little worse than 1, solid superhero movie overall

older movies:

Oblivion - amazing movie, one of the best alien invasion movies, Tom kills it

War of the Worlds - weird alien movie, doesn't really survive the test of time

Dracula Untold - awesome spectacle to just relax to

Driver - one of the great displays of Ryan, but overall the movie is a little weaker than what you would think

The Other Guys - fun movie, you don't see this type of movies these days, and maybe there's a reason for it

• Like 4

On 10/6/2023 at 10:54 AM, ShinigamiSensei- said:

spacer.png

An entertaining and almost wordless sci-fi thriller where a young woman fights back against an alien invasion in a film that works best when keeping it simple, but sadly fails with a baffling third act.

While not flawless in execution, it's daringly creative and overall a pretty fun movie.

I watched the film yesterday and i think its amazing the little details the movie has, its really straight to the point and its a little deeper in the end, i didnt expect that third act to be so different, not in a good or bad way, but just different, i love the alien design and sound effects are outstanding, and i love it keeps you in the edge of the seat during the whole movie

• Like 1

spacer.png

Watched this on the Sony core thing they just put out, one of the few movies from the ps premium catalog on there I was interested in.

I’d say this was probably the fifth time I’ve watched this over the years. I remember the first time I watched it, it didn’t really click for me.

Then I worked as a taxi driver briefly so maybe that gave the film a bit of relatability for me.

Either way over the years I’ve come to

appreciate this movie more and more and now I would say it is one of my favourites. Definitely recommend it to anyone who hasn’t seen it yet.

• Like 3