The Last Movie You Saw?

Mio

27 minutes ago, JAK-KRIEG said:

Frozen with my niece, I can't remember the last movie I watched for me, so to speak. The problem is I've completely lost interest in movies I very much prefer tv shows. I can't even remember when or what I last watched in the cinema, I hate going there absolutely horrible always some idiot being noisy or talking.

kind on topic, but i went to see the recent Indiana Jones movie at cinema, and some gals and guys arrived at the movie, they were ok at first, but suddenly when the movie started, for some reason they started doing many loud jokes and not talking, but rather yelling, so the other people start to tell them to be quiet/shut up, to which one of them screams "COME ON YOU SHADAP!!! THE MOVIE HAS SUBTITLES!!", there was a brief silence after that phrase, and then they just kept quiet. 

indiana Jones 2023 is not a good movie as a whole.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Don_Chipotle said:

kind on topic, but i went to see the recent Indiana Jones movie at cinema, and some gals and guys arrived at the movie, they were ok at first, but suddenly when the movie started, for some reason they started doing many loud jokes and not talking, but rather yelling, so the other people start to tell them to be quiet/shut up, to which one of them screams "COME ON YOU SHADAP!!! THE MOVIE HAS SUBTITLES!!", there was a brief silence after that phrase, and then they just kept quiet. 

indiana Jones 2023 is not a good movie as a whole.

Yup doesn't surprise me sadly. Back in like 1998, yes I'm an old fecker I watched titanic with my gf back then, a mother had brought her 3 children and were reading all the subtitles in Danish out loud I was mildly shocked I wanted to punch her in the throat, but you can't do that sadly. I think it would have shut her children up though.

MV5BNDdlY2E3Y2UtNTQ0ZC00ZTgyLTlmYjAtNDI4YTM4YmFkODhjXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNTQ1OTQyODc@._V1_FMjpg_UX1000_.jpg

I had a video on this recommended to me which is how I found out about it. I didn't watch said video but since it had "trench" in the name and a gas mask character in the thumbnail I was kind of hoping it would have taken place in World War I but instead it's the sequel to World War I. Either way, I wasn't really disappointed. It's about a trench in World War II that has a viral outbreak although the squad of Allied soldiers don't know about it right away. It's not long but I thought it a good enough watch for what it is. If anything for some reason it made me wish someone competent made a movie that was like Return to Castle Wolfenstein.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, El Duderino said:

After so much utter trash Hollywood has been shitting out recently

I could name 30 good and great 2022 Hollywood movies and at least 10 good 2023 movies out now, and another 10 or 15 highly antecipated ones. Of course most of them weren't made by the Majors, but there's more to Hollywood than just the big studios.

But hey, if you can't be bothered to discover new things, I won't be bothered to name anything either.

Generalizations spread ignorance.

3 hours ago, LastMinuteSavior said:

[...]but there's more to Hollywood than just the big studios.

I highly disagree. Hollywood = Warner, Sony, Universal, Disney, and Paramount. The other studios are in their own little bubble.

The only movies of them from the past four years I'd give a positive rating were "The Northman" and "Top Gun Maverick". On the other hand we have dog shit like "Indiana Jones 5", generic nonsense like "Fast X", or abysmal real-life adaptations like "The Little Mermaid". In fact, Disney hasn't released a single good movie since "Endgame". And even this film has some major flaws. "Star Wars" has been completely destroyed. Superhero movies are dead. And Hollywood in general has been in a steep decline for years now. Remember 2019 when the South Korean gem "Parasite" became the first non English-language film to win the Academy Award for Best Picture? Why watch utter trash like "Taken 3" if Indonesia showed the world with the two excellent "The Raid" movies how it's done right? Hollywood went completely tits up and its downfall is more entertaining that anything they produced in a very long time. 🤣

By the way, I didn't ask you (or anyone else) for recommendations. You're barking at the wrong tree here, sunshine. :facepalm: Please refrain from replying. I'm not interested in your thoughts. Thanks.

Edited by Stevieboy

4 hours ago, El Duderino said:

By the way, I didn't ask you (or anyone else) for recommendations. You're barking at the wrong tree here, sunshine. :facepalm: Please refrain from replying. I'm not interested in your thoughts. Thanks.

I didn't give you any recommendations.

You posted something that isn't true and I contradicted you.

For someone who doesn't care, you sure wrote a very long reply, which I couldn't take seriously after reading the nonsensical first sentence.

Also, public forum.

Don't want replies? Don't post.

But hey, enjoy your Alien Anthology, we all know those are all great movies. 😂

Edited by LastMinuteSavior

6 hours ago, sillyrobo75 said:

220px-Spider-Man-_Across_the_Spider-Vers

I watched Spider-Man: Across the Spider-Verse, great sequel, even at 140 minutes it never felt like it was too long, or that it overstayed its welcome, I enjoyed every minute of it. The characters are fun, I quite liked the themes, also it never felt preachy or moralistic, which in the hands of bad writers it could have been, and I loved its heartwarming moments. Overall one of my favorite superhero movies.

My only complain is that going into this I knew that there would be a 3rd movie, but I did not know this one would end on a cliffhanger, it might be on me, but I really don't like when movies do that. Even so, I can't wait to watch the next one.

I cant understand the critiques about "being perfect, but with some filler moments out of place", its not filler since they always keep developing the characters and their feelings as group, and as individuals keep evolving, i dont understand why they think this breaks the rythm of the story, thats why people love the miles morales movies because the characters have amazing chemistry and they are well written, and yeah, you can relate with everyone in a way or another, and having these scenes its key to know what problems everyone has; miles dad has his job issues, his brothers problem, and well, being a father, you need to tell the audience in a good flowed way why to care, and this movie does it well, as a sons of anarchy fan its a common complain about the fillers once in a while, but its fun, and it helps to care about every single character, and thats nt easy after so many seasons.

This movie wasn't high on my priority list, but it was brought to the big screen this week, so I didn't want to miss the chance to see it.

Ring (1998)

spacer.png

The film wasn't very scary, more like stress-inducing and unsettling, which I don't mind. It wasn't even showing a lot of stuff that's often associated with horrors like blood, shadows, etc. Let alone jumpscares and screamers. Most of the shots are filled with ordinary, or even beautiful scenery. But despite that, you never feel comfortable. Showing the date is enough to keep you feeling uneasy.

Dialogue is the main storytelling tool here, for sure. A conversation between the main characters often ends with a new portion of exposition. That said, I thought that some "show, don't tell" parts weren't delivered perfectly either. Regardless, they still get their job done.

The most appealing part, and likely the reason this film achieved the cult status, is how the story leans into urban legends, or rather pulls the best from them. Any one of us can see themselves watching a weird VHS tape and getting an equally weird phone call. And then the fact that many people watched the movie itself on a VHS must've helped too.

The music reminded me of Silent Hill (the game) and Parasite Eve a lot. Not surprising, since it's pretty much the same release timeframe. I liked the vibe it gave.

Overall, I liked it, and would go as far as calling it a good pick for a first horror movie for people who haven't delved into the genre.

P.S. I saw they're bringing Oldboy to the big screen this month as well. I believe, it's the 20th anniversary of the film. Another classic I don't want to miss.

Edited by Slava
  • Like 4

Well, technically not the last movies I saw, since I just got them in the mail a few minutes ago. But since I like to post self-taken pictures I thought this would do. And they will be watched next, anyway.

The movies:

• Enter the Dragon (1973)
  • John Wick 1-3 (2014-2019)
  • Friday the 13th (1980)
  • The Hunt for Red October (1989)

"John Wick 4" had also been ordered but won't be released until 15 September.

img_0072hmelv.jpg

Edited by El Duderino
  • Like 2