The Last Movie You Saw?

Mio

Mean_Girls_film_poster.png

Movie holds up for what it is all these years later and I understand the popularity.  The movie was a little sillier than I remember but it still worked.  Shame what happened to Lindsay Lohan (largely self-inflected), she had the makings to be a breakout star.  But it was the “Plastics” who broke out, most notably Rachel McAdams and Amanda Seyfried on to big careers.  Lacey Chabert (“Party of 5”) has done mostly Made-for-TV movies.  I did not remember that Amy Poehler was in it but it makes since as anywhere Tina Fey is, Poehler seems to follow.

7.5/10 

• Like 4

TMNT Mutant mayhem

No spoilers

The movie is great, i love the chemistry between characters, i love its a great balance between adult jokes/kids humor, i love the animation, i think the way they show many characters as not just 100% good or 100% bad or with a moral compass its a great idea, and yeah, its fun, also, great time to arrive to cinemas after Oppenbarbie, but yeah, its great what they did with this version.

I saw "The Wind Rises" at my theater as part of "Ghibli Fest 2023", I've seen all the movies on the lineup so far. Next month is "Howl's Moving Castle" and October is "Spirited Away" and I'll be all done. I've seen all of them in English (except "Spirited Away Live on Stage", which was only available subbed, I saw that one too).

In the meantime, I plan to go see the remastered version of "Coraline", I never did get to see that movie in theaters whatsoever.

Edited by unkind-tear4
  • Like 3

Had a bit of a theme going on with these last few. I was really in the mood for some teen/romcom films all of a sudden.

Anyways, these were all as great as I remember. I especially love Easy A, mostly down to Emma Stone who's just super enjoyable in it.

Easy A (2010)

spacer.png

The Girl Next Door (2004)

spacer.png

The Spectacular Now (2013)

spacer.png

• Like 2

Frozen with my niece, I can't remember the last movie I watched for me, so to speak. The problem is I've completely lost interest in movies I very much prefer tv shows. I can't even remember when or what I last watched in the cinema, I hate going there absolutely horrible always some idiot being noisy or talking.