The Last Movie You Saw?

Mio

10 hours ago, kinnyman said:

Halloween-Ends-Poster.jpg?strip=all&loss

Meant to watch this.  Forgot about it.  After finally seeing it, wish i had forgotten about it.  It’s bad.  Sometime around the hour mark this movie remembers it’s the conclusion of Michael Myers’ tale and not an after-school  special.  This is like a teen romance drama got spliced with a horror flick with some slopped together nonsense for the conclusion.  Nothing makes sense here.  The only satisfying part was the beginning because good riddance to that little asshole.   3/10

When this movie came out it got destroyed by everyone and everything and pulled from cinemas, and when a halloween movie is worse than the second rob zombie halloween film, it means you have done something very wrong.

• Like 1

An Idiot Abroad (2010-2011)

I was genuinely taken aback when I came across this box set on a German auction site earlier this year, along with a couple of Ricky Gervais DVDs. It's quite surprising because this show never actually made its way to Germany, for rather obvious reasons. Karl Pilkington is absolutely unique, even though his strong Mancunian accent can sometimes be quite challenging for me to understand. Nevertheless, it's a treasure trove of pure comedy gold.

20230923_130208nwcvu.jpg

• Like 1

MV5BMjUwOWE2NjItOTAxNy00YTQyLTllYTAtMmQ3NDEzMzhjMzY1XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyOTY0NzE2NTU@._V1_.jpg

This was kind of how I expected Trench 11 to be since it takes place in World War I but the threat isn't really clear what it is until later on. Along with the horrors of war they have to deal with, this movie does pretty good showing just how miserable trench life back then was which is something I think about whenever the weather gets cold and I start shivering slightly (this makes me feel very inconvenienced). It kind of makes me appreciate that all I have to do is put on a blanket or jacket whereas back then soldiers in the trench had to deal with freezing rain, mud, trenchfoot, rats, lice, artillery explosions going on for days, and so on and I thought Deathwatch did pretty well showing some of that along with the psychological aspects of it especially how the main characters start losing their minds after a while with only the main character keeping it together.

Funny enough I didn't realize it was Andy Serkis in the movie until near the end. Kind of funny how between this and Lord of the Rings he was in at least two movies in 2002 where he plays a character that loses their mind. Although in Deathwatch he's not a deranged goblin man that eats raw (and wriggling) animals. But yeah, I thought it was a pretty solid horror movie. Now I only wish the recent All Quiet on the Western Front wasn't locked down on Netflix because I want to see that but I don't feel like going through the effort of making an account just for that.

I also re-watched Full Metal Jacket again but I already talked about that one.

• Like 3

The Expendables 4 - Wikipedia

Great action film, just packed with action and very basic story, the visual effects are a hit or miss, there aremany CGI compared to the other movies, to the point it becomes sometimes annoying, but when there are action scenes or hand to hand combat its just pure rampage. Good movie for going with many friends and gaze and wonder all the stuff over the top.

• Like 3

The Expendables (2010)

After watching the Critical Drinker's review of the terrible fourth movie, it jogged my memory that I still haven't gotten around to check out the first "Expendables" film, which has been gathering dust on my shelf for quite some time.

20230923_1345563xfu9.jpg

Edited by El Duderino
  • Like 4

X-Men Apocalypse

Honestly, probably about the best a movie can do with Apocalypse. No idea why people hated it. Yeah, it's not a cinematic masterpiece, but it's not bad, either. About on par for X-Men movies, really. A lot of stuff is thrown at us really quickly because years of comic books get compressed into just short of three hours, but it works if you jst go with it and don't ask for everything explained in detail like you would for a toddler.

• Like 1

The Man Who Shot Liberty Valance (1962)

I've been a massive fan of Western films for as long as I can remember, and this one is possibly my favorite non-Spaghetti Western. It's a true classic, no doubt about it.

Spoiler

20230923_142423kxi0r.jpg

szjnsrftz6j5s4frzjsfh7mdhe.png

Edited by El Duderino
  • Like 2