GOW: Trophy controversy

G_totheW_EN

from IGN

Sony Changing Controversial Trophy in God of War: Ascension

"Bros Before Hos" becomes "Bros Before Foes".

A minor controversy surrounded God of War: Ascension last week.  As the reviews began to roll out, some commentators expressed dismay at and disappointment with a Silver Trophy in the game, one called Bros Before Hos.  Sony has confirmed to IGN, however, that this Trophy's name will be changed in an upcoming patch.

"We have created and will soon push out a patch for God of War: Ascension that alters the title of one of the game Trophies,” a statement from Sony Santa Monica reads. “The text was offensive to some members of our community and impacted their enjoyment of the game. We are endlessly committed to ensuring that our community can fully enjoy the experiences the team has created. As such, we've addressed the feedback and amended the Trophy in question."

As such, the Trophy will now be known as Bros Before Foes, but will be triggered by the same in-game event.

Such controversy over what I can assume is a basic friendship rule !!!  :lol: 

Yeah same found out about this last night and was disappointed , Its a god of war game & for obvious reasons it says 18+ on the front cover . 

Yet someone complains its outrageous ! Secondly its a secret trophy so only the person who unlocks it is seeing it who's is bothering ?  

• Like 4

Because Kratos banging random women he comes across during the games is perfectly okay, but the word 'hos' is not. 

This + one million.

I mean, seriously, you're playing these games and that's what you choose to get offended by? I cannot possibly express how stupid that is.

• Like 2

I think Adam Sessler was the first one to point it out in his review, which might very well be the reason they're changing the name. It's obviously the act of stomping in a "woman's" face in combination with the trophy's title that he finds offensive and misogynistic. I haven't played the game yet, so I can't really give my opinion on what's going on, according to some people though the title refers to something that happens right after said boss fight, not the face stomping scene.

Here's Sessler's review:

Just shows how stupid society as a whole is. Graphic violence to include buckets of blood, dismemberment, fatalities, screams, etc, no issue. Fairly graphic sexual interaction just shy of showing penetration, no issue. Vague name calling - NOW THATS OFFENSIVE!!!!

I don't know who to laugh at harder; the idiots calling for the change or Sony for caving in to stupid requests in record time.

• Like 4

Still waiting for my copy in the mail from Amazon. The game series itself is immature trust me. I won't spoil it since each game has it's own moments against men, women, and its.  Still Kratos is an equal opportunity offender.  My problem lies with Adam Sessler to be honest. I mean the dude just point blank dropped the score of the game for video hits and get people to make him relevant even though in my mind he's another scummy journalist. This is the guy who got an sick kick of BulletStorm an FPS shooter where you get points for shooting someone in the nuts.  Still Sony still had to change it but it should never  be factor into a review one trophy like Sessler's did. I'm still getting the game since I love the series. 

There were more controversial trophies out there and yes I can name a few if I feel the need.

This is like one of those moments when we're like "Who the fuck cares".

If the trophy name is "offense" omgomgomg goo cryy :holy:  :holy:  :holy: :holy:  :holy:  :holy:  :holy:  :holy:  :holy:  :holy: 

Don't let your child play the game if you don't him to see it or wtv, it's rated M for Mature for a reaosn.

dumb ppl nowadays

smh 

The game may be rated M/18 but the trophy list isn't, you don't need to buy the game to see the trophy list.

BUT it is a "Hidden" trophy; you can't see it unless you earn it.

Besides, I think all this has actually did the opposite of what was intended. I mean EVERYONE WHO GAMES will know about the "controversial "Bros before Hos", where if people didn't make such a big deal, it probably would've flown under the radar.