Backlog Anonymous - The event to end all backloggery (Year 1)

Haha, guess what @Paleblood, only now I read that started games didn't count, so for the completed games, I removed the ones with the story already completed before the event, because they didn't have the platinum at the time. I only left Deadpool, Digimon Story Cyber Sleuth and Tomb Raider, even though I started them before the event, but I didn't have much progression on them at the time (that is, if you don't mind, I could also remove them). Leaving me with 16 completed games and 8 platinums.

Edited by Caju_94

1 hour ago, BENJAM1N_LINUS said:

my backlog is eating me alive and causes me great anxiety :(

Join us. And fight back, seriously.

J

12 minutes ago, Caju_94 said:

Haha, guess what @Paleblood, only now I read that started games didn't count, so for the completed games, I removed the ones with the story already completed (even the ones that didn't have a platinum at the time). I only left Deadpool, Digimon Story Cyber Sleuth and Tomb Raider, even though I started them before the event, but I didn't have much progression on them at the time (that is, if you don't mind, I could also remove them). Leaving me with 16 completed games and 8 platinums.

Leave them. I have started lots of games on my backlog already. As long as the story isn't done you still need to finish them. Of course if you already finished they main story bevor the event there is little sense in gaining points from them.

J

Edited by Paleblood

5 minutes ago, Paleblood said:

Leave them. I have started lots of games on my backlog already. As long as the story isn't done you still need to finish them. Of course if you already finished they main story bevor the event there is little sense in gaining points form them.

J

Yes, that's what I did... I left the ones which story wasn't completed yet. The others which story was already completed ( AC Brotherhood, Dmc and Croixleur Sigma) had no platinum yet, that's why I added them. Now that I changed from Trophy Hunter mode to Normal mode, doesn't make sense keeping them on the event backlog (Looks like I have a smaller backlog compared to others xD)

Edited by Caju_94

4 minutes ago, Caju_94 said:

Yes, that's what I did... I left the ones which story wasn't completed yet. The others which story was already completed ( AC Brotherhood, Dmc and Croixleur Sigma) had no platinum yet, that's why I added them. Now that I changed from Trophy Hunter mode to Normal mode, doesn't make sense keeping them on the event backlog (Looks like I have a smaller backlog compared to others xD)

You can still do the plat though. I however cross games off completely most of the time, cause I know I won't do the plat.

Btw. It's Pale Mode now :awesome:

J

• Like 1

Man, this is hard. PES 2018 for 7 EUR only? No, I must not! There is still FIFA 17 and FIFA 18 unplayed on my backlog!

I think Pale Mode is hard enough for me. I was a bit confused what Caju said about starting a game is -3 points. I own many games I didn't start, yet. So I will only count purchases.

24 minutes ago, Moosbert said:

Man, this is hard. PES 2018 for 7 EUR only? No, I must not! There is still FIFA 17 and FIFA 18 unplayed on my backlog!

I think Pale Mode is hard enough for me. I was a bit confused what Caju said about starting a game is -3 points. I own many games I didn't start, yet. So I will only count purchases.

Sorry I did not made myself clear. What I mean is, I have purchased games that I did not include in my backlog for now. If I would include them all I would have lots of negative points by now. So, even though I purchased them, I will only remove 3 NG points after I start them. :) If I start a game that is in my current event backlog, I won't remove myself 3 NG points.

Did you understand better now? :P

Cheers!

Edited by Caju_94
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, Caju_94 said:

Did you understand better now? :P

Cheers!

Thanks. Now its clear.

I have added my backlog to my original post. Oh man, I think this went out of control.

Edited by Moosbert

I've actually been meaning to clean up my post for a while. I'll do that tonight. Since then, I 100%ed Keep Talking and Nobody Explodes, beat Crash 1, finished the first Hitman in the trilogy, finished MGSV (thank goodness!!) and platted Jak X. Sounds like a lot, but it's 3 months worth. I'm almost finished with LBP 3, nearing the end of Crash 2, and working through Yakuza 5, Mugen Souls Z, and Dark Cloud 2.

• Like 3

Ok, my main post is updated.

Halfway through the year and this is how it's looking for me so far.

14 games off the backlog (deleted and won't go back to them).

5 Platinums

1 Non-platinum 100% (Ultra rare too!)

6 New games purchased and added to the backlog since the beginning of the year (though, I didn't actually purchase them, my brother did, but I count them as the same I suppose. I mean, it's not like I tried to talk him out of them or anything XD). I have lots of short games that won't take long to get to that I may try to clear off with some of my PTO time, but we'll see.

Edited by Beyondthegrave07
  • Like 3

Another quick and dirty one, Finished off Valiant Hearts, pretty charming game and I really enjoyed it. I love learning about history and stuff and WW1 was a war I really hadn't ever learned much about, at least on the fronts in Europe.

That takes me to 17 games done and 5 points. Still plugging away atKingdom Hearts and that should happen sometime soon hopefully.

Have a great week

• Like 1

On ‎06‎.‎07‎.‎2018 at 5:26 PM, Moosbert said:

I have added my backlog to my original post. Oh man, I think this went out of control.

And I thought my backlog was bad enough... Hope you're staying strong with us, you wallet will thank you for it.

On ‎07‎.‎07‎.‎2018 at 2:43 AM, Beyondthegrave07 said:

Ok, my main post is updated.

Well done, great update!

After I've finished Bloodborne for the 14th time ? I will kill off a few shorter games as well.

6 hours ago, Dessane said:

That takes me to 17 games done and 5 points. Still plugging away atKingdom Hearts and that should happen sometime soon hopefully.

Have a great week

Which one? Your almost done with Kingdom Hearts 1 & Re: Chain of Memories (those titles...?). I think those two + Birth by Sleep (:facepalm:) are the worst plats to get from the series. Although I'd exclude KH1 if you wouldn't have to play through it 3 times.

You have a great week too!

J

16 hours ago, Paleblood said:

Which one? Your almost done with Kingdom Hearts 1 & Re: Chain of Memories (those titles...1f644.png). I think those two + Birth by Sleep (:facepalm:) are the worst plats to get from the series. Although I'd exclude KH1 if you wouldn't have to play through it 3 times.

You have a great week too!

J

I actually didn't mind CoM as much as everyone hates it, I've got it prepped with Riku almost max level but have been holding off on it. I'm going to get KH1 as my #50 because it was the first game I ever played on the PS2 way back in the day :) 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Dessane said:

I actually didn't mind CoM as much as everyone hates it, I've got it prepped with Riku almost max level but have been holding off on it. I'm going to get KH1 as my #50 because it was the first game I ever played on the PS2 way back in the day :) 

And here I thought I was the only one! The only real annoying part I thought was leveling, but even that wasn't too terrible. I thought it was by far the easiest plat out of all of them.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ExHaseo said:

And here I thought I was the only one! The only real annoying part I thought was leveling, but even that wasn't too terrible. I thought it was by far the easiest plat out of all of them.

The hardest dificulty was nothing for CoM, Riku's grind was a bit much but overall its a very cruisy plat

I actually didn't mind CoM as much as everyone hates it, I've got it prepped with Riku almost max level but have been holding off on it.

4 hours ago, ExHaseo said:

It's not that it's hard, I just don't like playing the same game 6 times for a trophy. I mean, it's good, but it's not Bloodborne :lol:.

I have to tag @PooPooBlast here now, because everytime I show my unhealthy obsession with Bloodborne, I see him laughing in my mind xD. While dressed as Faith.

I'm going to get KH1 as my #50 because it was the first game I ever played on the PS2 way back in the day :) 

That's wonderful! It wasn't my first game, that was the first Jak and Dexter, but I also played it very early and it was a defining moment for my love of gaming. Nice to see some love for it!

J

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Paleblood said:

It's not that it's hard, I just don't like playing the same game 6 times for a trophy. I mean, it's good, but it's not Bloodborne :lol:.

I have to tag @PooPooBlast here now, because everytime I show my unhealthy obsession with Bloodborne, I see him laughing in my mind xD. While dressed as Faith.

That's wonderful! It wasn't my first game, that was the first Jak and Dexter, but I also played it very early and it was a defining moment for my love of gaming. Nice to see some love for it!

J

Yeah luckily with the PS4 version it was only once through on each character,

KH1 definitely got me into JRPGs, that and FFX were two of my favs back in the day

4 hours ago, Paleblood said:

LOL xD

Like this? 

AKjbCRj.png

Or this? :P

pUXCPMU.jpg

Also guess it's only fair if I reciprocate and tag you every time I mention Mirror's edge :P. Should be fun haha

Edited by PooPooBlast
  • Like 1

just score my first point. The story of "Far Cry 3 Classic" completed. I still have some collectables left for the platinum.

FC3 is still my favority Far Cry title. I like the pacing. You always know what to do next, not too much side stuff to distract you. The story is motivating and Vaas is a cool villain.

original post

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Moosbert said:

just score my first point. The story of "Far Cry 3 Classic" completed. I still have some collectables left for the platinum.

FC3 is still my favority Far Cry title. I like the pacing. You always know what to do next, not too much side stuff to distract you. The story is motivating and Vaas is a cool villain.

original post

Far Cry 3 is an awesome game and like you mentioned briefly, I also like that it's not that big compared to other recent Ubisoft titles. It's open enough to feel open-worldy, but small enough to have a vague idea where you are at all times.

I like that you incorporated your original post in your update, that is a really neat idea! (It also makes it easier for me to check your progress and put you on the top players list, since I am lazy as fuck :ninja:)

Btw, I finished another game, finally. I'll write a little monstority about it later.

J

Edited by Paleblood
  • Like 2

So... I have finally beaten another game, Forgotton Anne. (No, it's not a spelling error, at least not on my end. I'm pretty sure there is no reason for the strange spelling btw.)

Forgotton Anne is a story based puzzle platformer and as such clocks out on the longer side of things with its 7-8 hours of story content.

I had already played it for about 5 hours last month but then I... forgot about it :awesome: HAHA DO YOU GET IT?!!!! HA!

Yes, if you ever meet me in real life you can slap me for that.

Since the game seemingly sold pretty poorly I will introduce you shortly to the setting:

The story follows Anne, a young woman who is known as ''The Enforcer'' in the world this game takes place in. She has a glove called the Arca which is used mainly for puzzle solving but also has story significance.

In the world you play in there are everyday things that have come to life (i.e. a blanket, a pistol, an umbrella, a bulb, a voodoo doll etc...). These are called Forgotlings, things that have been forgotten by their former owner. They are trapped in this realm, but also have the ability to think on their own now.

Every Forgotling craves to go back to their owner, which they will eventually if they work hard enough is what they are promised.

Now your (Anne's) job is to keep the Forgotlings at bay and enforce the rules of the realm on it's citizens. So you are like a police officer for a bunch of weird ass shoes.

The game allows for surprisingly much decision making on the players end. With the afore-mentioned Arca you can ''distill'' Forgotlings, effectively killing them.

This as a game mechanic I really liked. And what the game does with your decisions is another part I felt satisfied with, though I won't get into spoiler territory. The ending was quite strong which is always of big importance for me.

Some clumsiness on the controls apart, I really liked this game. A whacky cast of characters, a unique setting and fantastic voice acting and music.

My main gripe with the story is that you have basically heard it a thousand times before if you're well read and/or watch a bunch of movies. Nonetheless, it's an enjoyable one. The story beats wouldn't be used that often if they didn't work to begin with.

One last sweet thing about this game are the visuals. It looks simply stunning. If you like Ghibli films, you will like this artstyle and what they've done with it.

I'd give the game a 7/10.                                                      Played on Xbox One X

J

Edited by Paleblood
  • Like 2

Making some nice progress. Started the Sly Trilogy and platinumed Sly Cooper 1. Just rolled the credits on Burnout Paradise Remastered, getting my Burnout License and finishing the "story" of the game. With that I currently have 8-3+2=7 NG points.

• Like 1