Backlog Anonymous - The event to end all backloggery (Year 1)

@Paleblood Nice banner!

I've been in the KYC event this month, so I haven't finished anything in a while. Plus, I've been getting into Dark Cloud 2 lately which is a loooong game. After the KYC event, I plan to finish South Park: Fractured but whole and maybe Crash: Warped by the end of August or beginning of September. I might throw some VR love in there too along the way. Who knows?

I've been studying a lot, but I'm still finding time to play away the backlog! :)

• Like 3

This event has helped me get on the games that have been just sitting there for way too long. I'm glad I joined and look forward to continuing in whatever shape or form the event develops into. I come on here almost daily to read what my fellow vanquishers of the backlog are doing ;)

As for myself, Anna is seriously kicking my ass...events just won't spawn, random drain of health/sanity...just standing in one place and waiting for things to happen is beyond boring. But...for the sake of the 100% carrying on...

• Like 2

I am the one who should thank you for such an event.

You somehow are the one member who made me remember strongly that fun comes before trophies and since I had this "mode change" I have been thinking a lot about it.

You are one of my best pals here and believe I will always stick around to this event!

• Like 2

23 hours ago, Paleblood said:

Nice going!

I really liked Life is Strange but also thought first two episodes were boring. Though the second half justifies playing it through.

What did you think of the ending? Did you like it?

The ending was a bit sad, but very satisfying. It's a very logical conclusion of the events.

I also tried the alterative end and let the storm rage, but this felt totally wrong. I don't think that Cloe would be okay with that. I think her logical reaction should have been "Max, wtf are you doing, you stupid b*tch!" instead of "Thanks, everybody dies, but I will always love you"

The new banner gave me a fat grin! I like it very much.

I'm still struggeling what to play next. I could finish the last Dirt 4 events, to get it done. Or I could go on with God of War, but I hate the open-world structure. Maybe I just run through the main story. On the other hand I'm extremely tempted to start Ni no Kuni 2. But this would take me 4 weeks or so to finish. Or Life is strange: before the storm? Hmmm, choices choices. Maybe I should buy something new... ?

• Like 1

I hadn't read the new rules until now. I think I bought some new games, but it was during the Big in Japan sale back in April, I think? Can't remember all the games I bought, but I know I completed/platted a few of them: 

Bought and platted:

Odin Sphere: Liefthrasir

Life is Strange: Before the Storm

LEGO: The Force Awakens

Bought:

Dust: An Elysian Tale

Stardew Valley

Gravity Rush 2 - working on this now

Rogue Galaxy

Beyond Two Souls - PS+ game

Bought these 2 games on Friday:

Don't Starve Mega Edition

Chaos;Child

How many points would that leave me? 

• Like 1

I'm currently deeply regretting my "must get the true ending" rule. To get the last ending in Drakengard 3, I have to get all of the weapons, which essentially requires getting all of the chests up to this point, and a lot of grinding for gold to buy the ones from the shop. I've heard the last branch is also super hard. The game is fun, but it's turning out to be a lot more work than I expected. x_x

• Like 1

10 hours ago, ExHaseo said:

I'm currently deeply regretting my "must get the true ending" rule. To get the last ending in Drakengard 3, I have to get all of the weapons, which essentially requires getting all of the chests up to this point, and a lot of grinding for gold to buy the ones from the shop. I've heard the last branch is also super hard. The game is fun, but it's turning out to be a lot more work than I expected. x_x

I wish I could have gotten it while it was on sale. I've been waiting forever for this game. :(

Hang in there, play something else if it's too much, but I think it's worth it. Yoko Taro stories are great imo and especially the endings!

18 hours ago, Edunstar84 said:

How many points would that leave me? 

I think you'd be at -1 give or take. Still 7 points more than I have currently :awesome:

19 hours ago, Moosbert said:

I'm still struggeling what to play next. I could finish the last Dirt 4 events, to get it done. Or I could go on with God of War, but I hate the open-world structure. Maybe I just run through the main story. On the other hand I'm extremely tempted to start Ni no Kuni 2. But this would take me 4 weeks or so to finish. Or Life is strange: before the storm? Hmmm, choices choices. Maybe I should buy something new... ?

God of War's story is great imo, but you know best when the times comes to play it. Don't just rush through it to complete it, wait till you're in the right mood and enjoy it for what it is. 

Ni No Kuni 2 kinda disappointed me a bit but I'll get into that in my review once I finished it. Good game though. If you're in the Ghibli mood, try it. Maybe it's exactly your jam.

Before the Storm I'm a little torn on. It's not terrible by any means, but it's one of the most unnecessary stories ever told in my book.

J

• Like 2

Had apretty relaxing weekend so used it to knock out some gaming, I ended up finishing off God of War and it definitely lived up to the reputation it had.

The game looks beautiful and the story was very well done, I love mythology so it was cool going through the norse stories. Atreus is a great character and rather than being a burden as you might expect he just feels like a real person and is never an annoyance like some companion NPCs can be. I played on the second to hardest dificulty and while a nice challenge it was not too hard so I was able to enjoy the game. I ended up going around and getting 100% in the whole thing so I obviously really enjoyed it.

End of the story spoiler:

Spoiler

I also loved the reveal of who Artreus is

So that takes me up to 7 points at the moment with 19 games completed for the event. Loving the new banner and thanks for starting this event J, it's nice having a tight group to hear what others are playing

• Like 4

Small update...

completed Anna - Extended Edition and I have to say please please please stay away from this game. The concept is interesting, I will give it that. You play in first person as an archaeology professor that has been having nightmares/dreams of an old abandoned sawmill nestled between two mountains within a forest. Eventually the dreams get so vivid that the professor is compelled to go in search of the sawmill and gets thrust into a psychological nightmare of what is real and what isn't.

This is all well and good, it's a simple point and click game with jump-scare elements. What drags it down is that there is a trophy for completing the game to 100%, while not bad in and of itself (this is a trophy hunting website after all), what hinders this game is that there are 16 supernatural 'events' the player MUST witness for 100% completion. These events can POSSIBLY trigger every 10 - 20 minutes of game time, or a random jump-scare will trigger. This results in endless waiting, reloading, and waiting again, to try and get the event to trigger.

It took my over a week to finish the game because of those dang events, save yourself the headache and avoid the game. Trying to shake off the bad taste it left and diving back into God of War on my day off ;)

• Like 4

@ruffedgz Love the banner.

@Paleblood I will not be beaten in the backlog.

(PS4) Lara Croft and the Temple of Osiris - Completed 30/06/18

(PS4) Riptide GP2 - Completed 16/07/18

(PS3) CONTRAST - Completed 26/07/18

Total of 21 games removed.

I will never finish 90% of my backlog as I have 920 games on there (I counted).

• Like 2

Hi all, it's been a while since I've posted here, mainly because of the reason that my life went to shit (I broke up with my girlfriend after living together for 6 years, rage-quit my job, fell in love with another girl and got my heart broken, been completely broke, almost went to move to another country, found the worst possible job,...) so gaming wasn't really on my mind, however I managed to make some progress so I updated my original post.

I added another 11 games to my backlog ? but in my defense only 2 of them were bought (the others were all free) and 1 of those wasn't even bought by me!

I managed to finish 4 more games in the meanwhile: Hatoful Boyfriend, Batman, Tekken 7 and Tales from the borderlands to bring my total to 6 games removed from the backlog and made some progress in quite alot of other games.

Things are starting to calm down again in my life so I'm picking up where I left off and now I'm ready to tackle that backlog!

• Like 3

22 hours ago, damage_6-9 said:

Unfortunately, I tend to add at least 2 games for every 1 I finish... :facepalm:

Then maybe this isn't the event for you. You're welcome to join anytime but it's exclusively about reducing the backlog, not only playing it sometimes.

21 hours ago, Moosbert said:

I plan to get my “Backlog Slayer“ trophy, ähhhm coin, around 2025.

You don't connect the coins to the new game score? So we can buy as much as we want and still get our coins? 1f914.png

It's designed to be hard. I will probably never get it myself, doesn't hurt to have a long term goal though.

How should I connect it to the new game score, other than finishing games? You shouldn't buy as much as possible since that already is the whole idea of the event that you should be going after anyway... The badges are an additional goodie, not the only thing to care about here.

20 hours ago, Psy-Tychist said:

@Paleblood I will not be beaten in the backlog.

Total of 21 games removed.

I will never finish 90% of my backlog as I have 920 games on there (I counted).

Great update! Yeah I probably won't either but holy shit man, 920 is a lot. I'd say if you have beaten 150 or more games we could negotiate xD.

5 hours ago, BlazzingWind said:

The update is amazing @Paleblood!

Will be fun to try and get them all...though the Xbox one will be tricky as I've never owned one lol

Thanks, took quite a while to organize everything :).

Try to get as many as possible and have fun!

15 hours ago, Fredoline05 said:

Snip

God damn... I was in a pretty similar situation about 3 years ago. I wish you only the best and hope you gain strength from these circumstances in the long run, I certainly have.

And good job on the backlog as well. I will include you as an active member in the op! ;)

Edited by Paleblood
  • Like 1

On 7/25/2018 at 3:45 PM, BlazzingWind said:

Small update...

completed Anna - Extended Edition and I have to say please please please stay away from this game.

I never thought a simple point-and-click would be capable of ruining itself, but then again, developers have this delusion that everybody will love their game and not realize that they are murderers by over achievement by putting in things that, if they had beta-tested this game themselves, would make them regret ever making the game and wishing they could back in time and quickly delete the files before it ever got conceived. :P

While my dream idea for a game that replicates the adventures of Midnight Louie, a detective cat and her human companion who were investigating the mob in Las Vegas, is something really cool in my mind, I am lucky that I am too damn lazy to even get permission from the author to create the script for Midnight Louie: The Anime: The Video Game, which would be a recreation of the books by Carole Douglas Nelson in a high school anime form where Temple Bahr and her romantic interests and friend-enemy Molina are all high school kids and there would be a lot of Sailor Moon hijinx, because I know that if I ever created this game, it would bomb so badly due to me building a nightmare of a trophy list when it comes out for the PS5. And one thing I don't want to be is a murderer of a great book series like this by prostituting it into a really bad slice-of-life/top-down action adventure game. xD

• Like 1

Update: As always when I can't decide between 3 or 4 games, I play something completely different. I browsed through my 1% completion games and started Killzone 2. I completed the campaign this morning. The gap between my 1st and 2nd trophy in this game is 6 years 9 month! Finally I got it off the list!

original post

I already feel this event influence my purchasing behavior. When the current PSN sale started I wanted to buy 5 games, but then I thought 'No, these are -15 points!'. So I striked out 4 titles. Only Vampyr is left on my wishlist. I still didn't buy it, but wanted to finish Killzone 2 first.

I think I have never finished so many games before buying anything new. I joined this event on July 5th. If I wait another week with buying Vampyr, this would be a whole month without buying any game! I never accomplished that in the past 20 years.

• Like 3

I told myself I'd do an update here each week, on sunday evening before turning in. Seeing I just updated yesterday there isn't much to say for this week, but still I managed to finish 1 more game (Fallout Shelter) and brought my total to 7 games kicked off the backlog :)

It was also my 75th platinum trophy so I'm pretty happy about it.

I also made some progress on Fallout 4 (which has been on an E rank on my profile for over a year and a half) and finally got it to a D rank, not sure I'll go all the way to the platinum though, we'll see.

• Like 2

The new badges look awesome @Paleblood! It's great to see what started as a pretty small thread becoming bigger and bigger. It has definitely changed my shopping habits, I haven't bought a new game for ages because of it haha.

Update for what I'm playing, I've been getting really into the swing of Guitar Hero Live since the servers shut down later in the year, I've pretty much got all the hard online trophies (I can still hear Cry of Achilles in my sleep) so now its a decent bit of grinding before the offline clean up. Will definitely get it done before the servers go down. I've also made a bit of progress on Kingdom Hearts 2, I have got through a couple more worlds but am just taking it slowly on this one. Chain of Memories I need about 10 levels on Riku for the plat so I should get to add some points to the board soon.

Hope you all have a great week

• Like 3

New badges are pretty neat! I'm kind of sad to only be able to say I've done 21 games since the event started. I know there were more, but I didn't do a log for the first few months to keep track of what I had done ._.;

Anyway, recently finished up Reaper of Souls, and have started on Final Fantasy III and Prince of Persia Sands of Time HD. My goal right now is to at least beat the story of every game on my PS3 backlog before Kingdom Hearts 3 comes out, and I get another PS4. I keep finding games that I forgot I had though, like I apparently bought the Forgotten Sands at one point. I remember getting the HD bundle, but I legit don't remember buying Forgotten Sands. x.x

Edited by ExHaseo
  • Like 3

Completed God of War and Tales from the Borderlands today.

God of War was visually appealing, though challenging to get through the combat as it moves away from the hack and slash elements of its predecessors and forces the player to learn specific strategies to winning. Unless of course you switch down to easy mode, but even then the Valkyries are still a royal pain in the rear. So glad to have this awesome plat and waiting for the next installment in this new series...also, for those that have played it, that reveal at the end o.o did not see that coming at all but should have expected it.

Tales from the Borderlands on the PS4 was my second go round with this game and I still liked it. I think it is one of the better games Telltale has made, though this is my opinion without having played The Pre-Sequel or Borderlands 2 so I don't know if they got everything correct with the back story of Handsome Jack. But a fun little time waster.

• Like 4