Backlog Anonymous - The event to end all backloggery (Year 1)

7 minutes ago, Paleblood said:

Yes. The gameplay content is pretty repetitive as is, which is not too bad if you're just playing the game. As I mentioned the story is well done. The cast is good, the voice acting was amazing as far as I can remember and the narrative grabbed me hard. I'm a big fan of crime drama, especially in this time frame, especially with racial commentary.

But for the plat you have to play the game twice, while they try to give you stuff to do differently that only ever expands on a few different words spoken by the same characters. Gameplay-wise you will be doing the same thing over, and over and over again. Not kidding.

The best tip I can give is to ignore the side stuff as much as possible and only ever do stuff you need to or feel like doing at that moment.

Do not grind for district completion, it will burn you out fast is all I can say.

Thanks. As always, I'll do a first playthrough without looking at the trophy list and with trophy notifications turned off anyway. Good to know in advance I won't even bother with the platinum, unless I'm going to replay a couple of years from now. There's now a bigger chance I'll play it soon, as I know I'll just do a quick playthrough and be done with it.

• Like 1

I added some PS Plus games to my list. But I will not punish me for adding them. So no negative score for them. I also decided how to handle DLC. I will count each purchased DLC as -1 and each finished one as +1/3 point. I haven't tracked the DLCs on my backlog, so I have no idea what I own. From now on I will note it in my original post.

Currently I'm playing a bit of this and that. No real focus on a single game. I'm in the final events of the Dirt 4 career. But this gets soooooo tedious. Who thought it was a good idea to let players drive 6 times the same race. And this on 5 circuits. This game is work and not fun. But I want to finish this damn thing.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Paleblood said:

Hello there! Finally someone with an Xbox One xD

That is quite a backlog you have there, can't wait for you to add the digital side. I hope you stay motivated and strong with us, have a good time ;)

J

Hey! I know right, I struggle to find people who own an Xbox One on this site/events, so I'm glad to have found someone else who does have one! :D 

I'm definitely going to stay with you lot as it looks like a fun and great event, and well, someone needs to help me save some money and help me actually play my games...eventually ;)

Speaking of Xbox One, have you played the State of Decay series yet? It's definitely a couple of cheap and worthwhile games to pick up and their on the Game Pass, so it's a win-win really!

7 hours ago, Ezio Auditore said:

Fuck me, the day after I decide to rejoin, I find out about the Hitman 2 Collector's Edition.

@AshestoAshes28 way too many great games on your list you haven't finished. Get going!

That Hitman 2 Collector's Edition is AMAZING! But I know what you mean though, I've got 4 games coming out in September that I really want to buy, so I need to get playing some games before I can!

And thanks! I'm excited to get started!

Edited by AshestoAshes28
  • Like 1

Finished the story!

Le02afd.png

You're an astronaut, going to an uninhabited planet. Only you crash-land, and then it turns out the Soviets have already built an establishment on the planet. And that's just the start of your problems...

Let's be honest: Lifeless Planet is a bit rough around the edges, but it's reasonably fun, it's been on sale for under €10 a bunch of times, and it's pretty cool that the development team is basically one guy doing everything except music and voices.

Lifeless Planet is an adventure platformer. It's not amazing, but it's not bad either. I'd say the base price of €20 is too much, but anything under €10 is fine. I bought it in the last sale for €5, for which it's excellent.

1 hour ago, AshestoAshes28 said:

That Hitman 2 Collector's Edition is AMAZING! But I know what you mean though, I've got 4 games coming out in September that I really want to buy, so I need to get playing some games before I can!

And thanks! I'm excited to get started!

I've got Hitman 2, Starlink (the Switch Star Fox version) and Assassin's Creed Odyssey to look forward to. Also Red Dead Redemption II but I might just have to cancel that one as it's getting crowded.

If you ever need help choosing, I've played a fair few titles on your list and several of which I'd classify as must-play, so I'm ready to dish out opinions.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Ezio Auditore said:

I've got Hitman 2, Starlink (the Switch Star Fox version) and Assassin's Creed Odyssey to look forward to. Also Red Dead Redemption II but I might just have to cancel that one as it's getting crowded.

If you ever need help choosing, I've played a fair few titles on your list and several of which I'd classify as must-play, so I'm ready to dish out opinions.

I feel you there, I've got Shadow of the Tomb Raider, Spyro, Moonlighter, The Long Dark and Little Dragon's Cafe among some others :D.

Feel free to hit me with some suggestions! I've nearly finished with The Witcher 3 now so I could do with some ideas/recommendations as to what to start next. 

1 minute ago, AshestoAshes28 said:

I feel you there, I've got Shadow of the Tomb Raider, Spyro, Moonlighter, The Long Dark and Little Dragon's Cafe among some others :D.

Feel free to hit me with some suggestions! I've nearly finished with The Witcher 3 now so I could do with some ideas/recommendations as to what to start next. 

20 hours ago, AshestoAshes28 said:

I'd love to join this event as I definitely have a problem with buying too many games and never actually getting round to playing them, and I feel I could do with some help and motivation in playing them! Plus I've just gotten my first job, so my spending is going to go through the roof if I don't try and slow down now ?!

I'd like to sign up for the Trophy Hunting Mode as you might as well go in big, am I right?! ?

Here's my collection for you; (This is just my physical collection but I have a ton of digital games to add which I'll do tomorrow when I can get on my consoles)

PS3

Hide contents

Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag

Assassin's Creed: Rogue

BEYOND: Two Souls

Wonderbook: Book of Spells

Dead Island

Dead Island: Riptide

Dead Rising 2

Dragon Age: Origins 

Fallout 3 

Fallout New Vegas 

Final Fantasy XIII

Hitman Trilogy

inFamous

inFamous 2

L.A. Noire

LEGO Marvel Super Heroes

Mafia 2 (Including DLC)

Murdered: Soul Suspect

Remember Me

Resident Evil 5

Rune Factory Oceans

Saw

The Sims 3

Tales of Graces F 

Tomb Raider Trilogy

Tomb Raider

The Walking Dead

The Walking Dead Season Two

PS4

Hide contents

7 Days To Die

Alien: Isolation

Assassin's Creed: Unity

Assassin's Creed: Syndicate 

Assassin's Creed: Origins

Borderlands 2

Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel

Bully

Call Of Duty: WWII

Castaway Paradise

Celeste

Claire: Director's Cut

Crash Bandicoot Trilogy

Crossing Souls

Dishonored

Dishonored 2

Dragon Age: Inquisition

Dragon Quest: Builders

Dying Light

Skyrim

The Escapists

The Escapists 2

Everybody's Gone To The Rapture

Fallout 4 (Including DLC)

FarCry 4

FarCry Primal

Final Fantasy XV

Harvest Moon: A Wonderful Life Special Edition

Hitman

Homefront: The Revolution

Horizon: Zero Dawn

How To Survive: Storm Warning Edition

How To Survive 2

inFamous Second Son

Kingdom Hearts 1.5 & 2.5 ReMIX

Kingdom Hearts 2.8 Final Chapter Prologue

Kingdom: New Lands

L.A Cops

Lara Croft GO

The Last Guardian

The Last of Us Remastered

LEGO Dimensions

LEGO Harry Potter Collection

LEGO Jurassic World

Lone Survivor: Director's Cut

Mad Max

Mafia 3

Minecraft

No Mans Sky

The Park

Plague Inc

Persona 5

Prey

Primal

Prison Architect

Resident Evil Collection

Resident Evil 7

Sheltered

Sleeping Dogs

Stardew Valley

Sims 4

Submerged

Symmetry

Terraria

Uncharted Trilogy

Uncharted 4

Uncharted: The Lost Legacy

Vanishing of Ethan Carter

WATCH_DOGS

WATCH_DOGS 2

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

Yonder: The Cloud Catcher Chronicles

PSVR

Hide contents

Arizona Sunshine

Dying: Reborn VR

Gran Turismo Sport

I Expect You To Die

The Inpatient 

Invisible Hours

PlayRoom VR

Rise of the Tomb Raider

XBOX ONE

Hide contents

Aven Colony

Batman: Arkham Knight

Bioshock Collection

Cities: Skylines

Dead Rising 3

Dead Rising 4

The Division

Elex

The Escapists: Walking Dead

Fable 2

Fable 3

Just Cause 3

LEGO Avengers

LEGO Star Wars

Minecraft

Quantum Break

Recore

Sonic Forces

State of Decay: Year One Survival Edition

State of Decay 2

Sunset Overdrive

Tomb Raider

Rise of the Tomb Raider

This War of Mine

NINTENDO SWITCH

Hide contents

Earthlock

Figment

Harvest Moon: Light of Hope

KAMIKO

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

Rayman: Legends

Oxenfree

Potal Knights

Stardew Valley

Super Mario Odyssey

PS3 top3:

Assassin's Creed: Black Flag - not much of an Assassin's Creed game, but the best Pirates Of The Caribbean game you'll ever play.

L.A. Noire - my second pre-order ever (first was Twilight Princess). Two playthroughs on X360, two playthroughs on PS3, and now I've bought it for the Switch. The game is love-it-or-hate-it, and I love it.

The Walking Dead - the sweet spot from when Telltale streamlined interactive fiction, but before they went overboard and stale.

PS4 top3:

Celeste - knuckle hard platforming that does give you a feeling of achievement, decent story and amazing music. One of the best surprise hits for me this year.

Stardew Valley - bought it (on the Switch) without realising how fmuch fun I'd have with it, I expected a few hours of joy betore I'd forget all about it but it's really something else.

Uncharted: The Lost Legacy - easily the best Uncharted game. I thought U4 was decent to very good and I thought the first three games were mediocre games with good presentation.

PSVR top2:

I Expect You To Die - fun escape room game.

Playroom VR - much better than I thought it would be.

You don't seem to have the VR games I consider really excellent though, like Statik or Accounting+.

X1 top3:

Batman: Arkham Knight - great ending to an excellent trilogy.

Just Cause 3- awesome over the top action game with lots to do.

This War Of Mine - depressing The Sims: War Is Hell game that tugs the heart strings very successfully.

Switch top3:

The Legend Of Zelda: Breath Of The Wild - while after discovering Zelda, and RPG adventures in general, with Ocarina, I played many Zelda games; BotW is only the second one I loved.

Rayman Legends - perhaps the best platformer of the last decade. Awesome game, played through it twice on PS4 and rebought it on the Switch.

Oxenfree - the less I say, the less chance I accidentally spoil something. Just go play it.

I also already mentioned Stardew Valley on your PS4 list, and Super Mario Odyssey is very good, though I wouldn't have minded if it had been a bit more difficult overall.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Ezio Auditore said:

PS3 top3:

Assassin's Creed: Black Flag - not much of an Assassin's Creed game, but the best Pirates Of The Caribbean game you'll ever play.

L.A. Noire - my second pre-order ever (first was Twilight Princess). Two playthroughs on X360, two playthroughs on PS3, and now I've bought it for the Switch. The game is love-it-or-hate-it, and I love it.

The Walking Dead - the sweet spot from when Telltale streamlined interactive fiction, but before they went overboard and stale.

PS4 top3:

Celeste - knuckle hard platforming that does give you a feeling of achievement, decent story and amazing music. One of the best surprise hits for me this year.

Stardew Valley - bought it (on the Switch) without realising how fmuch fun I'd have with it, I expected a few hours of joy betore I'd forget all about it but it's really something else.

Uncharted: The Lost Legacy - easily the best Uncharted game. I thought U4 was decent to very good and I thought the first three games were mediocre games with good presentation.

PSVR top2:

I Expect You To Die - fun escape room game.

Playroom VR - much better than I thought it would be.

You don't seem to have the VR games I consider really excellent though, like Statik or Accounting+.

X1 top3:

Batman: Arkham Knight - great ending to an excellent trilogy.

Just Cause 3- awesome over the top action game with lots to do.

This War Of Mine - depressing The Sims: War Is Hell game that tugs the heart strings very successfully.

Switch top3:

The Legend Of Zelda: Breath Of The Wild - while after discovering Zelda, and RPG adventures in general, with Ocarina, I played many Zelda games; BotW is only the second one I loved.

Rayman Legends - perhaps the best platformer of the last decade. Awesome game, played through it twice on PS4 and rebought it on the Switch.

Oxenfree - the less I say, the less chance I accidentally spoil something. Just go play it.

I also already mentioned Stardew Valley on your PS4 list, and Super Mario Odyssey is very good, though I wouldn't have minded if it had been a bit more difficult overall.

Thank you for taking the time to look through my games and making the recommendations!

I loved playing L.A Noire on my old account so I'm definitely going to dive back into that soon, but I just need to buy the DLC for that when I get a chance, and the same goes for Stardew Valley. Man, I've put a ton of hours into Stardew Valley on the PS4, on my old account and also on my Switch as well. I'm really glad you've said great things about Celeste as I picked it up based on the awards/accolades and praise it got, along with the trailer on the Store.

I haven't played any of those games for the XB1 yet, but you definitely make them sound worthwhile in playing, so I'll get onto those as soon as I boot up the XB1 again.

Yeah, I did try the demo for Statik on my old account and it kind of made me feel a little sick, but I do plan on giving it another go soon as it's always cheap and it would be a shame to miss playing it.

So I think I'm going to make a start on my PS3 backlog when I finish work for three days on Sunday, so I think I'll start with L.A Noire as I fancy a good detective game and you've just made me remember how great it is.

14 hours ago, AshestoAshes28 said:

Hey! I know right, I struggle to find people who own an Xbox One on this site/events, so I'm glad to have found someone else who does have one! :D 

I'm definitely going to stay with you lot as it looks like a fun and great event, and well, someone needs to help me save some money and help me actually play my games...eventually ;)

Speaking of Xbox One, have you played the State of Decay series yet? It's definitely a couple of cheap and worthwhile games to pick up and their on the Game Pass, so it's a win-win really!

I want to try the second one sooo bad, especially since it's in the Game Pass. But I'm afraid that I won't like it because I would be playing alone, I get the feeling this should be played in co-op.

Do you play with someone or are you going lone wolf on this one? And since we're on the topic, have you tried Sea of Thieves?

16 hours ago, Moosbert said:

I added some PS Plus games to my list. But I will not punish me for adding them. So no negative score for them. I also decided how to handle DLC. I will count each purchased DLC as -1 and each finished one as +1/3 point. I haven't tracked the DLCs on my backlog, so I have no idea what I own. From now on I will note it in my original post.

Any particular DLC you have your eye on?

Edited by Paleblood

I dusted off my PS VR and completed Job Simulator today. Great little game. And a great show what VR games can be like.

original post

5 hours ago, Paleblood said:

Any particular DLC you have your eye on?

When I purchased Far Cry 5 I got the Gold/Complete/whatever edition with the season pass, because it included FC3. I want to play the 2nd DLC and was considering how to track it. (The 1st DLC I played before I joined the event). Every now and then, when I really like a game, I buy the DLC. E.g. for Skyrim or Dark Souls. It gives me a similar bad feeling, if I just put it to my backlog without playing. But I will not weight them as much a full game.

Edited by Moosbert

I really couldn't help myself. I bought 7 games during the EU Summer Sale, but a few of them are easy ones. I'm going to try to plat loads more before the Black Friday sale. On that note, I'm working on Tales of Berseria. I'm at the last dungeon, but I still have some grinding trophies left. 

I love the story though, and I can't wait to get to the final scenes. 

11 hours ago, Paleblood said:

I want to try the second one sooo bad, especially since it's in the Game Pass. But I'm afraid that I won't like it because I would be playing alone, I get the feeling this should be played in co-op.

Do you play with someone or are you going lone wolf on this one? And since we're on the topic, have you tried Sea of Thieves?

You should definitely try it! I've been playing on my own since I've started it but it does seem like it would be more fun with friends. I haven't played it with anyone else yet, as I don't have any good players to play it with, but I'd like to. 

I haven't tried Sea of Thieves yet, but it is on my top buy list! I'm going to get it when I get paid, provided I've finished 3 games ;).

• Like 1

Finished the story!

L873cd8.png

I figured, since I'm getting excited for HITMAN 2 I should at least finish the story of HITMAN.

I hit a snag during the Colorado level, went back to finish Assassin's Creed Origins, bought the DLC for that game and by the end, I got distracted with other games.

Glad I saw it through. I'm not usually into stealth but this game was very enjoyable, and it marks the first time I played through a complete Hitman game (played the first mission of a couple of others).

I also think I'll go back to this game from time to time, see if I can see it through to completion..

Even more excited now for HITMAN 2, but it's still three months out. Enough to play in the meantime though.

• Like 1

Finished the story!

YceBorl_d.jpg?maxwidth=320&shape=thumb&f

Earlier today, I redeemed the download code for HITMAN Sniper Assassin, which I got for pre-ordering HITMAN 2.

This short game plays like a mission from the last HITMAN game, with the exception that you're locked into one place. So no changing costumes, but just taking lots of sniper shots - and there's many challenges that can be targeted.

I liked Sniper Assassin as a fifteen minute teaser for HITMAN 2, though obviously completing each and every challenge would take at least an hour or two of work.

This marks the third completed story for me, so now I could buy a new game again. However, I'll keep it in stock for a while - I'll need one when I actually pay for HITMAN 2, and I want to be allowed to buy two additional games in case LIMBO and INSIDE go on a sale on the Switch. For real, I'm not just mentioning those two games so I could mention more all-capital titles.

@Paleblood this means I'm at 18 played through games now, so you can move me past @Beyondthegrave07 B)

• Like 4

Finished up Hunted The Demon's Forge. While I wouldn't recommend it, I enjoyed it. I can see a lot of people not being able to see past it's flaws though. Only at -2 now. Almost recovered from that sale, haha.

Also decided to remove all the PS+ games from my list. I haven't had it in about 2 months, and I wont get it again until next April at the earliest, so I just removed them so I could focus on what I had. I kept seeing them on my list and wanting to play them, haha. That brings the current total of games on my backlog down to an even 100 from 118.

Still working on Final Fantasy III and X-2. I'm at the end of my 2nd playthrough of X-2, but it looks like I'll need a 3rd in order to get 100% and the true ending though, since I couldn't get lady luck and missed a couple of crimson spheres again.

• Like 3

Finished the story!

Le9dc52.png

I played through Typoman on the Switch. As said before (though in a different thread I believe), much of my Switch backlog consists of actually pretty short games. Typoman is one of those games, I doubt it took me more than four hours to get through.

Typoman is a puzzle platformer in which much of the gameplay consists of overcoming obstacles by arranging letters into the right words. Example: making the word 'stairs' so that a set of crates arranges themselves in an elevated path to be jumped on so you can get to the higher level.

There's a decent difficulty curve and answers to puzzles never seem hard to reach, save for a puzzle or two (which might have been more difficult for me because I'm not a native English speaker). The story is pretty bland, but then again it's not why you play the game.

I'd say it's worth €10 for any big fan of puzzle platforming, and at least €5 for anyone else.

• Like 3

Updated my main list with the new inclusions from the PS+ games for this and last month. If I keep grabbing things each month I might have to change my stance and start counting them as games bought to keep myself in check.

On the flip-side, finally started AC2. It plays a lot like GTA in the whole open world, run anywhere do anything, type of feel. I've been meaning to play it forever and hope for good things to come in regards to the story.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, BlazzingWind said:

On the flip-side, finally started AC2. It plays a lot like GTA in the whole open world, run anywhere do anything, type of feel. I've been meaning to play it forever and hope for good things to come in regards to the story.

Of all the open world games, I think Assassin's Creed reminds me the least of Grand Theft Auto.

Fun game but it's kind of aging badly. Hope you enjoy it.

And @Paleblood, good luck with doing screen names instead of PSN names. You gonna keep me on Ezio, or are you gonna edit along every month? :)

@Ash Williams I'm so gonna edit your name everytime you change it. Come on, try me xD 

Great updates! 4 games finished back to back feels awesome.

On ‎11‎.‎08‎.‎2018 at 9:58 PM, Ash Williams said:

Finished the story! (....) Hitman snip

Hitman is available on Xbox Game Pass since a few days, been thinking about trying it out for a while now. How is it in terms of presentation and is there a story to speak of? I know the older Hitman games but I always liked watching them more than actually playing them.

(Also I'm totally gonna steal your style of post when I review a game here i.e. the picture of the game on the top :ninja:)

@ExHaseo How many games did you finish? I don't know why you're listed with 6 games in the OP (???)

On ‎12‎.‎08‎.‎2018 at 5:46 AM, ExHaseo said:

Finished up Hunted The Demon's Forge.

I haa~te this game. I tried to play it on Xbox 360 and PC when it came out and it was just such a buggy piece of shit. I have never played a game by a big publisher so broken. I honestly think that I encountered every bug & glitch possible.

Also funny is how I got the game: A friend of mine talked me into buying it so we could play it in co-op mode. Ok, I thought and pre ordered it.

...He never bought the game.

J

Edited by Paleblood

36 minutes ago, Paleblood said:

@Ash Williams I'm so gonna edit your name everytime you change it. Come on, try me xD 

Challenge accepted! I'll not warn you any more so let's see how quickly you catch on to changes :D

Great updates! 4 games finished back to back feels awesome.

Be prepared to feel even more... I'm targeting those short games for a reason. I think I'll put on Bloodstained today and finally get through the latter half of the game (it's like eight to ten levels or so, all with a boss, and I've done the first five on Veteran difficulty). I'm also planning on The Count Lucanor this week, maybe continuing on Banner Saga 2, and I'm assuming with my speed on Picross S 2 and Captain Toad that I'll finish those somewhere this week as well.

Hitman is available on Xbox Game Pass since a few days, been thinking about trying it out for a while now. How is it in terms of presentation and is there a story to speak of? I know the older Hitman games but I always liked watching them more than actually playing them.

I played the first level, or tutorial, of two to three Hitman games but HITMAN is the first one I spent hours with and played to completing the story.

I'm not often one for stealth, but I think the game is a lot of fun and gives you a lot of room to work with. You can use brute force with sniper rifles and explosions, or check out "opportunities" that put you on a certain path (like filling in for someone scheduled to massage a target).

I really enjoyed playing and I'd recommend that you at the very least download the free base game, which is basically a few tutorial levels, to see if you enjoy it.

(Also I'm totally gonna steal your style of post when I review a game here i.e. the picture of the game on the top :ninja:)

You do you. I started talking about games like this in @Hemiak's KYC events, and I'm not sure since it's been two years but I don't even think I was the first to include those images. Think I went with screenshots at the start.

Anyways, big who cares B)

• Like 2

On ‎09‎-‎08‎-‎2018 at 11:31 AM, Paleblood said:

Glad you're enjoying the event and gaming so much lately. Also, great update on your side!

Just playing and finishing games without the whole OCD side is quite refreshing, isn't it? xD 

J

Yeah, it is!!! I felt way relieved during these last 3 weeks. I'm leaving lots of collectibles behind, haha. Well, today I'm back to work, even though my leg injury still hurts (at least I'm sitting all day), which means I won't be able to complete games on a faster pace, still the next weekends are going to be pretty empty, and since I'm injured, that means no gym, which means more time for gaming.

Since all my unplatinumed games (except Worms Battlegrounds which is a PS Plus game) are story-finished, I started Rayman Legends (for some reason it wasn't on the list but I bought it before the event started) and I'm really loving the game. I'm not much into platformers but this game is really fun and addictive. Also started Assassin's Creed: Revelations (oh gosh, is it a literal copy of Brotherhood? Really?). It's been three weeks since I did not touch much my Vita (I prefer playing PS4 at home), so I guess I'll also be back to Sly 2 and Hyperdimension Neptunia Rebirth 1. 

• Like 1

Oh I missed the update time again, maybe I should just say I'll do the updates on monday ?

Anyhow, not much to say about my progress last week, I finished 1 game though: Assassin's Creed Freedom Cry. Seeing I already platted Black Flag and did the freedom cry DLC on that one I knew exactly what to expect from the standalone game, and it wasn't that hard to finish it off

I again made some progress on Fallout 4, but I'm starting to have enough off that game for now so progress there will go very slow and I started Brawlhalla, not bad for a free game but very repetitive and apparantly a long grind towards the plat, so not the best choice to get more games off of the list.

• Like 1

Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare

maxresdefault.jpg

• Played on Normal
  • Took me 8h to finish
  • Bought it for 12.50€

First of all let me say that this is not my genre. I have played probably less than a dozen military shooters in my 20 years as an avid gamer.

Let's be frank here, the Call of Duty series and Activision recieved lots of hate for almost a decade now, despite selling a shitton on units each year. This game in particular has garnered a lot of shit for Activision only wanting to sell Modern Warfare Remastered in the Legacy Bundle with this one, for 90€.

So if you were interested in Modern Warfare, at the time you had to pay the deluxe price. This of course is a shitty business practice I won't defend. It's not like I don't care, but when I look at a game, I look at the game. Not a game in a series and not the publishers actions, just one piece of software and what it does to entertain me.

With that said let's take a look at Infinite Warfare in 2018, having paid 12 bucks for it.

First of all the game starts off with... with... uhh. I actually forgot how this game begins. Let me check Youtube real quick...

...Ahh, yeah bunch of space shit happens and then Jon Snow appears and shoots the main character.

This of course means war, I guess.

Humanity, or some bad guys at least, have populated Mars. So Lord Snow and his mars men want to take over earth and say cringy shit like ''mars eternum'' in the process. Which is fine as a story, but I somehow feel like an absolute dork writing about it here.

Somewhere along the first 1-2 missions some captain dies and now you are the new captain, because military reasons and stuff. It's an intergalactic spaceship that you now control, and the lightjump sequences are borderline incorrect for all we know about space travel but fuuuuck me if those aren't entertaining to watch.

After those first missions side quests get introduced and I legit was like 'wat'?

Ok, on a serious note: You can probably tell that this game doesn't try to be anything other than your typical high budget blockbuster, and you know what? That's ok in my book.

I enjoy this stuff from time to time. I don't want every game to be like The Last of Us. Sometimes I just want to shoot stuff and have characters say words and big explosions making lots'a noise.

The technical side is pretty impressive if you're playing on an Xbox One X. This game runs at almost 4K (1800p+) with 60 frames per second. Gameplay is fast paced and looks awesome. Your weapon arsenal is typical shooter stuff (e.g. Assault Rifle, Shotgun etc...) with sci-fi makeup, so sadly no futuristic weapons in terms of mechanics.

And... that's about it. There are 6 missions with no high points but also no abysmal low points. One mission, I think the 3rd, was less enjoyable than the others but overall it was evenly paced and fun to go through. Pretty varied in terms of mission settings but pretty forgetable overall.

I'd give Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare a 6/10.

Played on Xbox One X

J

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Paleblood said:

So if you were interested in Modern Warfare, at the time you had to pay the deluxe price.

I was one of this stupid idiots, who bought the deluxe version only to get my hands on Modern Warfare. I instantly played through MW and loved it but never touched Infinite Warfare.

Last weekend I gave Black Ops 3 another try. The third time I tried to play it and I gave up after 2 missions. This game is so stupid. Sgt Supercool and Lt. Evencooler fighting against lame robots. This is the first CoD game I am not capable of playing. It's like every bone in my body hates this game. And as I always want play a game series in the order of its releases, this one blocked me from trying CoD:IW and CoD:WW2. I think I'll trhow it of the list and never touch it again.

• Like 1

Finished the story!

J9omOOmWvPhrD9YJbDcu9Ets8cF79F4AJzNFDL-X

As promised, I had set my sights on Bloodstained: Curse Of The Moon. I wanted to get through the game, which is fairly short, but I spent a lot of time trying to get through on Veteran difficulty. Seeing as I was in danger of ignoring the game in favour of other stuff, I did the last three (of eight) levels on casual difficulty, so that I at least experienced the whole game. What with the branching paths and different endings, I'll play the game again (possibly) some time later after getting through some more of my backlog, and I'll get back to Veteran mode at that point.

I thought Curse Of The Moon was a fun game, and it's smart that they had this game made - it's an 8-bit Castlevania sendup that was made as a companion for the 'big' game, Bloodstained: Ritual Of The Night. I can definitely say that I knew nothing of Bloodstained before finding out about Curse Of The Moon, and that I'm interested now.

Basically, the game is eight levels, all with a boss, some sub-bosses and a lot of branching paths exist. As I loved Super Castlevania IV on the SNES back in the day, my only gripe with Curse Of The Moon is that it's 8-bit instead of 16-bit (as most who read my posts know, I wasn't even fond of 8-bit when it was all we had, and only started actively gaming when 16-bit arrived).

Just like with Shovel Knight and Axiom Verge, I am glad I can play in handheld mode on the Switch's small screen, so that it all looks a bit better, and just like with those two games, I did appreciate the music.

P.S. @Paleblood, you're already falling behind... You only changed my name at one of the two spots in the OP where you keep participant names B)

tumblr_nyarjonteC1qj6sk2o1_500.gif

• Like 2