To the first platinum achievers

wackt1

17 minutes ago, GarryKE said:

For someone who is getting the game in a few days, what exactly are these crowns and why are they so difficult or time consuming?

When you hunt a monster, it can be different sizes, these sizes are recorded in your hunter's notes. If you encounter the largest or smallest size possible for that variety of monster, you get a giant gold crown or a mini gold crown, respectively.

They are time consuming because those tiny or massive sizes of monsters are really rare, most monsters are somewhere in between, average size for their species. It's also time consuming because you have to finish the hunt to find out what size the monster was, which can take a while.

But there is currently a temporary event quest that has much higher tiny AND giant crown rates, allowing people to earn these way faster, and it's believed that there will be more events like this to come.

Edited by danceswithsloths
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, danceswithsloths said:

When you hunt a monster, it can be different sizes, these sizes are recorded in your hunter's notes. If you encounter the largest or smallest size possible for that variety of monster, you get a giant gold crown or a mini gold crown, respectively.

They are time consuming because those tiny or massive sizes of monsters are really rare, most monsters are somewhere in between, average size for their species. It's also time consuming because you have to finish the hunt to find out what size the monster was, which can take a while.

But there is currently a temporary event quest that has much higher tiny AND giant crown rates, allowing people to earn these way faster, and it's believed that there will be more events like this to come.

Cool, thank you :)

• Like 1

3 hours ago, danceswithsloths said:

I wonder if these current and upcoming events which offer under 6 ? quest has any chance to include mini or large crowns? 

such as current 2 star jagras event or upcoming 4 star kulu yaku event.. 

1 hour ago, Darpiom said:

I wonder if these current and upcoming events which offer under 6 1f31f.png quest has any chance to include mini or large crowns? 

such as current 2 star jagras event or upcoming 4 star kulu yaku event.. 

Hmm, good question. I wonder too. The only crown i haven't yet received from the 5 monster quest is  the mini great jagras crown, so i'll try to do the low rank great jagras quest and see if it happens.

Edited by danceswithsloths
  • Like 1

On 2/19/2018 at 1:11 PM, bigbluehobo said:

I'm thinking you can get platinum in under 200 hours if your patient with the event quests. I'm at 80 hours right now with 5 Gold Large and 5 Gold Mini crowns due to the event this week. If they rotate these events, the crowns seem relatively easy to get. 

are you talking about the one where you hunt 5 monsters in 50 minutes?

You would think 300 is a lot, but for a game like this, it's normal.

This doesn't bother me, I will be going for the plat.

I think this will only bother people who don't have time, or are fixated on increasing their plat count as fast as possible.

But for a person who genuinely likes this type of game, the journey to the plat will be fun, minus the crown frustration lol >:)

• Like 1

Definitely going to invest in this game... but not right now. A good fellow told me that if I tried to platinum this game, I'd regret it, but after seeing so many live streams from Youtubers like Shandab3ar(love her streams, she's so sexy and acts it) and TagBackTV, it looks like something I could invest in because my biggest fantasies are filling a journal 100% and the game is gorgeous. (And you can have a cat cook thick steaks for you in a real cool way, who wouldn't want that?!! :D)

However, I do realize that if I don't focus my time equally on all my games, some will be neglected and end up being traded away to GameStop for more PS4 titles - already I have stopped playing my 3DS and Pokemon Ultra Moon, and that shiny new Nintendo Switch I got for Christmas is being ignored and uncharged on the table where I have random junk.. As I don't want to end up with 30% of my games uncompleted while I focus 100% on this game, and I will have to to deal with the RNG frustration my fellow gamer warned me about, I have decided to wait until it goes on sale for 50% or higher on PSN before I commit to it. By that time, many of the games in my backlog will be un-backlogged with shiny new platinums. ^_^

Oh, and they come out with the Street Fighter DLC. I want to be able to cover my future character's armor in Sakura's outfit. (Yes, I'll be playing as a female character because I enjoy playing as female characters when I have the option as they appeal to me more than male characters.)

Edited by CJ_Mystery

300 hours? I'm 200 in and have six gold crowns. So I have three Monsters done. I think this will be taking me a lot longer. Though the biggest wall to my platinum is still the Guild Cards.

10 hours ago, GeneralSecura92 said:

You can also do the Street Fighter V event quest to get a guaranteed large gold crown for Barroth. 

You actually have to have a Street Fighter V save for that though don't you?