When you're too lazy to actually get platinum trophies.

Tusked-Lattice

What do I do I said I was gonna get 20 platinums of various difficulty and then give up but I must be too lazy to even do that,in fact I can't even decide on one game to actual finish, tried to do a Yakuza game got bored of darts and gambling and gave up,tried to do Banner Saga thought it was too hard and gave up, tried to do Hellblade thought it was too easy and gave up.

Who else lazy here? 

Am I still allowed to post here when I'm so bad at trophy hunting? 

• Like 3

Just don't worry about the trophies and have fun! Play the game until you've had enough and move on. That's what I do. Pushing yourself to Platinum and worrying so much about trophies can possibly destroy your enjoyment in gaming.

I have so many uncompleted games. Just play to have fun like what we'd do before trophies/achievements were a thing.

Edited by aZombieDictator
  • Like 2

Eh, just play games for fun.  Try finishing the stories of games that you want to play and go back to get the plats later when you feel like you’re ready.  Hunting plats can be time consuming and boring sometimes.  I get where you come from.

Play what you want to play. For example, I'm taking a break from Kingdom Hearts. I loved the game but don't really want to go it at for another week. I finished the story so I want to move on to Danganronpa and the 25th Ward Silver Case. I have games on my list that I love but I didn't get the platinum because I didn't feel it was necessary. I also play games that don't even have trophies. That's where my Nintendo's and PC come in handy!

26 minutes ago, Kristycism said:

There's absolutely nothing wrong with never getting Platinums, and it doesn't make you any less of a gamer or trophy hunter.

I agree with most of what you said, but I'm confused as to why you think someone who doesn't bother going for most of the trophies in a game is, for example, comparable to a trophy hunter who obsesses over getting all of the trophies in every game they play. Surely being a completionist and a trophy hunter go hand-in-hand, no? I would call our friend @Tusked-Lattice a casual trophy hunter. Not in a derogatory way, but I just don't believe that all trophy hunters are equal. How very elitist of me, I know. :P

2 minutes ago, Undead Wolf said:

I agree with most of what you said, but I'm confused as to why you think someone who doesn't bother going for most of the trophies in a game is, for example, comparable to a trophy hunter who obsesses over getting all of the trophies in every game they play. Surely being a completionist and a trophy hunter go hand-in-hand, no? I would call our friend @Tusked-Lattice a casual trophy hunter. Not in a derogatory way, but I just don't believe that all trophy hunters are equal. How very elitist of me, I know. :P

IMO You can be Trophy Hunter without going for Plats.  100% psn games dont have Plats and people collecting these Trophies are Trophy Hunter aswell. Not every Trophy Hunter has completion as goal. Just think about games were you can get 98% of all trophies in 5 hours , but last trophy would take 50 h .  If someone skip this and go for other quick games he would get more Trophy points in shorter time and would go up in Leaderboards way higher. One decides to go for points , one for completion , both Trophy hunter and i wouldnt call one of them "casual".

Just my Opinion.

Just now, Xionx said:

IMO You can be Trophy Hunter without going for Plats.  100% psn games dont have Plats and people collecting these Trophies are Trophy Hunter aswell. Not every Trophy Hunter has completion as goal. Just think about games were you can get 98% of all trophies in 5 hours , but last trophy would take 50 h .  If someone skip this and go for other quick games he would get more Trophy points in shorter time and would go up in Leaderboards way higher. One decides to go for points , one for completion , both Trophy hunter and i wouldnt call one of them "casual".

Just my Opinion.

I know, hence why I didn't specifically mention plats in my post. :P I was talking about people like the OP who have a low completion and aren't bothered with collecting trophies for the most part.

Just now, Undead Wolf said:

I know, hence why I didn't specifically mention plats in my post. :P I was talking about people like the OP who have a low completion and aren't bothered with collecting trophies for the most part.

My friend i know you dont mean it in a bad way ;)  But i just try to make point , i have 52% completion rate , pretty bad right? but im still on 1600 World rank with almost 14 k collected trophies.

Am i a casual trophy Hunter? =)

Haha to be fair i wouldnt even care if someone thinks im not true trophy hunter because of my awerful completion rate, as long as i have fun . =) 

Have nice day , hope you know i respect your opinion :)

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Xionx said:

My friend i know you dont mean it in a bad way ;)  But i just try to make point , i have 52% completion rate , pretty bad right? but im still on 1600 World rank with almost 14 k collected trophies.

Haha to be fair i wouldnt even care if someone thinks im not true trophy hunter because of my awerful completion rate, as long as i have fun . =) 

I see where you're coming from, and no, I wouldn't call you a casual trophy hunter, haha. :lol: All I'm trying to say is that there are clearly trophy hunters more dedicated than others so I don't think it's right to paint them all with the same brush. I respect where you're coming from too though.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Undead Wolf said:

I agree with most of what you said, but I'm confused as to why you think someone who doesn't bother going for most of the trophies in a game is, for example, comparable to a trophy hunter who obsesses over getting all of the trophies in every game they play. Surely being a completionist and a trophy hunter go hand-in-hand, no?

1 hour ago, Undead Wolf said:

I didn't mean any offence by that, nor did I mean to seem like I was painting all trophy hunters with the same brush (obviously some are significantly more dedicated than others). I only meant that being a trophy hunter =/= getting plats (though obviously it helps).

My personal opinion is that if you're willing to do a pointless thing in a game for a trophy (e.g. some bizarre combat method that you wouldn't normally do if you just played the game) or play a game specifically because of trophies, you can call yourself a trophy hunter.  Or heck, even if you go from the mindset of "I'll get one more trophy for this game then I'm done with it for (insert any reason)", then you're clearly interested in collecting trophies, even if they'll all be bronze. Completion rate is something not every trophy hunter cares about - though I personally do too, but I've been into completionism (is that a word? Let's pretend it's a word) since before trophies were even a thing.

Whether OP cares about trophies enough to consider themselves a trophy hunter is up to them. If they don't that's fine. If they do, then yeah I'll agree they're more casual about it than many others, but it doesn't make them NOT a trophy hunter just because they don't complete games. Hell, they've got a lot more trophies than I do (though in my defense I've only had this account since August 2017).

Edited by Kristycism
  • Like 1

I kind of get the same. My trophy history is a series of great months where I earn 3-5 platinums, then nothing for months. I'm currently on a streak of 15 plats this year, but before that I hadn't earned a single one in a half year. As it is I'm taking a break from most of my games on my platlog right now so that I can just relax and play games for fun.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Xionx said:

You have more than 200 plats which definitely means you're no casual trophy hunter, but most people whose completion percent at that range usually have much less platinums .. they basically play the game to get the easy trophies and then just throw it away.

You actually don't belong to that category cause you play the game and get 1 or 2 trophies and then if you don't like it you leave it. If you had a dummy account to try every game before adding it to your list, you should now be around 80%.

• Like 1