Just how the heck are you supposed to get S ranks

i cant even complete the last one without dying and the best grade i got from the previous ones is only a B.

how the hell is it possible to get a S rank in this crap? i try headshots but the creatures either move too fast for me or their stupid heads wont stay still.

trying to use youtube to guide me but i keep dying and wasting bullets on these molded. i cant even complete main room 2 with even a C!

2 minutes ago, DARKB1KE said:

Accounts should get temp ban restrictions for posting non-helpful replies such as those 2 comments.  There's no reason for people being jerks. 

There’s no reason, and yet that’s pretty much all you get on this site unfortunately. 

To the op, In all resident evil games I find time and no deaths to be most helpful in getting an s rank. So don’t worry too much about head shots. 

• Like 1

It sounds like you're trying to do the Jack's 55th Birthday DLC? The only thing I can think of with "main room 2" as a stage.

But as stated, practicing is absolutely vital. Learn the layouts, learn where the best stuff spawns (weapons and food alike). YouTube vids help immensely, if you want to go that route just to see how others attack the situation and maybe try to replicate it. S'what I did; I didn't really care for that or the 21 DLCs, tbh. The rest I'm playing legit because they add more to the story, rather than just fill.

• Like 1

I wasn't being a jerk. Practising is the best way to get good at something. The more you do something the more your subconcious mind and muscle memory will adjust, the more you will learn about the game such as what works and what doesn't and eventually it will click.

It really helps to get the golden crowbar and use the best melee upgrade you can. Then you don't have to worry about shooting and can mostly 1 shot every molded. As you mention the last stage, you should remember that you can kill bug form Marguerite in the basement where you fought chainsaw Jack in the main game, and it is very easy if you grab the red gun on the hook before jumping down. Defeating her will allow you to open up a door nearby (The room you find the key in the police officers neck in the main game) and get 2 cakes, 2 four star wine, and a garbage that you can combine with sugar to make a 'Baker Family Special'. If you return to the spot you killed Marguerite after feeding Jack, a fully made 'Baker Family Special' will be waiting for you on the ground.

Edited by bobjoehill
Added more info
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, olliebear66t said:

I wasn't being a jerk. Practising is the best way to get good at something. The more you do something the more your subconcious mind and muscle memory will adjust, the more you will learn about the game such as what works and what doesn't and eventually it will click.

This is inherently false. If you are doing something wrong you will never learn the proper way. You could spend 10000 hours doing it wrong until someone teaches a better method. Practice doesn't always improve the outcomes unless you have training from experienced teachers. Not always the case, sometimes people learn from repetition but it's false to believe all people learn this way. There is many learning styles for all people and some learn better from the tips of pros.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, DARKB1KE said:

This is inherently false. If you are doing something wrong you will never learn the proper way. You could spend 10000 hours doing it wrong until someone teaches a better method. Practice doesn't always improve the outcomes unless you have training from experienced teachers. Not always the case, sometimes people learn from repetition but it's false to believe all people learn this way. There is many learning styles for all people and some learn better from the tips of pros.

My first thought when I saw you had already posted my exact immediate thoughts was, I can't believe this needed to be said.

My second thought was, I don't think it actually needed to, cause the above post doesn't read as an honestly held belief, but rather a quickfire excuse when he realized that his version of "git gud" wouldn't fly. Because I don't see how anyone, himself included, could buy that his first post was supposed to be perceived as helpful instead of snappy and sarcastic.

1 hour ago, DARKB1KE said:

Yes tips and strategies can definitely help especially if you're new to something but there's no way if you put a good amount of time into something you don't get better. There will be some things that a teacher may not teach that you learn by yourself. You can't just be good at something if you only rely on other people. It's ultimately down to you.

5 minutes ago, NamoPh said:

My first thought when I saw you had already posted my exact immediate thoughts was, I can't believe this needed to be said.

My second thought was, I don't think it actually needed to, cause the above post doesn't read as an honestly held belief, but rather a quickfire excuse when he realized that his version of "git gud" wouldn't fly. Because I don't see how anyone, himself included, could buy that his first post was supposed to be perceived as helpful instead of snappy and sarcastic.

I didn't mean for it to be snappy and sarcastic. I just personally believe that practise is the key to getting good scores at something and that's what it boils down to. Maybe that post wasn't helpful but I don't know why everyone's getting all upset. People are way to serious on this site. I've seen people write long essays why someone was wrong to e-mail a developer and someone above thinks I need to be banned because what I said might not have been helpful; It's just silly. Give your own advice instead of criticising others and let OP look through to see what helps.

43 minutes ago, olliebear66t said:

I didn't mean for it to be snappy and sarcastic. I just personally believe that practise is the key to getting good scores at something and that's what it boils down to. Maybe that post wasn't helpful but I don't know why everyone's getting all upset. People are way to serious on this site. I've seen people write long essays why someone was wrong to e-mail a developer and someone above thinks I need to be banned because what I said might not have been helpful; It's just silly. Give your own advice instead of criticising others and let OP look through to see what helps.

While I don't get behind the calls for trigger happy banning, calling out the type of response that could potentially undermine the site's purpose of providing aid by driving people away doesn't seem that unreasonable to me. For the other part of your post, I can cite my own recent experience with the Max Payne 3 challenge mode as an example of what DARKB1KE is saying. In the police station alley where the tank is shooting at you and you have to blow up 6 vehicles in a very limited amount of time, no amount of practise would inform me that the only reasonable way to do it is to know there is a grenade launcher in the opposite corner of the alley, because it's something that you don't need to pick up in the normal campaign mode, is practically unnoticeable with PS3 graphics, and the seconds you have before you get a failure screen are not enough to go around exploring.

• Like 2

stop arguing, everyone.

i managed to do it. the key is having unlockables help you, and watching a video with a route you're comfortable with and keep practising once you get it.

i even got the 10 min time bonus, mine was 19 mins, thanks to this video - the key is to accumulate enough time before you shoot the 'everywhere' dolls that appear twice.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, LadyFinesse95 said:

Patience is the key of everything follow by practice makes perfect. You failed then try again.

I don’t completely agree. I think if you are doing something inherently wrong no matter how much you practice you’ll never get it done. You need a sound method first before then going to practice. Many a time I’ve been stuck on something for ages and I thought I’d never be able to do, then looked up another method and did it first time. 

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
On 3/30/2018 at 1:57 AM, olliebear66t said:

Maybe that post wasn't helpful but I don't know why everyone's getting all upset. People are way to serious on this site.

Because your post wasn't helpful.  Helpful things are saying different methods to try, posting tips and tricks/etc.

Telling someone "git gud" isn't being helpful, don't kid yourself. 

People learn from others, from teachers and mentors.  When you really want mastery in something that is when you take combined knowledge and do it your method. 

I bet you sucked when you first played.  But you looked to others to get better. 

Edited by DARKB1KE

• 4 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Yeah. Testing Area 2 has been impossible for me so far. Two days with no sign of getting it. Got the previous within 3 attempts, but just cannot do this one no matter what. 

More than ever your accuracy has to be top notch for this mode, because a missed shot or a hit taken and you might as well restart.