How much $ would you sell your PSN profile for?

closertim

271 games, with a very rough average of 30 hours required to finish each game = 8130 hours.

I have a completion percentage of 91%, so 8130 * 0.91 = 7398.3 hours of trophy hunting gone into it....

Id charge £50 per hour for my time, so 7398.3 * 50 = £369,915.

Current exchange rate is £1 = $1.56

So £369,915 * 1.56

$577,067.40.

But if someone offers, ill be a gentleman and knock the 67dollars and 40cents off to make it an even $577,000 ;-)

I know all this thread is just for fun, and of course theoretical, but I cant help but notice everyone seems to be seriously undervaluing thier time, gaming is a skilled endevour, and you are all good at it - dont sell yourselves short ;-)

Edited by DrBloodmoney
  • Like 2

I'd sell it for the amount of money I spent on the PSN store, disc games and consoles + 2€ to get me a nice double cheeseburger as a bonus.

So if someone wants to buy a PS3, PS4 and all the games that are on my profile... contact me! :P

Edited by soniq

I really see no point. The whole point, both in selling and buying. 

But for the sake of "what if" I would say the same amount I've spent on my console, games and DLC combined (less 20% depreciation on the console and games, but at cost for DLC and downloaded games.) No idea how much that is, but if I had to sell my PSN profile, everything else would have to go with it.

Again, I see little point. Aside from identity theft reasons, it serves absolutely no purpose for anyone to buy someone else's account. Well, not unless their self esteem is so bad they'd try to lay claim to someone else'es fame. Which is just pathetic.

• Like 1

WOULD.  NEVER.  SELL.  For all the reasons mentioned above that I liked is why.  Plus, people aren't calculating the time.  I know there are plenty of people on here with plenty more games and platinums on their profile than me, BUT I figure, over the almost 4 years that I've been gaming and having platinumed 40 games (which is nothing to sneeze at), I have to have logged in - oh, I don't know - 2,000 to 3,000 hours as a rough guesstimate.  If I go with 3,000 hours at $20.00 per hour which is about what I make on my regular job then we're looking at $60,000.00.  The thing is, as other have said on here, my trophies are priceless.  They're MY accomplishment.  They represent ME.  That's priceless!  Even if someone offered me $100,000.00 I wouldn't take it.

271 games, with a very rough average of 30 hours required to finish each game = 8130 hours.

I have a completion percentage of 91%, so 8130 * 0.91 = 7398.3 hours of trophy hunting gone into it....

Id charge £50 per hour for my time, so 7398.3 * 50 = £369,915.

Current exchange rate is £1 = $1.56

So £369,915 * 1.56

$577,067.40.

But if someone offers, ill be a gentleman and knock the 67dollars and 40cents off to make it an even $577,000 ;-)

I know all this thread is just for fun, and of course theoretical, but I cant help but notice everyone seems to be seriously undervaluing thier time, gaming is a skilled endevour, and you are all good at it - dont sell yourselves short ;-)

The time.  Time.  Exactly.  No one is thinking of that.  I couldn't have put it better myself.  And I'm willing to bet you have A LOT MORE than 8,000 or so hours logged into gaming judging by your profile.  If you have RPGs and some difficult platinums on there, I would say over 10,000.  Of course, there's no way of knowing.  It's all speculation.

Edited by Spider-Man916
  • Like 3

I'm sure this is way too much but I'd only sell it for around 5000€.

It would give me a good reason to re-obtain all the trophies I already have, which means having more fun with the games I don't play anymore.

It would also pave the way for the future of my gaming and would allow me to get even more trophies than before.

It would also give me an economic boost I need in my personal life and help my family pay for some bills.

Besides, all the trophies I have should equal to more than 1000 hours of gameplay total, and 1000 hours of work is 33 000€ of salary where I live.

I would never sell my account.  Think of the consequences.  By selling your account, you are pretty much given away yourself for free.  The IRS may come after you if you forgot to pay taxes for the sale of your account.  If you sell your account, do you really want to report it to the IRS?  They may even go after you if they don't like your posts here.  May be the buyer was a stalker whose you didn't want to go out with.  There are just too many crazy people out there  that may offer to buy your account, but they have no intention in going through with the deed.  Nevertheless, it definitely won't be a smooth transaction.