Eurovision Song Contest Giveaway (PSN Codes)

eigen-space

50 minutes ago, eigen-space said:

@Ai-ds_low, I'll make an exception if you tell me your favorite from last year :)

lol okay xD

2017 wasn't exaclty my favorite year, and I didn't like the winner.

I loved Skeleton from Azerbaijan, that was my favorite in the end.

France (Requiem) was nice, too. most other songs were very "typical" ESC songs. But I always notice that I value other things on ESC songs than on music I listen to in general xD if that makes sense.

• Like 1

I’ll go with the option A.

I really don’t like (maybe i hate:hmm:)the pop music to be honest, and i really love the metal music(i don’t like using the word “Metalhead” but that’s what i am, lol). So, my favorite is Hungary with Viszlat Nyar. I don’t understand a word of it but loved the music.

I usually don't watch this because rarely there's much for my taste, but with the giveaway I decided to take a look...

I'm watching them on the order in the 1st post and have to say, most feel generic, or at least don't have the power to keep me watching it more then a few seconds or so into it..

Only exceptions were the Czeck Republic (probably because was the 1st that actually sounded different, even if not my thing..), Greece (really liked the song, despite not understanding a work, but then that's why I hear tons of music in languages that I don't understand, music has to be more then words, and that's what I felt from the song), Switzerland (her voice was powerful enough to keep me listening, just that..), Denmark (not sure, I somewhat liked the melodic of it, but think it would actually work better with a metal background.. for some reason when I watched it, I was always expecting it to get heavier, Vikying style..), Hungary (so, there's metal! Still most of the song didn't trigger anything in me, but I'm really picky with music.. still, nice to see something that's closer to my taste), Netherlands (ya, that's good!! I can see what someone said that he sounds American, but it does go well with the lyrics and kind of Rock!), ok, checked all others and nothing really clicked me.. this was mainly my notes while checking the songs, but I will leave it here..

As for my entry, since I don't like to gamble, I will go with option A and my favorite song is either Greece or Netherlands, don't think that I can choose between those 2. But my current mood says folk (funny because I have been listening Yousei Teikoku all day.. that's almost as far from folk as it can get ?), so maybe Greece.. but I liked both the same.

Edited by Han_the_Dragon
  • Like 2

@Ai-ds_low, what you said makes perfect sense! Eurovision songs should be bold and, therefore, can't be judged the same way as other music. And, judging from those two songs, I think you're really going to like this year's lineup!

@BrutalLooter, I've watched some interviews with the dudes from Hungary. They explain that their song is about death, which is apparently a pretty big taboo subject there.

@Han_the_Dragon, I like your thought process with everything. Thanks for sharing! There's a pretty big variety of genres this year rather than half ballads and half generic pop like it has been for the past few years.

@Raitandrul, good choice!

---------

Everyone up to this point has been added. If you notice that you haven't been added yet, please let me know.

• Like 2

@Van-Helsings, @TheDarkBlade9, @Caju_94, @Klart -- You all have been added!

@GunnerZeus -- You will need 20 posts by the cutoff date as described in the rules. You've been tentatively added and I'll check back to see if the post requirement has been met!

----------------------

Everyone up to this point has been added. If you notice that you haven't been added, please let me know!

On 30-4-2018 at 8:56 AM, Dragon-Archon said:

I liked Bulgaria's song last year, the performer was great. Not sure who to vote for this year, so just going to stick with Netherlands (option A), even though we're not going to win :lol: .

You know what, I'll join you with option A for the Netherlands 

• Like 1

I'm going to be nationalistic and pick Norway as first, but not sure the win, probably top 5. ;)

Other mentions:

Belarus, Belgium, Finland, Czech Republic

As for Belarus, he gotta sing better live than the live footage commonly found on youtube. It is however said that he had technical issues then, didn't hear himself, which is why it was so sour.

When it comes to the semis, here's what I think with a mix of wife's opinion.

Semi 1:

1. Belarus
  2. Finland
  3. Belgium
  4. Czech Republic
  5. Estonia
  6. Bulgaria
  7. Greece
  8. Austria
  9. Israel
  10. Azerbaijan
  11. Macedonia
  12. Switzerland
  13. Ireland
  14. Cyprus
  15. Armenia
  16. Croatia
  17. Albania
  18. Lithuania
  19. Iceland

Semi 2:

1. Norway
  2. Hungary
  3. Serbia
  4. Sweden
  5. Denmark
  6. Australia
  7. Moldova
  8. San Marino
  9. Romania
  10. Netherlands
  11. Slovenia
  12. Poland
  13. Ukraine
  14. Russia
  15. Latvia
  16. Montenegro
  17. Malta
  18. Georgia

Before listening to a couple of these I was going to play it safe and choose the song from France, but the Russian song has to be one of the top contenders to win. Option B, Julia Samoylova - I won't break. Russia.

If possible I'd like a CAD card if I win. The only games I'd import to play on my account are physical.

Edited by Avalynch

@charlijaen, @Avalynch -- you have been added
@HelsingsV -- you have been tentatively added as you need 20 posts by the deadline

@sephiroth4424, you've been added! I think this year it's a bit more difficult to predict a winner. I see a good 10 acts that could be a winner whereas in the past 5ish years, I've only seen maybe 3 acts that could be winners.

@MMDE, couldn't tell if you're going for option A or B. Let me know which one :P Here's my favorites after watching the 30-second snippets of the rehearsals on the Eurovision YouTube channel (not necessarily the way I think things will shake down). Seems quite different from what you posted:

Spoiler

1. Albania - Eugent Bushpepa - Mall
2. Austria Cesar Sampson - Nobody But You

3. Slovenia - Lea Sirk - Hvala, Ne
4. Hungary - AWS - Vislat Nyar
5. Cyprus - Eleni Foureira - Fuego
6. Denmark - Rasmussen - Higher Ground

7. Switzerland - Zibbz - Stones
8. Georgia - Iraio - For You
9. Czech Republic - Mikolas Josef - Lie to Me
10. Finland - Saara Alto - Monsters
11. Estonia - Elina Nechayeva - La Forza