1 hour ago, Caju_94 said:

Wow, this seems a rather interesting event. However, I'm already participating in others and I can't just kill my completion and start lots of games like that yet... I'm trying to platinum/100% I've been leaving behind... But if you could give me a date prediction for the 8th edition, I would certainly participate. :P

I'll be reading your reviews, meanwhile!

They run 3 times a year, March, July, and November.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Caju_94 said:

Wow, this seems a rather interesting event. However, I'm already participating in others and I can't just kill my completion and start lots of games like that yet... I'm trying to platinum/100% I've been leaving behind... But if you could give me a date prediction for the 8th edition, I would certainly participate. :P

I'll be reading your reviews, meanwhile!

I have nothing to contribute to your comment but I wanted to say that I love your profile pic! Tail Concerto is one of my favorite games ever :D

I hope you'll join us next time!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Myu said:

I have nothing to contribute to your comment but I wanted to say that I love your profile pic! Tail Concerto is one of my favorite games ever :D

I hope you'll join us next time!

Yay, I found a Tail Concerto fan, which is so rare nowadays!!! :D 

3 minutes ago, Caju_94 said:

Yay, I found a Tail Concerto fan, which is so rare nowadays!!! :D 

I used to have a huge stupid crush on Cyan Garland as a kid ?

58358.jpg?rev=1387842657

And the opening was the best thing ever!

I hope you know about SolatoRobo on NDS.

51Iwh29BG6L.jpg

44 minutes ago, Myu said:

I used to have a huge stupid crush on Cyan Garland as a kid 1f601.png

58358.jpg?rev=1387842657

And the opening was the best thing ever!

I hope you know about SolatoRobo on NDS.

Reveal hidden contents

51Iwh29BG6L.jpg

Pssst... I had a crush on the princess...

Of course I do, and I also completed that game, too!

It's a shame that Tail Concerto for PS2 was canceled... :( My dream has a Tail Concerto player was to be able to play on Prarie Capital! xD

Edited by Caju_94
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Crimson Idol said:

Game 1, Day 1:
Final Fantasy X HD (PS Vita)

So far I think the game is okay'ish. Can't really find a thing to dislike but there's also not much positive to say. It just seems to be yet another JRPG from that era. *duck and hide*

I respect your (totally wrong :spank:) opinion. :D 

While I'm biased, as it is my favorite Final Fantasy game along with FF4, I think the greatest part about it is the story that has yet to unfold for you as well as the sphere board, making it (for the time) a very unique feature that makes leveling your characters abilities much more fun than the original system of allocating X stat points among your stats every level you gain. It is a pain for the platinum, though, as it's the reason for around 70% of the grind because you have to fill all the slots in the board for all of your characters. Besides that it's a fairly basic game, especially considering the battle system but I like that as well, honestly. I like being able to make a composed choice in battle without having to worry about some timer running out or whatever.

Also, if you don't also want to farm the best sphere orbs to put into the slots, taking you another really long grind, take a look at a guide before answering the question that an aeon called Yojimbo will ask you. If you happen to stumble upon him, that is. Trust me, if you find that you're sick of the level grind, this will at least cut out the sphere grind.

A bit off topic but I was really happy that I was able to leave my internship an hour early because they ran out of tasks for me to do but then my train was 75 minutes late. One less hour of playing Catherine for me today. <_< I never understood why Germans are praised for their punctuality, nothing is punctual here, especially not trains.

• Like 4

18 hours ago, jasondm300 said:

Played a couple of hours of Alienation.  Pretty good twin stick shooter so far.  I'm not very good at it, but it is definitely the most polished of games like it I have played (Dead Nation, Helldivers).  No trophies yet to show for it, but I just got back to Alaska, so should be pretty soon to getting something

I still need the one luck based trophy in this game ?

If you ever want to play together hit me up.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, xFalionx said:

I respect your (totally wrong :spank:) opinion. :D 

While I'm biased, as it is my favorite Final Fantasy game along with FF4, I think the greatest part about it is the story that has yet to unfold for you as well as the sphere board, making it (for the time) a very unique feature that makes leveling your characters abilities much more fun than the original system of allocating X stat points among your stats every level you gain.

I can understand your point. Judging a JRPG by the first few hours is a bit unfair as most take their time to unfold their story. Even those that I would call all time favorites o' mine (Golden Sun 1, Wild Arms 3, Final Fantasy 8 & 9, Skies of Arcadia, Lufia 2) had a rather slow start. The problem is that I somehow haven't found a point that I really enjoy so far. Most of the cast that I can play with is a rather unsympathic bunch of douchebags for me. But I guess that will change as I'm now at Luca (right before my first Blitzball-game ever) and according to the guide book (the old Piggyback guide, which should be sufficient for the main story at least and which I mostly use for the item locations) I will meet up with Auron soon.

And I'm not too worried about meeting Yojimbo or anything else right now. I will only find enough motivation (due to still feeling sick) to finish up the Luca-portion. I have the feeling that this would be a good cutoff point before I have to play the next game. 'm curious how Blitzball will turn out, though. I only read the tutorial dialogues and I already hate the fact that the fixed camera will change it's point of view from time to time. :devil: And from what I remember I never enjoyed the minigames in FF-games.

12 hours ago, xFalionx said:

I never understood why Germans are praised for their punctuality, nothing is punctual here, especially not trains.

I guess it all depends on the people you have to interact with. Yep, the Deutsche Bahn doesn't feel punctual at all but I have good experience with some craftsman. But I also wouldn't say that Germans tend to punctual most of the time. What really applies to us is the cliché of the excessive bureaucracy and restrictions. 

5 hours ago, Beyondthegrave07 said:

Okay, let me start off that I was always more of a Spyro the Dragon fan than Crash Bandicoot fan.

Let's just hope that the remake of the Spyro-trilogy won't ruin our fond memories. What was your favorite entry? I only played the original trilogy and a few minutes of some PS2-games but I really enjoyed Spyro 2 (surprise surprise: It was the first I played at all :giggle:). I also have good memories of Spyro 1 but I didn't really enjoy all the gimmicky sidekicks that were introduced by the third installment.

Edited by Crimson Idol
  • Like 3

6 minutes ago, Crimson Idol said:

I can understand your point. Judging a JRPG by the first few hours is a bit unfair as most take their time to unfold their story. Even those that I would call all time favorites o' mine (Golden Sun 1, Wild Arms 3, Final Fantasy 8 & 9, Skies of Arcadia, Lufia 2) had a rather slow start. The problem is that I somehow haven't found a point that I really enjoy so far. Most of the cast that I can play with is a rather unsympathic bunch of douchebags for me. But I guess that will change as I'm now at Luca (right before my first Blitzball-game ever) and according to the guide book (the old Piggyback guide, which should be sufficient for the main story at least and which I mostly use for the item locations) I will meet up with Auron soon.

Auron is probably the best character in this game :) I have a love-hate relationship with FFX, I can't stand Tidus and Yuna but there's something about this game that makes you come back and enjoy it.

As for the Blitzball game, I don't remember the camera going crazy so you should be fine. :) I have severe motion sickness but I could play it without any problem. Bliztball is a great minigame although it becomes way less fun with all the grind to get Wakka's last weapon.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Myu said:

Auron is probably the best character in this game :)

Don't raise the expectations. :D But as I tend to prefer either the totally silent and mysterious characters (which seem to be old "geezers" most of the time :hmm: ) or the cheerful girls/tomboys ,he has at least the plus of falling into of my my favorites tropes, if you want to call it that way. I guess that's also the reason why I'm curious about Kimahri and why I'm eager to finally play with Rikku.

And it's good to hear that the camera doesn't cause any problems. I just found it irritating that it switched it's field of view a few times while moving the character. Moving your character to the right side of the field and seeing how he swims towards you is a bit confusing  But I will see how it turns out in a real match. Might just focus on the map in the lower right only.

Edited by Crimson Idol

7 hours ago, Beyondthegrave07 said:

Game #1 - Crash Bandicoot Warped - Review

Image result for Crash bandicoot warped

*snip*

Crash Bandicoot used to drive me up the wall. I used to play it at a Blockbuster back in the day, after school or during lunch break. They'd rotate games out every two weeks or so, so we were stuck with this for a while. Still don't care about that franchise and fail to see it's appeal.

Also, am I the only one that never played any of the Spyro games? :P

To be fair the only console I had until my late teens was a SNES and as such I used to play almost exclusively on PC until the PS3 came along.

Edited by voodoo_eyes
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Crimson Idol said:

And it's good to hear that the camera doesn't cause any problems. I just found it irritating that it switched it's field of view a few times while moving the character. Moving your character to the right side of the field and seeing how he swims towards you is a bit confusing  But I will see how it turns out in a real match. Might just focus on the map in the lower right only.

Now that I think about it, I used to focus solely on the mini map so that might explain why I wasn't inconvenienced by the camera. ?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Crimson Idol said:

And I'm not too worried about meeting Yojimbo or anything else right now. I will only find enough motivation (due to still feeling sick) to finish up the Luca-portion. I have the feeling that this would be a good cutoff point before I have to play the next game. 'm curious how Blitzball will turn out, though. I only read the tutorial dialogues and I already hate the fact that the fixed camera will change it's point of view from time to time. :devil: And from what I remember I never enjoyed the minigames in FF-games.

I guess it all depends on the people you have to interact with. Yep, the Deutsche Bahn doesn't feel punctual at all but I have good experience with some craftsman. But I also wouldn't say that Germans tend to punctual most of the time. What really applies to us is the cliché of the excessive bureaucracy and restrictions. 

Let's just hope that the remake of the Spyro-trilogy won't ruin our fond memories. What was your favorite entry? I only played the original trilogy and a few minutes of some PS2-games but I really enjoyed Spyro 2 (surprise surprise: It was the first I played at all :giggle:). I also have good memories of Spyro 1 but I didn't really enjoy all the gimmicky sidekicks that were introduced by the third installment.

Year of the Dragon was my favorite. I 100%ed that one a few times as a kid and I played and beat all of them. I'm really looking forward to the remake and hope that it's as good as I remember!

3 hours ago, voodoo_eyes said:

Crash Bandicoot used to drive me up the wall. I used to play it at a Blockbuster back in the day, after school or during lunch break. They'd rotate games out every two weeks or so, so we were stuck with this for a while. Still don't care about that franchise and fail to see it's appeal.

Also, am I the only one that never played any of the Spyro games? :P

To be fair the only console I had until my late teens was a SNES and as such I used to play almost exclusively on PC until the PS3 came along.

At least I'm not the only one who struggles with these games! xD I just find it really hard to enjoy a game where I'm constantly dying and nothing is more infuriating than starting a level with 20 lives and getting a game over 3/4 of the way through the level or even beating it with 4 lives remaining.

• Like 1

What the shitzu, @xFalionx is alive?!

Great start on the event, all. As it is now, I'm too busy to game a lot at home (when I'm home, it's too hot to game inside until late in the evening so I sit outside with my e-reader or Switch) and I've got plans this weekend. I'll probably start for reals on the event around the weekend of the fourteenth since I'm keeping that one free of appointments so I can relax a bit, and I'll take my five games on a three day rotation from there, with some taking longer due to days that I really can't put any gaming time in anything.

Checking my list, I'll probably use that free weekend for either MagRunner or Rayman 3, so I can put some effort into getting through the entire games and because it's easier to play on PS3 for me during the weekend, what with it being in the mancave with the SNES and the N64.. On weekdays, I'll stick to PS4 and Switch gaming as they're connected to the living room television.

11 hours ago, Beyondthegrave07 said:

Okay, let me start off that I was always more of a Spyro the Dragon fan than Crash Bandicoot fan.

Back in the day, I was always surprised that people could be a huge fan of either, as I felt neither came close to the quality that the Mario games had.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Beyondthegrave07 said:

Year of the Dragon was my favorite. I 100%ed that one a few times as a kid and I played and beat all of them. I'm really looking forward to the remake and hope that it's as good as I remember!

Same for me here, I've played through it countless times when I was a kid. If I were to learn to speedrun a game it would either be this one, the first Jak and Daxter or one of the Ratchet and Clank games. I've played through them so many times, it's incredible how fast I can play through them now without even using any speedrun glitches and/or strategies.

5 hours ago, Cthulhu said:

What the shitzu, @xFalionx is alive?!

Great start on the event, all. As it is now, I'm too busy to game a lot at home (when I'm home, it's too hot to game inside until late in the evening so I sit outside with my e-reader or Switch) and I've got plans this weekend. I'll probably start for reals on the event around the weekend of the fourteenth since I'm keeping that one free of appointments so I can relax a bit, and I'll take my five games on a three day rotation from there, with some taking longer due to days that I really can't put any gaming time in anything.

Checking my list, I'll probably use that free weekend for either MagRunner or Rayman 3, so I can put some effort into getting through the entire games and because it's easier to play on PS3 for me during the weekend, what with it being in the mancave with the SNES and the N64.. On weekdays, I'll stick to PS4 and Switch gaming as they're connected to the living room television.

Yeah, seems like @Hemiak managed to resurrect me because all possible factors aligned perfectly this month: my internship, summer break, and finally KYC (also me noticing sort-of in time :)). If only my PS3 would magically start reading discs again my place would be secured but who knows if the gates of the underworld will draw me back once this month is over. But yeah, the next two years are gonna be very hard on me as every grade I'll get during that time will influence the results of my finals which means even less time for gaming. Well, let's see what the future has in store for me, maybe I'll find the time to stay semi-active on here. It's a great community after all and I am much better off now than when I left.  

Back in the day, I was always surprised that people could be a huge fan of either, as I felt neither came close to the quality that the Mario games had.

That's because you compare them to Mario... Of course Mario games are better Mario games than Spyro, Crash, Sonic and co. Spyro games are very good games, though. I loved playing my Mario games for very different reasons that I loved playing my Spyro games. However, for some reason I was never a big fan of Crash Bandicoot. I think it was because of the linear levels, I always preferred some nice, open 3D levels. That would also explain my general dislike of cramped caves and tunnels in games...

Edit: 

On a side note, my game polls are fighting a tough race. It's gonna be very interesting to see which games I will end up playing. :D 

Edited by xFalionx
  • Like 2