It's the PSNP Spelling Bee (yes it rhymes)

Still forgot to download Lost Grimoire but I have started up the N and got 11 trophies already in Ni no Kuni II. Probably never gonna go near the DLC trophies unless I want to strangle myself. Yeah, I am very allergic to any hard mode in a game because I'm worried I'll get my ass kicked, which says a lot as I have to do Kingdom Hearts Critical Mode for every game in the series to get all of the trophies in them. xD Still, it's worth a little look into. At least they warn you that these new bosses are not for the faint of heart (or wimpy of gamer) by forcing you to change the difficulty to Hard mode to fight them.

Also, I was trying to get one of those trophies in NNK2 to be the one to get me to Rank 14 Trophywise but sadly they are all bronze and not worth enough points. I don't really want the trophy to get me to Rank 14 to be one from Enigmatis 2 but at this rate it will be because I have to complete that game as my 24th platinum. (Disgaea 5 will be my 25th platinum by hook or by crook!) Not that I don't like The Mists of Ravenwood(I find it my favorite of the series) but I would want that honor to go to a bigger budget title than some company in Sweden. *sigh*

Right now I am just playing Ni No Kuni 1 on my new PS3 while letting my kingguilders accrue on my PS4. Good luck to everyone who is going to start their "word" tomorrow. I have a dentist appointment bright and early tomorrow morning, then I have to buy groceries for the week so I won't be gaming until the afternoon, but I'll start knocking out the Eventide games then. :)

EDIT: Ni no Kuni is a bust for now, the flippin' electricity went out while I was in Chapter 4(luckily I had saved) and I have to do Enigmatis 2 to get it as my 24th platinum.

Edited by DragonQuest238

5 hours ago, DeepEyes7 said:

Well I want to join, we will see which word I will get in the end (I don't need to decide it now, right?), the event starts on GMT+0 time, right? (In a little more than seven hours...)

No, you don't need to decide on a word right away, every platinum game that you clear is added as a kind of Scrabble letter that you can use to make a word. It will help you figure out what you got and what you should aim for.

OK sorry everyone. As I said I am working crazy hours right now so I get like 1 or 2 hours a day to actually have free time and on Sundays I have lots of yard work and house work to do.

So it is 5:16pm CST time here so we will go with CST time. I will make a post at Midnight when everyone can start up. 

As of this post there will be no one else allowed to enter...so anyone before this is good to go. 

• Like 2

On 8/10/2018 at 1:52 PM, NetEntity said:

Friday is rolling to a close, so I guess I should bite the bullet already.

As I've said before, I will be attempting the bonus badge, because I'm a fool. 

Preliminary [?] List:

A - Another World [PS3/Vita/PS4]

U - Uncanny Valley [PS4/Vita]

Maybe I missed a change but aren't the games are supposed to have a platinum trophy IOT count?

55 minutes ago, Kevvik said:

Maybe I missed a change but aren't the games are supposed to have a platinum trophy IOT count?

Yes, they do need a platinum to count.

@NetEntity and I need to find something else... I was just looking at games in my backlog when I saw Uncanny Valley and could have sworn it had a plat xD Guess it's Unholy Heights for me instead!

3 hours ago, eigen-space said:

Yes, they do need a platinum to count.

@NetEntity and I need to find something else... I was just looking at games in my backlog when I saw Uncanny Valley and could have sworn it had a plat xD Guess it's Unholy Heights for me instead!

This is why I don't tend to spell words in my backlog with U in them. I have a U game... but it's for jem's thread. (Unravel)

Anyways, it's the 13th in my area. Anyone already bashing their heads in to get their words spelt out of the gate? I have to go to bed, sadly - I have to get up REAL early to get my teeth fixed(more dang cavities :() then I have to rub my jaw constantly while buying food I won't be able to eat until the 14th so I am going to add insult to injury by trying to plat my D-title, Disgaea 5. (I just have to clear two little stages... but they are the Carnage Stages and not even my carefully groomed Sage can bust enough damage to take out all of these enemies before they wipe her out. Then I'll spend all day farming stupid shards to try to get some more stats or have to reincarnate her a zillion times to boost her stats up. Has anyone figured out how those uber Disgaea fans get their guys up to 20 mil in stats without using any boosts?)

Huh, I haven't noticed that the games must be platinum only, my bad. In this case, I guess I'll need to switch the word. All Us and As in my backlog are either huge timesinks or 100% games, so there goes the bonus badge... now that I think about it, there's no good plat titles with vowels in general, so I guess I'll need to pull out. Shucks, was looking forward to it, but oh well.

Edited by NetEntity

10 hours ago, NetEntity said:

Huh, I haven't noticed that the games must be platinum only, my bad. In this case, I guess I'll need to switch the word. All Us and As in my backlog are either huge timesinks or 100% games, so there goes the bonus badge... now that I think about it, there's no good plat titles with vowels in general, so I guess I'll need to pull out. Shucks, was looking forward to it, but oh well.

10 hours ago, DamagingRob said:

Well, I have one game done, if it counts since I popped it 10 minutes before that post (after midnight, though). Otherwise, I'm most likely going to be changing words. The only other U game I have unfinished is not happening (Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3). 1f605.png

"The best laid plains of mice and men..." :P Sorry to hear you don't feel like you can participate, NetEntity. Have you thought about Undertale? I heard it was an easy platinum.

Although to be honest, I am tempted to edit my word a bit and switch out my D-title and my plans for Platinum #25. Not that Disgaea 5 isn't doable, it is just that final trophy... :( I could probably platinum Dark Cloud in the 20 days it would take to get farming enough prisoners to extract into stat potions so my Sage has a chance in the Netherworld of clearing the last stage before the Carnage Dark battle, which is easier because I can probably get enough damage off of him to destroy him with my 20 million INT Sage with fully boosted Tera Star and the right evilities.

I am not going to count Disgaea 5 out yet, but I would like to get some work done on my other games and platinum them soon. I am going to try some evility combos for a few hours(since I have to wait to chew stuff because I had a filling done and my jaw hurts like heck so I have to distract my mouth by having it cuss vocally after I get wiped a zillion times on Carnage Outer Demise), but if it fails, it fails and I'm swapping out the D game for Dark Cloud, which has a bug that you can exploit to get the best weapons before leaving the first dungeon. ?

Edited by DragonQuest238

So I am going to get the two L's done this week, as I downloaded both to my console last night, and I plan on playing them after work today and tomorrow. Hopefully by the end of the month I can have my A and one S, leaving my I, N, S, and T as the last ones to get for next month.

I'd have to buy Trove still. So there is a chance my T game may change.

That's the only update I have right now.

Am I in time to sign up? :)

Well, I've been trying hard to get a possible 5 word... But looking at other events I'm already participating and the fact that this event ends on 30th of September, I'm not going to be too ambicious and go for VHS for now. If I manage to complete it quite soon, I might evolve it to a SHAVE or SHOVE, if possible. Sadly, do not have enough time nor games for the bonus word. Therefore:

Valkyria Chronicles Remastered

Heavy Rain

Sly Cooper 2

59 minutes ago, Caju_94 said:

Am I in time to sign up? :)

Well, I've been trying hard to get a possible 5 word... But looking at other events I'm already participating and the fact that this event ends on 30th of September, I'm not going to be too ambicious and go for VHS for now. If I manage to complete it quite soon, I might evolve it to a SHAVE or SHOVE, if possible. Sadly, do not have enough time nor games for the bonus word. Therefore:

Valkyria Chronicles Remastered

Heavy Rain

Sly Cooper 2

Hey sorry, if you go back a page you will see I had a Cut Off post (which was actually a day later than I said the cut off would be). The contest is in full swing now :D Also VHS stands for Video Home System so that would be a lot of games to plat :P

Good job on all the plats already. I personally platted Swapquest yesterday. A game I do not recommend to anyone unless you want a pretty quick platinum.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Metal Slime King said:

Trove is a free to play, mega-grind. You wouldn't have to pay for it (?) but you wouldn't be done by the time this event is over.

Then I may just go with another T game..or change my word.

I really want to go with I-N-S-T-A-L-L-S, but maybe I can do S-A-I-L-S instead. I'll do those letters first, and then if there is time, I may try and go for the N, T, and last L.

1 hour ago, Dr_Mayus said:

Hey sorry, if you go back a page you will see I had a Cut Off post (which was actually a day later than I said the cut off would be). The contest is in full swing now :D Also VHS stands for Video Home System so that would be a lot of games to plat :P

Good job on all the plats already. I personally platted Swapquest yesterday. A game I do not recommend to anyone unless you want a pretty quick platinum.

Ups, lack of attention, sorry... :P Thanks anyway!

• Like 1

Going to change my D-title to Dark Cloud. I tried to improve the power of my Sage in Disgaea 5 but failed. I don't really have the time to farm for shards and extracts because that time is going to completing Ni no Kuni II. Also already decided to do another Artifcex Mundi game for my 25th platinum. It's a cop-out, I know, but I have so many of these point-and-clicks I need to go through. Wasted $25 on three months of PS+ for my account so I could download saves from the cloud but was looking to download a Disgaea 5 save from someone else's site which has all the uber characters so i could just get that stupid Carnage Dark trophy, but didn't figure out how to downloaded an online save so I am putting Disgaea 5 on hold for now. :(

37 minutes ago, DragonQuest238 said:

Going to change my D-title to Dark Cloud. I tried to improve the power of my Sage in Disgaea 5 but failed. I don't really have the time to farm for shards and extracts because that time is going to completing Ni no Kuni II. Also already decided to do another Artifcex Mundi game for my 25th platinum. It's a cop-out, I know, but I have so many of these point-and-clicks I need to go through. Wasted $25 on three months of PS+ for my account so I could download saves from the cloud but was looking to download a Disgaea 5 save from someone else's site which has all the uber characters so i could just get that stupid Carnage Dark trophy, but didn't figure out how to downloaded an online save so I am putting Disgaea 5 on hold for now. :(

Please definitely don't download someone else's online save.  It's something that is against the site/leaderboard rules here and is extremely frowned upon.

2 minutes ago, Mesopithecus said:

Please definitely don't download someone else's online save.  It's something that is against the site/leaderboard rules here and is extremely frowned upon.

Okay, thanks for warning me about that. Guess I'll have to grind out a zillion more shards. :( Is hiring someone to earn that last trophy for you considered illegal too? I know of a guy who has a trophy service where you give him your account briefly and he earns trophies for you. I know that giving your account to complete strangers, even if they promise to delete the account from their PS4 after they earn the trophies, is highly suspect but this guy seems to be an honest guy and part of me is getting super frustrated at Carnage Dark laughing at me for not having the patience to complete Disgaea 5's post game.

Going to work on Eventide then as my 25th platinum then work on my Summer Backlog a bit.

Edited by DragonQuest238