advice on the trials and valyries

rockstarjazz

i have only beaten 2 trial rooms and 2 valyries. i am on level 6 (the number it says above my stats) and my blades and sword are one level short of max.

i have maxed my light and heavy runic attacks. i have also maxed my health and rage, and my rage attacks.

i am struggling in getting these done. will maxing out my blades and sword help at all? what else can i do to make these easier? i noticed i have bought every skill except the blades marked '5'

Runic Attacks can make a big difference - I personally used the wolf summon for Atreus, and the Nordic Storm (?) for Kratos. Other than that, it's just a lot of trial and error, getting to know the Valkyries attack patterns so you can dodge accordingly. Don't bother with blocking too much, since many of their attacks can't be blocked anyway.

Also, make sure to go in with a resurrection stone (can be bought) and a full rage-meter. You can use the rage meter to regain some health when you're in a tough spot.

Be patient, and don't take too many unnecessary risks. And yes, upgrading your weapons to the max helps, albeit not as much as everything mentioned above.

Good luck!

• Like 2

Start with the other challenge realm, can't remember the name lol. Learn it, max out that gear. It's probably the easiest high end gear to maxed out. 

Get maxed out gear, equip high level enhancements, try to get the infinity gauntlet maxed. The way level scaling works, having a higher level helps a ton. If you can get to 9 you'll be in prime shape. Not to mention, the infinity gauntlet is like having a free runic.

It really helps to have Singri's armor or the plate at the very least due to its buff that allows you to be invincible when casting a runic attack occasionally but it's a great set for its cooldown and runic bonuses which are really key to trials and valkyrie fights. Stat wise, Runic and Cooldown are of the utmost importance

If u use atreus shock arrows in combination with kratos attacks it seems to give both a bonus and does a ton of damage (shoot arrows constantly while also attacking). Also for the trials that require u to not get hit just find a nice corner hold block so ur basically invulnerable and use atreus to kill everything.

If you are 1 away from Max on your weapons then no won't help because you get the last pieces to upgrade them from the trials and from the acid got world I forget the name and u can't actually upgrade till late/post game

Edited by Taliesin_2943

1 minute ago, Taliesin_2943 said:

If u use atreus shock arrows in combination with kratos attacks it seems to give both a bonus and does a ton of damage (shoot arrows constantly while also attacking). Also for the trials that require u to not get hit just find a nice corner hold block so ur basically invulnerable and use atreus to kill everything.

This is heavily dependent on the difficulty you're playing on because on harder difficulties Atreus' arrows won't do that much damage

the only thing standing between me and the plat is this queen.

i cant beat her even on easy. its just not possible.

shes too fast and my reflexes arent fast enough! and whenever she flashes the room i am dead. i cant get close to her and when shes in the air i use the boy's arrows but it proves useless half the time as it does no effect. i have high strength, runic and cooldown. I HATE THE COOLDOWN. it takes forever to use moves again!

and this is just on easy. i imagine its impossible to do on impossible difficulty, the stupid designers probably never tested how hard this is.

8 minutes ago, rockstarjazz said:

the only thing standing between me and the plat is this queen.

i cant beat her even on easy. its just not possible.

shes too fast and my reflexes arent fast enough! and whenever she flashes the room i am dead. i cant get close to her and when shes in the air i use the boy's arrows but it proves useless half the time as it does no effect. i have high strength, runic and cooldown. I HATE THE COOLDOWN. it takes forever to use moves again!

and this is just on easy. i imagine its impossible to do on impossible difficulty, the stupid designers probably never tested how hard this is.

I haven't played GoW in awhile but here goes...

Yes you can beat her, just takes a bit of practice. Trust me, i nearly destroyed my PS4 when i started fighting her.

The only moves that is a bit annoying is when she jumps in the air and drops on to you. I didn't bother to dodge it as it's pretty hard too.

I recommend being level 7 at minimum, i'd at least have sindri's armor. The cool-down it gives your runic attacks is extremely good. What runic attacks you use is up to you but i recommend high damage/stun attacks. As for "the Boy" definitely use the bores, they have a quick cool-down and can stun the queen and stop her from doing some attacks to you- Untill she isn't in a stuned state.

The Res stone that gives max health is good. You can use the rage one but it's up to you.

In all -

Have fully upgraded armor - either sindri's or a set of mist armor, found in Musplehiem. Out of the 3 sets available, deadly mist seems the best but yet again up to your personal preference.

Have fully upgraded runic attacks that deal high damage and or stun - damage seems the better option.

Have a res stone, either the one that gives full health or the one that gives full rage.

Use your rage before you die for the first time, can restore your health and drain her life.

Run away when she uses the flash ability, can stun her with the bow but it seems inconsistent.

Practice, practice, practice - take a break when you get angry, trust me playing while angry will reduce your skill & ability to dodge the moves that are easily avoided.

Being an asshat ain't going to help. The designers would have tested it, its a game made by, Sony. They wouldn't get away without out testing it.

Best of Luck to you.

• Like 1

well Mr 'Asshat', i managed to beat her, after 4 hours of doing so. play defensively and attack after she's attempted an attack and looks like she's breifly resting. i did all 4 runic attacks, plus atreus wolves to stun her and if close to dying, use the rage, and when dead, use the rage again, L1 to throw earth at her, and resume counter attacking. i did this on easy which was enough for me. maybe i'm getting old but i definitely wouldnt be able to do this on the hardest difficulty unless i have too much time on my hands.

Edited by rockstarjazz

11 hours ago, rockstarjazz said:

well Mr 'Asshat', i managed to beat her, after 4 hours of doing so. play defensively and attack after she's attempted an attack and looks like she's breifly resting. i did all 4 runic attacks, plus atreus wolves to stun her and if close to dying, use the rage, and when dead, use the rage again, L1 to throw earth at her, and resume counter attacking. i did this on easy which was enough for me. maybe i'm getting old but i definitely wouldnt be able to do this on the hardest difficulty unless i have too much time on my hands.

Wow, good for you... 

• 2 months later...
14 hours ago, cjl73185 said:

I just tried the queen for the first time and it's painful.  But 40% got the trophy so I need to go back to the work shop and upgrade my stuff a lil more turn just practice.  But she's an evil bitch for sure

Just like the guide says, you better farm equipments on Niflheim first. Fighting the Queen should be the last trophy you attempt to obtain.

Ivaldi's Deadly Mist armor set is your bestfriend. B)

• 1 month later...

All I am going to say is the queen is crazy.  I tried for 6 hours yesterday to beat her and still couldnt do it.  The difficulty between her and the others is insane.  Ive watched the videos, and I cannot duplicate it.  Had to put it away for a while before I smashed my controller through the damn tv.

• 4 weeks later...
On 20/11/2018 at 1:47 PM, Veris-Luna said:

All I am going to say is the queen is crazy.  I tried for 6 hours yesterday to beat her and still couldnt do it.  The difficulty between her and the others is insane.  Ive watched the videos, and I cannot duplicate it.  Had to put it away for a while before I smashed my controller through the damn tv.

What difficulty are you playing on?

• 4 weeks later...

So I treated all the fights like it was a fighting game (tekken) and it worked fairly well. The biggest tip I can tell anyone is SIDESTEP/DODGE EVERYTHING TO THE RIGHT, a lot of their unblockable moves have a better chance of actually hitting you if you dodge to the left, this is called tracking in tekken. A lot of others in this thread have mentioned spamming abilities and they are completely right, go crazy with them, some abilities give you invincible frames so you can actually activate them in the middle of a Valkyrie's attacks and it will stun them, allowing you to attack them. 

Just for reference I'll put out my equipment for anyone who wants to be sure they are ready to take on the queen. I had a full set of Ivaldi's Deadly Mist armor, they weren't fully upgraded. I used the Talisman of the Realms because it gives you a small window to run over to health pickups without worrying about enemy attacks, even though you only have a couple seconds. I don't think you need to use the runic attacks I used but I used Njord Tempest, Thiazi Talon, Wrath of Artemis, and Hyperion Grapple. To be honest, any runic abilities with very quick cooldowns are good. My Kratos is only level 7 so don't stress about powerleveling. 

To sum up, SIDESTEP/DODGE TO THE RIGHT and SPAM ABILITIES (Preferably abilities with quick cooldowns). All the bosses fight fairly similar so take the time to understand all the different moves they can do and dodge and punish accordingly. They are stressful bosses but there is almost always an answer to these enemies' moves. If you're getting bodied by them, take a second and look at what you're getting hit with. Good luck everyone!