A cool new statistic ?

A cool new statistic ?  

243 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think adding a graphic about your average completion progression would be a good thing ?

• Yes
    • No

32 minutes ago, FilmFanatic said:

There seems to be some confusion here (or is it just me). The OP wants a graph for average completion rate but multiple people here are talking about their profile completion rate. Average completion is shown on the stats page via the green pie chart. It is the average completion per game. Profile completion rate is how many points you have earned out of the total possible points you can earn and is shown on your profile header between completed games and unearned trophies. For example my average completion rate per game is 93.39% meanwhile my profile completion rate is 92.49%. Are people wanting a graph for average completion per game and profile completion rate?

I am glad you have explained how the 2 numbers are different. I wasn't sure how the profile page number was calculated. 

8 minutes ago, Satoshi Ookami said:

I understand.
Maybe PSNP can take the % we got one day in the month (the 15th for example) to make this graph or take the average completition number of all the days in the month.

Sorry for the misleading, I was thinking about the "profile completion rate" (which is also an average), not the "average completion rate".

Glad to see all your messages and votes ! So it wasn't a stupid idea :-)

I would totally love this!

I discovered this site last january and I have been chasing better stats ever since.

I also had a lot of playstation plus games where I only got 1 trophy in and because of these stats I went back and finished some of those games to raise my average completion.

It would be awesome to see that progression in a chart like this!

I like the idea, still do. I posted a similar graph a couple of years ago in a similar thread.

Completion.JPG

To do the calculation would require a game to be installed and a trophy earned for it to register as part of your completion percentage. I know this is nitpicking but the completion percentage may not be completely accurate as a game may not have DLC released at the time you play the game. An easy example to use here is that my completion percentage two days ago was 83.48%. Now DLC for Rocket League has been released it's dropped to 83.34%. The site would only recognise the highest point it is now of 83.34%. I don't think anyone would really mind that though.

You could of course adapt it to the dates DLC were released but that would be a massive headache.

I really hope it's something that does get added, it's a cool graph.

Edited by FawltyPowers
Extra detail
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, FawltyPowers said:

~snip~

wow, pretty cool graphic hou have there...

In another point it would be nice to see for each game how the plat rarity changes overtime as more people get the game and plat it, I do it myself just for fun because normally plats got "rarer" with time, and even add a line of tendency to estimate when a plat could became UR XD... I know, I'm an excel nerd too u_u (My last estimate for MGS2 (PS3) plat to became UR is April 16 2019, fingers crossed XD)...

Edited by DeepEyes7

26 minutes ago, DeepEyes7 said:

wow, pretty cool graphic hou have there...

In another point it would be nice to see for each game how the plat rarity changes overtime as more people get the game and plat it, I do it myself just for fun because normally plats got "rarer" with time, and even add a line of tendency to estimate when a plat could became UR XD... I know, I'm an excel nerd too u_u (My last estimate for MGS2 (PS3) plat to became UR is April 16 2019, fingers crossed XD)...

TPjilD0.jpg

Yes it would be good to have rarity movement, but it would require a retention of that data. I download data from PSNP on the first of the month and it updates my rarity figures. I have found it interesting to monitor.

As for MGS2, you're right, it's gradually getting there. I started tracking it in April 2017 and it's moved 0.32% in that time. 0.01% last month, will see again tomorrow, so far it's 5.09% so another 0.01% movement to Ultra Rare. Could well be April next year as you say the way it's moving.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, FawltyPowers said:

Yes it would be good to have rarity movement, but it would require a retention of that data. I download data from PSNP on the first of the month and it updates my rarity figures. I have found it interesting to monitor.

As for MGS2, you're right, it's gradually getting there. I started tracking it in April 2017 and it's moved 0.32% in that time. 0.01% last month, will see again tomorrow, so far it's 5.09% so another 0.01% movement to Ultra Rare. Could well be April next year as you say the way it's moving.

That's a pretty cool work you have there, congrats! (I feel like a noob just watching at that XD) I didn't know that you could download data from PSNP =(, but yeah it's interesting to monitor how everything changes from time to time...

I track them with longer intervals and not fixed so I don't have too much points so it's not that accurate, but it seems that with time the rate of change decreases too so a linear tendency isn't that accurate and it could take more time =(

If the graph does backdate that'd be interesting, I'm curious when I've been at my highest and lowest all-time. If it also says your totals (trophy and unearned) alongside it. I've always wanted to know what my lowest completion has ever been and my highest amount of unearned but I can't find many archived moments of my profile, especially data from before I existed on PSNP database.

• 2 weeks later...

I just came to the forum to suggest this for average and/or profile library total completion.

About 2 years ago I was in a pretty bad phase and got pissed at me that I bought all the games I was interested in, but almost never got around to keep playing them, after a new one was started. On the one hand from a financial standpoint, on the other hand the memories years later and wondering why I hadn't finished them. By then, my completion was as low as 12,x%. Since then, I got my first and another 19 plats and was able to raise the completion to 20,14% as of now, with an average of I think 22,x% even.

Soo, yeah, glad I don't seem to be the only one having interest in this.

• 3 years later...

Thanks to this thread being out there, I actually understand what that green pie graph is for.

So basically my total completion percentage as of this date is whats on my profiles banner, or around 88%, yet the green chart within the statistics page says that of each game I play I typically get 92% out of 100% of the trophies available.

Would be really cool to see more personal stat options for the site. I know a lot of people that set their yearly goal for raising their completion percentage, so it would be nice to actually see that in a graph format, but I doubt it gets added to the site.

Someone would need to ask Husky to add it to PSNP+ because this site doesn't get new features anymore.

• 2 weeks later...
6 minutes ago, FawltyPowers said:

ePxHGY5.jpg

Your completion rate has been steadily increasing for the past 3 years and is currently at the highest it's been (Ignore Maximum Achievable Completion, it may/may not be accurate)

Thanks, that’s brilliant. Where did you get these data from?