is it worth starting this now?

BoozyFrog

i only got a ps4 a week or two ago and I'm wondering if its worth playing this game now with all the extra content and things. I see things on the trophy list like guild tasks and level 500 as well as the new dungeon delve thing.

is it worth it for a new fresh player with no guild or anything? I've heard most guilds are either casual and will never get the trophy or are so hardcore they demand like a million gold a week etc wich is impossible for new players.

just looking for some info on this.

I'd say yeah, it's worth the hassle. Sure, trophy list keeps getting longer every now and then. It's gotten quite grindy, but most trophies are pretty easy to achieve. There's a few exceptions like getting the 2 vaults which was easier in the early days. Regarding the guild trophies... well there's always people looking for active guilds. I for example have someone on my friend's list who is actually lookig for one such guild. You can try boosting here or try your luck at community.gemsofwar.com. There's even a guild chat here. Plus, now you can grind a few of the trophies at the same time, like getting higher levels, grinding for money, getting resources for Xathenos or waiting for a Vault Gnome to appear. This has been made easier.

I would say the majority of the trophies are completely doable. Couple of drawbacks to the game are that it is extremely card dependent and with the game being so well established it gets harder and harder to get specific cards over time. The game is highly focused on PvP and after a while I stalled out on PVP until I got one great card then I jumped up in my win/loss ratio and hit another stumbling block until getting another great card to complement it, etc. Until that point I basically did a bit of PVP each week but after that I am able to get to Rank PvP every week in one day.

The other drawback is that after the latest patch there are basically multiple daily events going on that if you don't participate in will result in missed loot. Basically plan on putting in 1-2 hours minimum each day to do everything available for maximum rewards. On top of that each event has a list of items that can be bought via in game premium currency to make them easier or to get specific cards. They give a good amount of ways in game to earn the currency, but not enough to even keep up with all the events.

Oh and the latest patch added a trophy about a month ago that I've only heard of one person getting so far and that was on the Xbox. So considering that the game has been out over 2 years and there are people playing it 5+ hours a day regularly resulting in no one of the PS side of things (that I'm aware of) completing a trophy in one month sound like it will be a tough one to 100% assuming no new trophies are ever added..... 

23 hours ago, BoozyFrog said:

I've started playing and enjoying it so far,just working through the quests. Done broken spire. Sent my invite code to you filoogaroo hope to join your guild soon.

So you know, if you want to ensure someone receives a message, place an @ symsbol in front of their name, and then click their ID when you see it, like so: @BoozyFrog.  

Bottom line - if you enjoy a game, play it!  If you are worried about your completion stats or trophies, you might miss out on some great games.  I play ESO and don't really care about the stats; I enjoy being in a Guild and just the whole MP experience.  If I get a trophy, then great!

• 4 weeks later...

We have trophy hunting based guild with basically no requirements other than be somewhat active player, anything else is voluntary. We're doing Team Synergy once in a while, so you'd get it before hitting lvl 500 for sure. I don't know how are things with you now, but if you or anyone else is interested, send me message on psn.

Also, it's a massive grind to achieve 100% and devs keep adding new features/trophies, so unless you really like this type of games or don't mind leaving it unfinished, I wouldn't recommend it trophy-wise. It's a great game though ☺️

edit: well it's lvl 1000 now ?

Edited by czDante92
game update

7 hours ago, Dr-ZeRoCo said:

Well new DLC says reach level 1000 wich i was scared off.

Nothing is worst than the only gold trophy in the game... instead releasing new troops for each faction to make that trophy “achievable”, they release new crap. Thought shit these devs -_-

The level 1000 trophy is grindy, but there are plenty of ways to cut down the necessary work for it if you put in some time and have a guild that can help you out.

On the other hand, the trophy for reaching the maximum possible renown in a single faction is brutal.  Which is probably why PSN still has it at 0.0% several weeks after its' release, because it's just that hard.

Yeah, the delve related trophy is a huge grind. I'm not seeing myself getting it for a long time. I've gotten to level 210 with all seeing eye faction but I'm not seeing a way to beat it until I level the treasure up an insane amount. The delves are the worst. Can spend 20-30 minutes doing one at higher levels and then get unlucky on the last match and get basically nothing. Nothing like 20 minutes to get a few 100 glory. Guess it is better than 0 glory, but honestly the only reason I run them is for the new shards and gold to level the treasure horde up. Quite the vicious cycle...

Then again at least another week or so before I can get the new trophy they just added since the Doom Tower (or whatever it is lol) event doesn't start for a few days.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Nutrageous69 said:

Yeah, the delve related trophy is a huge grind. I'm not seeing myself getting it for a long time. I've gotten to level 210 with all seeing eye faction but I'm not seeing a way to beat it until I level the treasure up an insane amount. The delves are the worst. Can spend 20-30 minutes doing one at higher levels and then get unlucky on the last match and get basically nothing. Nothing like 20 minutes to get a few 100 glory. Guess it is better than 0 glory, but honestly the only reason I run them is for the new shards and gold to level the treasure horde up. Quite the vicious cycle...

Then again at least another week or so before I can get the new trophy they just added since the Doom Tower (or whatever it is lol) event doesn't start for a few days.

You can always stay on lvl 20 in one delve and use it as "farming" delve, just upgrade treasure horde to 10 quality and then you can stop ugrading it and concentrate on delve you want to max out, I did this with Sea of Sorrow and even though I use soul farming team, delve is completely finished under 10 minutes, so if you'd use some effective team, Dragons for example, it could possibly be done in 5 minutes. And if you want to do delve events and collect it's rewards, just do all rooms except "boss" fight and you'll stay on lvl 20.