Telltale Games closing down

Gwendly

1 minute ago, aZombieDictator said:

You didn't actually read the article did you? They canceled the final season of the walking dead. 

There's two posts above yours with the post about it.

And that is just a pic of a random guy. I searched all the big game sites. There is no one saying the final season is cancelled 

Edited by rolltideroll157

5 minutes ago, rolltideroll157 said:

The second one comes out Tuesday and there is only 4 total. So two are left and the people that are left are finishing the last 2 episodes

They're absolutely not finishing that game. Reports are saying it's dead. They're just finishing up their Netflix commitments because that's probably the biggest contract they had. I think it's over. 

In saying that, a wouldn't be surprised if a company purchased them &/or finished these products for the 'good will' Lots of licensing conflicts obviously so it wouldn't be someone like THQ too much red tape. A Sony or Microsoft though... Most likely Microsoft because they're desperate for anything. Personally, & I understand how ridiculous this is... I would love to see Sony go in on it, give it to Media Molecule & just go "work it out" those episodes can be pushed quick. With a better engine & some of the old staff for the knowledge. Cause MM is absolutely a dead studio walking as well. They need an established IP to stay alive. Anyhow, that would never happen but I'd be cool. They're a talented tech studio. 

I'd have thought that surely finishing S4 of TWD falls under the "company's obligations" from their official statement. This isn't like Blues and Bullets where people had only paid for episode 1 and 2 - Telltale actively removed the option to buy individual episodes here: people have paid for a full season, and if they're that broke I don't see them being able to refund everyone. 

Still, I guess we won't know for sure until they make a statement either way. But I'm not sure I'll be able to really enjoy episode 2 on Tuesday now not knowing if there will be any more. 

• Like 1

Just now, Lance_87 said:

They can't accept the truth lol.

Can't accept the truth? lol seriously check ign,gamespot, gameinformer and even telltale themselves. The CEO of telltale has said they aren't being shut down completely that they will complete their obligations for the foreseeable future. Which would most likely include finishing this game. The tweet y'all are referring too is someone jumping to conclusions because I have yet to see this info circulate on any actual game sites.

Not gonna lie, sorta heartbroken about this news. I realize some people aren't massive fans of their stuff (and sure, none of it is Dostoevsky-caliber writing), but I really loved their brand, thought their people were talented, and can't think of a single game of their's that I disliked. Was really looking forward to playing the conclusion to their TWD series (which was better than both the comic books and the TV series, in my opinion), that second season of Wolf Among Us, and their Stranger Things title. RIP Telltale, wish their former staff the best.

• Like 1

So I've been browsing the telltale tag on Twitter and it looks like AAA companies are trying to pick up all the people they got laid off. I saw Gearbox, Ubisoft, even the Hyper Light Drifter telling these people to send in applications to them.

I'm sure all the people that worked at Telltale will be in a better place soon. I would definitely love to see the people that worked on Tales get picked up for Gearbox. 

There's some light in this situation. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, rolltideroll157 said:

Can't accept the truth? lol seriously check ign,gamespot, gameinformer and even telltale themselves. The CEO of telltale has said they aren't being shut down completely that they will complete their obligations for the foreseeable future. Which would most likely include finishing this game. The tweet y'all are referring too is someone jumping to conclusions because I have yet to see this info circulate on any actual game sites.

How about you just look at the article mentioned in the twitter post?

https://www.usgamer.net/articles/report-telltale-games-shutting-down-the-wolf-among-us-2-and-stranger-things-canceled

It's not someone jumping to conclusions, it's a varied number of sources (Most probably the now ex-employees themselves) saying it's cancelled.

So much confusion. I hope someone clears the air soon!

30 minutes ago, GoodbyeBread said:

So what happens to the games? You can't purchase them?

They’ll probably be up a bit longer, so grab any you don’t have that you want. Even if it’s delisted, you can still download them.

Edited by Spyro

1 hour ago, Milktastrophe said:

Hopefully they have a going of business sale. I want the Vita stacks but I don't want to pay $30 or whatever for them.

I have enjoyed each of the TellTale games I've played, but I straight up stopped even considering to buy them since they were free on PS Plus so often.

lol, I'd buy them all for like $1. But they're more likely to get de-listed without notice.