Servers are extremely unstable.

B1rvine

As of about 12:05AM EST, I'm getting the "Unable to contact the Twisted Metal server. Try again later." message.

The servers seem to be offline.  RIP Twisted Metal Online.

Seems to be back after an hour of being down...  Anyway, don't wait.

Edited by B1rvine
  • Like 3

I thought so it was false alarm, yesterday I got the same msg about servers too but after game restart servers were still up.

This is happening when I just completed 3xPS3 6xDS and 1xDVD with game.

SONY, please make.believe that THIS IS 4 THE PLAYERS and give us 10 more days!!!

Edited by bratMario
  • Like 1

People always complained about the servers for this game for being always unstable... so as you might expect, since a lot of people are now trying the platinum for this game within a month (don’t even know how), more unstable they become lately.

36 minutes ago, BHK3 said:

Sony Santa Monica are in...well Santa Monica California. They control a lot of games, give it like another hour this and PSABR should be down. If not, well DO IT QUICK!!

Another hour? Both games were supposed to close on 25th, what’s the rush?

Edited by TurtlePM
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, Smashero said:

But the date was changed to 15th.

Thank you, didn’t know about this :o

somehow I heard (some time ago) that companies are “obliged” to communicate their servers closure, at least, 1 month before... which is the case.

I know some games close earlier and/or without warning, but I always got this idea of “obligation” and consequences afterwards...

55 minutes ago, TurtlePM said:

somehow I heard (some time ago) that companies are “obliged” to communicate their servers closure, at least, 1 month before... which is the case.

I know some games close earlier and/or without warning, but I always got this idea of “obligation” and consequences afterwards...

I'm not sure where you got that idea, maybe it was some particular company's policy your read. For example, the store listing for one of EA's games states "Online features can be discontinued at any time with 30 days’ notice". The store listing for the Twisted Metal network pass (EU region at least) says "Network features may be withdrawn on reasonable notice". Is less than 2 weeks considered "reasonable notice"? Not as far as I'm concerned.

1 hour ago, TurtlePM said:

50 minutes ago, mekktor said:

I'm not sure where you got that idea, maybe it was some particular company's policy your read. For example, the store listing for one of EA's games states "Online features can be discontinued at any time with 30 days’ notice". The store listing for the Twisted Metal network pass (EU region at least) says "Network features may be withdrawn on reasonable notice". Is less than 2 weeks considered "reasonable notice"? Not as far as I'm concerned.

Sony's standard for server shutdowns used to be 90 days, but now they've started being alright with giving short notice and store only announcements. They extended the shutdown date of Resistance 2 by 10 days to keep to the 90 day period. I wish these games still got 90 days, I'd say this month's batch has been the worst possible games Sony could give 30 days to, Uncharted 3 on PS3 will be a nightmare for people if they also announce it with less than 30 days time to do it. 

almost screwed it up with my laziness, but thx god that friend of mine doesnt like failure and i dont like looking like an idiot, so we got it done and i got that stupid twisted mode done in time. good looking trophy list picture. had a norwegian dude not told me the date got moved back there's a chance id have locked another unobtainable platinum in my list.