Kill Your Completion ∞

7 minutes ago, PerryToxteth said:

KYC 8

Game No. 2

Detention 

L2e11f6.png

Conclusion: Every once in awhile, I enjoy dark, macabre, film noir type of adventures whether that is through cinema, literature or I guess, gaming now. Detention definitely takes you down the wormhole, but it does it well and in a strange sense, is able to respect and salute the history it is disseminating in its story. 

Another good Voodoo recommendation! :gold::silver:

Glad you liked the game for the most part. That said, it just so happens that I have another recommendation :P . It's another indie game I've recently finished and it's been on sale quite a few times recently (at least in the EU). It's Beholder Complete Edition, which is set in a totalitarian State setting. You play as a landlord that gets tasked by the government to spy and profile on your tenants. There is some micromanaging to be done in this game, as you'll have a time limit to complete most of those tasks. Same goes for mini tasks, that you can get when speaking to the tenants. There are different ways of tackling each situation and as a result there are several endings. It took me a while to get into it and used to the time constraints, but it won me over after playing through it a few times and I ended up enjoying it a lot.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, xFalionx said:

Also, since I've spent my entire train commute writing this out I'm wondering, do you guys prefer long and detailed reviews, or should I rather write ones that are short and on point? I totally went and spent more time than I was planning to on this review, so I'm just curious.

Do them how you prefer to write them.

1 hour ago, PerryToxteth said:

KYC 8 Game No. 3

God of War (PS3)

I digress. Yes, not only did I somehow missed the GofW trireme when it sailed on the PS2, but then I failed to play the re-release of it on PS3, until just last week. So no review is really needed, instead I will ask all of you a few questions:

- Are the sequels as fun as the original? (I hope so!)

- Are there any turds in the series I should skip?

- Will Challenge of the Gods really make me punch myself in the nuts?

The sequels are even better.

Not a single game is bad (haven't played the newest though).

There will be about 2 challenges in each of the games that are annoying to get through. Still it shouldn't take hours upon hours to beat them eventually.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, PerryToxteth said:

- Are the sequels as fun as the original? (I hope so!)

- Are there any turds in the series I should skip?

- Will Challenge of the Gods really make me punch myself in the nuts?

Like Voodoo says, it only gets better after the first. Even the PSP games are great, with one of them having one of the best stories in the series (imo). If I had to pick a weak entry, though, it would definitely be Ascension. Just not as fun as the others. But still worth playing. 

Depends. Lol. A couple can be fairly annoying, but they're not too bad.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, dizzyshadow said:

Now i'd heard that some people experience motion sickness using the VR and at the end of day 1 i felt fine. On day 2 i discovered the option to enable left stick movement instead of the teleporting, this makes the game much easier (at least for me) as you can dodge enemy fire much easier but boy did it bring on the motion sickness for me, so much so halfway through the final level i just couldn't go on, so i quit and went to bed, i was still feeling the effects of it 24 hours later, so there was no way i was going back to play more

Yeah, walking in a VR game while you're sitting down yourself will do that to you :)

It's exactly why I've said a few times now in this thread that I'm not doing more VR games until my stomach stops  messing around, as I can play VR games just fine as long as I go into them while my body is at ease.

There are some great games in which you sit down in-game, by the way. Puzzle: Statik. Platformer: The Lost Bear.

Unfortunately as much as I enjoy reading each and every one of your posts, I'm going to have to drop from this event.

My pet dog that I've had for over 15 years has died and having to work my job and study for two tests has put a lot of pressure on me. I'm not exactly in the mood to play a bunch of games and then record my thoughts and observations on this thread.

I thought I was going to have the time to play my games but it turns out I don't. Plus the 2018 Elections in the States has me pretty pissed off but that's another discussion for another time.

Good luck to you all participating in this event, and happy trophy hunting.

2 hours ago, Kevvik said:

Game #5: Obduction

Initial Impressions

Time played: 1hr 15min

So excited to see you playing this and enjoying it. I backed the Kickstarter but they worked on it so long the gaming laptop we bought halfway through wasn't powerful enough to play it. Was so excited to see it come to Playstation. Looking forward to your final thoughts. 

On my end, decided to mix it up a bit, going for Mages of Mystralia now and then Soul Suspect next, rather than the other way around. Realized I had two RPGs back to back, with one over Thanksgiving, and that wasn't going to fly. Only have ~20 minutes playing tonight so will give first impressions later. The intro movie was intriguing though. 

7 hours ago, Spaz said:

Unfortunately as much as I enjoy reading each and every one of your posts, I'm going to have to drop from this event.

My pet dog that I've had for over 15 years has died and having to work my job and study for two tests has put a lot of pressure on me. I'm not exactly in the mood to play a bunch of games and then record my thoughts and observations on this thread.

I thought I was going to have the time to play my games but it turns out I don't. Plus the 2018 Elections in the States has me pretty pissed off but that's another discussion for another time.

Good luck to you all participating in this event, and happy trophy hunting.

I'm sorry about your dog. I lost my cat a couple months ago. Nothing can replace them, and it feels like a huge hole just ripped open in your heart. But as long as they were loved and we know we did all we could, maybe one day it won't be so hard.

• Like 1