Days Gone Delayed to April 2019

Carol

Sony announced that “Days Gone” has been delayed to 26th April 2019.

Here’s an article I found about it, with all the information:

http://www.pushsquare.com/news/2018/10/days_gone_delayed_to_avoid_horde_of_new_releases_on_ps4

Opinions? Is anyone very disappointed with this?

In my case, “Days Gone” is a game I definitely want to play at some point, but I am not too excited about it, so I am not very sad with the delay. I just hope this doesn’t affect “The Last of Us: Part II” release date much. That’s the only game I really care about, right now!

• Like 1

When I saw the latest gameplay video I'm actually glad they are delaying it again. I wasn't even planning on buying it anymore when I saw it. Hope they fix a lot of the things they showed us and maybe I'll consider it again.

I think I'll have to agree with @SanhRim this will be the first exclusive "meh" release. Though can't say for sure until I see the final product.

• Like 1

Glad it's delayed means I can spend more time on Metro Exodus before playing it.

2 hours ago, SanhRim said:

I told you folks back then and i'll tell you guys again,

This will be sony's first 'meh' exclusive on ps4.

I really hope that i'm wrong though and we get a badass game!

I don't know, found Horizon Zero Dawn pretty meh so maybe this could be the second one.

Edited by Feral
Forgot a word

2 hours ago, ResoluteRock said:

I'm pretty much always glad to see these delays, I think it shows that the team is actually working on making the game a solid product before releasing it as an unfinished mess.

I hope they take the extra time to polish the game and make it an enjoyable experience.

I like the "glass half full" mentality. 

6 minutes ago, Feral said:

I don't know, found Horizon Zero Dawn pretty meh so maybe this be the second one.

You and me both, brother.

• Like 1

If they work hard to get the game done for its original release date people will say "It's sad they work 100 hours per week"

If they game gets delay "Oh no not again they don't know what they doing, they should work harder"

Games aren't easy as what some keyboard warriors think it's made out to be. If they need more time then so be it. 

Edited by DF007gamer
  • Like 2

Can't say I'm that bothered by it, a delay is never a bad thing at the end of the day, they can use more time to polish the game up a bit more. Not sure if I'll be buying Days Gone, it hasn't really been on my radar, but neither was God of War and I ended up buying that because of all the hype. I'll see what people are saying once the game releases. 

• Like 1

On 10/19/2018 at 9:36 AM, LuciaRosethorn said:

I never understand why people complain about delays (in general), if they need more time they need more time. I'd rather a finished game then an unfinished game

Anticipation. You want a game bad enough, have a release date that's getting close and then they push it back on you....kinda crushes your spirits a bit. Games shouldn't get release dates until they're certain it can be met (Yes I know it's usually the big wigs that want those release windows).

I mean this isn't me for this game...but I get it. It happened to me for Uncharted 4. 

Edited by Viper