Will be possible to 100% FFXV?

FairyCal

29 minutes ago, Dr_Stranamore said:

Is magic necessary for playing solo?

A good 120 Honebami build? I've found only 99 builds.

No, magic really isn't necessary. 

As for the 120 Honebami, just follow the lvl99 build, and add more of the same to get to 120.

Also, since the bonus from Cid buff are always rounded down, unlock first the lvl120 cap, then add the amount of the required item in 1 go for max stats possible. 

13 minutes ago, Dr_Stranamore said:

Thanks, man :)

I was following this topic on Steam (LINK) but I don't know how to do this:

10 Flame Shards (Drooping Whisker dismantle, 4 at a time)
11 Frost Shards (Drooping Whisker dismantle, 4 at a time)
11 Storm Shards (Drooping Whisker dismantle, 4 at a time)
9 Dark Shards (Drooping Whisker dismantle, 4 at a time)

Don't do that.. Actually looking at that, it's not to bad, but I wouldn't use the Strength/Vita gems personally.. 

To get the Meteorite to lvl limit break use a weapon that can get to lvl50 without morphing, then dismantle and repeat (that's the lowest lvl up get a Meteorite from). And just use junk that gives tons of XP for that (for example stuff that drops from the mission where you get Kaser Sensors if you are grinding that). 

There are 2 Golden Swords that cap at lvl 50 by default and the Kain's Lance cap at 99 by default. 

Also, use Cid's boost to reduce the number of Meteorite needed to hit lvl120. 

And an extra tip, when you get enough Meteorite, max the cap of the Kain's Lance and use the item that gives +25 STR in it (30 or so, I forgot how many it was) in one go. With Cid's 30% boost that thing will end with 720+ STR if I'm not wrong.. It's absurd!

Edited by Han_the_Dragon

8 minutes ago, Sydoki said:

Is there a clear guide / direction on how to tackle all Comrades DLCs trophies (if you are starting from scratch)? Seems that there are quite a few things you need to do to 100% it.

It's fairly straightforward:

• Earn Kw
  • Unlock pylons
  • Clear map to find as many Royal Sigils as you can without a chocobo
  • Beat Glad, Prompto and Four-Eyes in combat
  • Capture level 50 chocobo and raise to 99
  • Unlock final route to Insomnia and use crossbow to trap Ifrit and whittle him down

Follow the guides as they'll give you proper *cough* guidance.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, TheLakota said:

• Earn Kw
  • Unlock pylons
  • Unlock final route to Insomnia and use crossbow to trap Ifrit and whittle him down

Thanks! As if right now most of these points make no sense to me ? but I will definitely use it (and any guide I'll come across) to go through the DLC.

49 minutes ago, Sydoki said:

Thanks! As if right now most of these points make no sense to me 1f605.png but I will definitely use it (and any guide I'll come across) to go through the DLC.

No worries man. As I said, it's fairly straightforward and you'll be able to progress naturally by just playing through the "campaign."

• Pylons are the spots you have to unlock with Kw, or electrical power.
  • You can earn Kw by completing missions. Missions can be accessed by your character at a desk in Lastellum just up the stairs in the middle of the open courtyard, with another desk to its right where you can supply power to pylons to unlock new areas/items/missions/sigils.
  • Sigils are armaments of sorts that give you new abilities or increase/decrease stats. There are 13 total, and you can have one equipped at any given time.

4 hours ago, TheLakota said:

• Earn Kw
  • Unlock pylons

You forgot doing the future mission as each of the SP characters 

Edited by Taliesin_2943

On 1/12/2018 at 7:29 PM, KarmicEcho said:

Has anybody else tried doing 99% Fire Resistance instead of 100%?

Curious if my theory about it being glitched pans out (drastically reduced damage/unkillable by Ifrit). Seemed to work on both playthroughs for me, on both consoles, but I would like to verify. Would be another neat trick to make this a quick completion for people. :)

EDIT: For reference, I was able to finish it in 30 hours and 22 hours, solo with AI, on PS4 & Xbox One respectively. The latter being more experienced with the game, but that playthrough included considerably more weapon grinding and terrible RNG (Chocobo took me 15~ quests to get a Level 50), so with better luck it could be done faster.

So, I tried having 99% Fire Resistance against Ifrit after reading your comment here... Got him first try, he could barely damage my avatar!

On ‎11‎/‎20‎/‎2018 at 2:12 AM, Sundr0wn said:

Again, Tabata said Dec. 13 for Japan, Dec. 15 for the rest of the world.

I dont think you can take dlc trophie lists of games and even if i doubt they'd care enough to do it.

Also it would piss off the people who already got the trophies.

Why not? I'm pretty certain the stand alone game get's it's on own trophy list, very rarely do you see game releases without trophies. It's usually required by sony from what i understand, with a few exceptions.

Not updating the game like @Milkyray said would probably work, but make sure you have the game and dlc installed before that date. You wont be able to do it after the deadline without installing the latest update!

As for completion time, took me around 22 hours, though i got my chocobo quickly and also had help from my stream chat.

they can take trophy list out but for player that got all them they can keep it they can do all of that but your right they don't care they seem to like pissing off there fans lately with this and cancelled the 3 out of the 4 2019 dlcs I'm about done with square enix's bs if kingdom hearts 3 is unfinished game like ffxv I'm not buying a square enix game ever again

5 hours ago, Norava said:

What's the easiest way to set up 99% fire resist?

I don't think there's an easy way, you have simply to do some math with your equipment.

In my case, I had a cumulative 74% Fire Resistance from my three shields so I infused another 25% on my Dragon Whisker since I was still leveling it up (sacrificing some extra Strength that I could have added to the weapon). After that I went straight to Ifrit and it turned out to be a simple endurance fight!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ShimizuGear09 said:

I don't think there's an easy way, you have simply to do some math with your equipment.

In my case, I had a cumulative 74% Fire Resistance from my three shields so I infused another 25% on my Dragon Whisker since I was still leveling it up (sacrificing some extra Strength that I could have added to the weapon). After that I went straight to Ifrit and it turned out to be a simple endurance fight!

That works, or you just create a single weapon to house all your resistances/def/magic def (which is what I did). 100% across the board, with about 400 VIT and some leftover SPI.

The way I did it was to throw every single resistance item on a weapon, max it out, dismantle it, repeat. Then use the gems/shards on the weapon you want to use. Coupled with Cid's boost (which I bought from the potion shop), this was pretty quick and painless.

14 minutes ago, Norava said:

One last question: would I be able to carry friends through the sigil trophy so that they don't have to undergo this ridiculous farm grind?

So long as they have access to the mission an you can pummble the baddys into the ground with out them dying. And not having food to revive. Then yes.

They can for all purpose can sit at mission spawn point. Well you do clean up

• Like 1

Finished up all the MP trophies the other night. I actually enjoyed the game and would be pretty excited if it got made into a full AAA title à la Monster Hunter. I didn't really have trouble with any of the missions but I might have been a little OP. Finished it out at level 61. I could help power level anyone on some higher level missions if they would like but I can't guarantee that I won't be busy with something else.

Edited by skateak
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Blackmist_FFXI said:

So long as they have access to the mission an you can pummble the baddys into the ground with out them dying. And not having food to revive. Then yes.

They can for all purpose can sit at mission spawn point. Well you do clean up

This wouldn't work with the sigil you get from Ifrit. You have to do that mission solo with AI the first time you do it. You are able to play the rematch with other players however.

14 hours ago, skateak said:

Finished up all the MP trophies the other night. I actually enjoyed the game and would be pretty excited if it got made into a full AAA title à la Monster Hunter. I didn't really have trouble with any of the missions but I might have been a little OP. Finished it out at level 61. I could help power level anyone on some higher level missions if they would like but I can't guarantee that I won't be busy with something else.

Agree, it was pretty nice after you understand what to do, I've been playing even after getting all MP trophies a few days ago and I'll probably do after the game will become stand-alone.

4 hours ago, Virdeborn said:

I'm gonna start playing today (late, but I have time on my hands at least).

Is it possible to screw yourself over? Any pitfalls to avoid?

Not really, there's nothing you can do that will screw you over, you can just waste time especially near the beginning. Have a read through the last few pages for a rough roadmap on how to approach all the trophies. You'll need to put a fair bit of time over the next few days but it is definitely possible to get all trophies done in 25-30 hours.

Biggest hurdle for me in the early game was working out how weapon crafting worked. Your level doesn't make much difference to your own stats and only makes a difference to how good the AI is, so really focus on upgrading weapons as this is the only way to really improve your stats. You can hold up to 4 weapons at one time and the stats from all 4 weapons are added together to give you your overall stats, so grab a couple of weapons to fill each slot and fill them with any materials that boost strength. I didn't do this for quite a while so I really struggled for the first few hours as my damage output was basically non-existant.