EXCEPTIONAL WALKTHROUGH GUIDE

EXCEPTIONAL GAMEPLAY GUIDE

EXCEPTIONAL USE OF FORMATTING

You can't nominate your own guide.

13 hours ago, mr2k_pdh said:

Just knowing how long it took me to put my first guide together

Dude, please don't. Just don't.

2 minutes ago, JNSpradlin said:

Probably should as some of us havent been around that long to know all the unwritten rules. I do not want to derail, so I have amended my votes.

Since when can you nominate yourself in any competition? :facepalm:

2 minutes ago, Wuthg21 said:

Since when can you nominate yourself in any competition? :facepalm:

Just now, knoef_NL said:

We from Knoef Guides recommend Knoef Guides.

What a n00b xD.

1 minute ago, Wuthg21 said:

I nominate the Squishies guide, got it!

Please don't start this. It's already resolved, there's no need to derail this thread. 

• Like 2

TROPHY GUIDE OF THE YEAR

NBA LIVE 18 Trophy Guide- Found this guide to be extremely helpful, while going for the Plat. Without it, I may have chosen to be a Point Guard or something, and then completing the challenges would have been a nightmare.. Follow it and you'll get an extremely rare Plat with relative ease.

EXCEPTIONAL WALKTHROUGH GUIDE

Knee Deep - Trophy Walkthrough- Will also nominate this one. Made getting the Plat a painless process.

EXCEPTIONAL GAMEPLAY GUIDE

Final Fantasy IX - Missable Trophies/Collectables Guide- Haven't played this one, but the guide looks really good from my experience with the PS1 version. Will likely use it whenever I get around to buying FF9. 

EXCEPTIONAL DLC GUIDE

Grand Theft Auto V - Grand Theft Auto Online: The Doomsday Heist DLC Trophy Guide- How do you not nominate a guide that helped you get some of the rarest trophies on your profile? Extremely well detailed, with many videos to help with anything you may not understand. 

EXCEPTIONAL NICHE GAME GUIDE

Tekken 6 Trophy Guide- Is Tekken niche? Seems better than the old guide. More detailed, and more methods for defeating Nancy. Made my life easier, being able to use my main (Asuka) in that fight. Lol.

Don't really remember any other standouts to use for the other categories, or see any others I may have used in the lists, so will leave it at this. 

Guide of the Year

https://psnprofiles.com/guide/6565-英雄伝説-閃の軌跡iii-trophy-guide

Very helpful guide, lots of effort is made with the guide. It is very professional and well made. Has very much information and translation work is amazing!

Exceptional Walkthrough Guide

https://psnprofiles.com/guide/6566-英雄伝説-閃の軌跡iii-overall-walkthrough

Like the trophy guide of this game: very very well made. Everything is made easy to understand even to those with not much knowledge of Japanese. Guide is also very well formated. 

Exceptional Niche Game Guide

https://psnprofiles.com/guide/6565-英雄伝説-閃の軌跡iii-trophy-guide

Same stuff mentioned as above. To add more: very detailed images, controls of the game is explained, game mechanics and the use of images is good. 

Exceptional DLC Guide

https://psnprofiles.com/guide/7793-final-fantasy-xv-episode-ignis-dlc-trophy-guide

This guide helped me a lot during my play of Episode Ignis. Detailed explanation of trophies and very good videos to help you get the trophies. 

Exceptional Use of Original Content

https://psnprofiles.com/guide/8007-burly-men-at-sea-trophy-guide

Very good use of videos and pictures. Made my platinum for this game a pleasant journey. Very easy trophy guide to follow. 

Edited by killivincent
  • Like 1

On 12/5/2018 at 0:20 AM, Dragon-Archon said:

Yep, the community nominates guides and the staff will decide the top 3 based on those.

With the additional categories it's possible that your guides will be nominated.

You're required to give solid reasons as to why you nominate those guides. Also, a minimum of 4 nominations are required :ninja: .

You're required to give solid reasons as to why you nominate those guides.

Sure thing, @Platisfaction will remove the guides from the first post when he updates it.

Okay edited \o/

Thanks.

guide of the year battlefield 3

this came out rigth before my team and i went back to the game to mop it up.  there was some phenomenal tips in the guide for efficiently grinding xp and how to keep getting credit for kills in the grueling level grind that shaved dozens of hours off our time.  the level specific trophies had great descriptions that made getting them on your first attempt a peice of cake.

exceptional dlc guide - battlefield 4 second assault

while i didn't use it for bf4, it came out shortly after we completed bf4 and it has spot-on descriptions as well as great imagry and video.

exceptional gameplay guide - red dead 2

i find myself heading back to this quite a bit to check the challenge advice and the brief descriptions on how to best go about completing the challenges.  there is also a great list of videos showing you how to execute gold medal runs on the games story missions.

exceptional use of og content - bf4 second assault

a lot of time was put into the photos posted and videos in the guide.  it does a superb job outlining what you need to do for each other trophies. 

• Like 1

On 12/4/2018 at 1:56 AM, FrenchDevil54 said:

- Exceptional Use of Original Content: Flashback Trophy Guide by @SwampGas

Well, the author made 12 different maps of each level with the locations of every upgrade you can find during your first, second, and third playthroughs. They're not the most beautiful maps but at least they're clear and easy to read/understand. That would really have made my life easier when I completed the game 5 years ago :jaymon:

Thank You kind sir! This will be my one and only nomination, but I'm super proud of it! Thank You so much! :D

• Like 1

Guide of the year:

Far Cry 5 by @NCSFan001

One of the few guides i used this year, it helped me get the platinum since it is so detailed and nicely formatted. I can't expect anything else from NCS =)

Exceptional Niche game guide

Oh Sir...! The Insult Simulator by @ImStylinOnYaBro

What can i say, His guides always get a good laugh on my face, if it wasn't for the 100 hour time mark i would start the game, overall the guide looks really helpful and is nicely put together. 

Exceptional use of original content

Burly Men At Sea by @knoef_NL

I know how much work he puts into his guides, and this is one of them, nowadays you rarely see guides by people using their own photos, videos and even put together charts.

• Like 2

On 2/12/2018 at 11:30 PM, Mesopithecus said:

Exceptional DLC Guide - Final Fantasy XV - Episode Ignis DLC Trophy Guide

The guide provides clear instructions on how to tackle the DLC whilst giving both text based and video examples of some of the harder content.  The guide author is very conscientious with updates and graciously accepts feedback.

I wasn't expecting anyone to vote for one of my guides. 

Thanks to all the people who did. It's nice knowing they helped you.

Edited by Phantom2654

Hi everyone,

Before giving my votes, I would like to take the time to thank on one hand all the guide contributors - we all know how much work and time it takes, I wrote my first guide this year so that I really mean what I am saying - and on the other hand the guide team which allows this website to run and to look so great in a friendly setting. 

Important precision: I will only nominate games that I played or I will play for sure so that I already know enough about these games. I am particularly sensitive on how the contributors dealt with missable trophies.

Exceptional Walkthrough guideDeus Ex: Mankind Divided - Missable Trophy Walkthrough by onuosfan, Neil_Before_ZOD and simula67

Why this guide ? The concerned game is similar to Dishonored franchise about their trophy list by containing trophies such as : « Complete the game without killing anyone », etc. It is exactly the type of guides which can be really helpful to get through the game and allows players to get the platinum (by avoiding some unnecessary additional run(s)).

Exceptional Gameplay GuideRed Dead Redemption 2 - Gold Medals, Challenges, and 100% Completion Guide by NCSFan001, ManaFear and NL_Sion

This gameplay guide concerns the main obstacle (in my opinion) for the platinum in the RDR2 base game. This gameplay guide takes all the needed steps to get the trophy, containing a lot of details, pictures, videos and written explanations, showing serious work from the authors. I will use it for sure.

Exceptional Use of Original ContentShadow of the Tomb Raider - Trophy Walkthrough by optimusmart and Optinooby.

Great guide containing a lot of details, the formatting is really awesome in this guide (a lot of tables, smart use of colors and presentation). It provides at several occasions the trophies that we should have obtained at different moment of the story, which is a key thing in the Tomb Raider franchise (I am still missing the platinum for the 2013 reboot because of a few stupid missable trophies!!). When I start Shadow of the TR, I will use this guide for sure and with pleasure!

Exceptional Use of Formatting: Detroit: Become Human Trophy Guide by Hollz100 and Red_Dragon_JPN

One more time, the contributors made great efforts by structuring their guide but this time the formatting is used in a smart way so that at each step, we know what we have to do to get one trophy or another. In particular, I appreciate the « Missable trophies  playthrough order «  section in the guide, which is essential for a narrative game with many choices. 

Guide of the Year: Kingdom Come: Deliverance Trophy Guide by Laydex

Why does this guide draw my attention? To explain my choice, it worths recalling that this game was released extremely buggy at the beginning, it is also not that simple to play, it is very long (more than 100 hours for the platinum) and contains trophies which are buggy and/or missable. Taking all these points in consideration, the author did great efforts by explaining a lot of details (many tables, videos), being careful by inserting many spoiler alerts. I nominate this guide to appreciate all the efforts done by the author. Impressive work!