Bingo Bonanza 2020

19 minutes ago, Champ147 said:

I don't believe I got the Cult Classic square but the first game that comes to mind for me is Wild Arms. And they did a PS2 to PS4 re-release of it as well. 

But yea, a Cult Classic is basically a game that never made it big (in terms of sales) but those that have played them, love them, and follow them to the ends of the world. 

Going back to the Wild Arms, none of them ever sold well but they kept making them due to those loyal fans of the series demand. And these people will always love the said game/s and not care at all what others think. Wild Arms > FF VII

I don't know why but I wholeheartedly agree with your opinion. :ninja:

• Like 1

This sounds like a great idea, and I would like to join.  This is the card I generated:

2cxt8hj.jpg

I do however have a question.  I have been playing Spyro 2, and I am on the last world cleaning up some levels and trophies before beating the final boss.  So technically I have not finished the story yet.  My trophy list can be used as evidence to demonstrate that I only started this year (first trophy earned January 5th). Can I use it for one of the boxes, or is that pushing the boundaries too far?

Edited by Sir_Bee
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Sir_Bee said:

I do however have a question.  I have been playing Spyro 2, and I am on the last world cleaning up some levels and trophies before beating the final boss.  So technically I have not finished the story yet.  My trophy list can be used as evidence to demonstrate that I only started this year (first trophy earned January 5th). Can I use it for one of the boxes, or is that pushing the boundaries too far?

According to the FAQ any unfinished game where you still have to do the story/story-equivalent is fine.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Crimson Idol said:

According to the FAQ any unfinished game where you still have to do the story/story-equivalent is fine.

I did read that, but I could literally be done in a matter of 10 minutes if I went home and just jumped into the boss fight.  So I was asking if that was just too close.  I still plan on getting the platinum, and cleaning up after I am done, so maybe to keep the spirit of the challenge I will wait until I have the platinum finished to mark it on the board.

Edit, but thank you for the response :)

Edited by Sir_Bee
Forgot to thank Crimson Idol for Responding. So rude of me ...

3 minutes ago, Sir_Bee said:

I did read that, but I could literally be done in a matter of 10 minutes if I went home and just jumped into the boss fight.  So I was asking if that was just too close.  I still plan on getting the platinum, and cleaning up after I am done, so maybe to keep the spirit of the challenge I will wait until I have the platinum finished to mark it on the board.

I had a closer look at your list and I understand your concern. Especially considering the fact that there's no trophy to really indicate whether you finished the story or not (the RGB-trophy could also be earned in a rematch) makes it a rather tough choice. Checking the game off when earning the plat would be the best choice I guess as that shows that you did everything possible in the game due to the nature of He's on FIRE! 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Jens said:

Now that I think about it that makes sense, I didn't hear the phrase "cult classic" in quite some time to be honest.

The problem is that the video game medium moves pretty fast. A movie can become a cult classic, but once a game is forgotten it's most likely dead. With that only Okami comes to mind, or Yakuza... the Dark Clouds? The Artifex Mundi stuff has some loyal fans and I didn't even know the name before I saw some people talk about it. There's more if we count games neither on PS3 or PS4, but those would be awkward to track.

Yeah, I think Artifex Mundi games would count too, and not too awkward to track, I could actually link all the ones on Steam by doing a search by dev or publisher.  The ones you mentioned would and Wild Arms like someone else mentioned.

Other games that have trophies or achievements and are present on PSN that I think would count would be: Arc the Lad: Twilight of the Spirits, the Legend of Heroes Series, the Ys series, and the Danganronpa series. Steam has a bunch more, like if I had that square I could definitely use Umineko for it.

8 hours ago, Caju_94 said:

One question. I researched about the concept of "cult video games", but yet what does "cult favourite" category stands for? Out of the cult games, the one I like the most?

5 hours ago, ladynadiad said:

A cult favorite is something that is not very well known to the average person, but has a very loyal and devoted following among those who are aware of the game's existence.  Something that @Caju_94 is playing now that would fit is Zero Escape: The Nonary Games.  999 and VLR are definitely cult favorites.

Nadia nailed it. This is definition I was thinking of when I wrote it. I do think there are opportunities for expansion on that idea though: for example, something like No Man's Sky to be a bit of a Cult Favorite considering the small, content fanbase despite the nearly ubiquitous backlash (though I guess that's been turned around as of late). But you see what I'm saying. Again, your interpretation of the challenge may be valid even if not the obvious path.

Regarding using the phrase "cult favorite" vs "cult classic" is that I didn't want to imply a specific time period or even level of cultural importance.

4 hours ago, Sir_Bee said:

Anything you started/finished this year is eligible, so based on what you're saying you should be in the clear.

13 minutes ago, DFuzed said:

I'm in if still possible. 

Absolutely. Grab a card.

On 1/13/2019 at 1:48 PM, Champ147 said:

@XX_FTW I think you missed my card as I'm not listed as a participant. My first post was on page 15 with a link to my card, thank you. 

And I'm currently working on my next title, Resogun. If anyone wants to co-op it with me to knock out that 1CC trophy, hit me up. 

Can you post an image of the card at least once please? The link is fine otherwise. Once that's done, I'll add you to the OP.

I mentioned this to my wife, and she is interested in giving it a shot as well.  While she is not a member of the Forum, she does have a PSN ID and she is being tracked by the site, so I wanted to post her card as well.  Here is her PSNID Mrs_Sir_Bee  Below is her card:

2lm3txe.png

The only minor issue she may run into is "Released the year you Joined PSNP", and for simplicity sake we can use 2018 as that is when I started tracking her on this site.

Edited by Sir_Bee

15 minutes ago, AS_CHAOTIC said:

Question on my name is mayo as a cult classic, not well received but a lot of owners due to the easy platinum?

cult clas·sic
noun
noun: cult classic; plural noun: cult classics
  1. something, typically a movie or book, that is popular or fashionable among a particular group or section of society

I guess you could call it popular amongst trophy hunters/hoes, but I personally think it's a bit of a stretch since the game itself has become very popular to everyone just for being easy. Granted, each square is kind of up to your own interpretation from my understanding.

Spoiler

QZEYhbd.jpg

Finished another one!

B1 (Series new to you): Strike Solitaire (NA Vita)

N2 (With player choices or multiple endings): Ys Origin (PS4)

O3 (Adventure): Ys Seven (Steam)

Probably going to finish the B column first since I have pretty solid picks for all of those.  B2 will be 12 Labours of Hercules VII on Steam, B3 is likely to be Umineko or Ys VIII, B4 can be any JRPG, and I have a ton on Steam for B5 since I prefer games from Indie devs and small devs.

• Like 1

First Update

bO6J4A1.jpg

B4 - Beat in One Sitting - Little Adventures on the Prarie (Shitty uselles "game" that I played for the 10 things I hate event)
I1 - DLC Pack - Marvel's Spider-Man DLC pack 1 (The New Game + dlc with new difficulty. Real good reason to play a good game one more time)
I2 -  Reboot or Spiritual Succesor - Reverie (Spiritual succesor/love letter style rip off of The Legend of Zelda. But real charming and fun)
G5 - Metroidvania or Rogue-Like - Iron Crypticle (Rogue-like twin stick shooter with heavy Smash TV vibes in a medieval setting. Can'r recommend it enough.)
O1 - That you think you will dislike - Nubla (I knew I was gonna hate this but I needed it for the same 10 things I hate event)
O2 - Meaning to get around to - Adam's Venture: Origins (Bought it on sale forever ago, never sat down and played it till now.)

• Like 1

Here is my picture

thumbnail?appId=YMailNorrin

So Far I now have 3 squares done...

G3 - Sega Genesis Classics (Game with 50+ old Sega games)

O5 - 2064: Read Only Memories (Mystery game where you try to find missing person that leads to much more)

G4 - Resogun (Developed by Housemarque which is located in Finland)

Plans thus far...

N1 - Crash Bandicoot

O1 - God of War (game had massive hype coming in and they lived up to it I hear)

N2 - Horizon Zero Dawn

G2 - Not a clue, not to many of these left for me

O3 - I don't play many sports games but it's usually Hockey, which all have like <1% plat rate

B4 - Cosmic Star Heroine or who knows, there are a lot of these now days

O5 - Was recommended Tales of Zesteria or Trials of Cold Steel, we'll see which

I5 - Backlog is old as dirt with 60+ games, not sure what is oldest any more but I'll do what I think is oldest

Edited by Champ147
added some plans

Thanks to @Sir_Bee  for showing this to me, somehow missed it.

Sounds fun!

Here is my card:

https://bingobaker.com/play/1867308/e74959a97ac0a58ceed9cc520cd267e0

Image link:

Spoiler

DTpvnjQ.png

Game plan:

Spoiler

Games linked when completed.

B

1 In a Series New To You: Steins;Gate

2 Multiple Endings or Player Choices: Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth2

3 Oldest in Backlog: Final Fantasy X-2 (Working on plat)

4 One Word Title: SOMA

5 Mystery or Detective Themes: htoL#NiQ: The Firefly Diary

I

1Ultra Rate Plat: Fallout 76

2 Originally Released 2019: Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice

3 Retro Release: Adventures of Mana

4 That "Everyone" but you has played: Bloodborne

5 Reboot or Spiritual Successor: God of War (2018) (Working on plat)

N

1 Independent Developer: Journey

2 Cult Favorite: Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth3

3 Players Choice: Bastion

4 Player Operated Vehicles: InnerSpace

5 Think you will Dislike: Minecraft

G

1 With an Isometric View: Lara Croft GO

2 Last Game you Acquired Monster Hunter World Iceborne (Working on plat)

3 Based off a Non-Gaming IP: Lego: Lord of the Rings

4 That takes "Forever" to beat: Rainbow Skies

5 Peripheral-Based: The Beatles: Rock Band

O
1: With a Female Protagonist: Uncharted: The Lost Legacy
2 For another PSNP Event: Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth1
3: With Minigames in it: Cosmic Star Heroine
4: DLC Pack or Standalone DLC: Shadow of the Tomb Raider: The NightMare
5: Anthropomorphized Animals: Secret of Mana

Edited by Squirlruler
Added image of card.
  • Like 1

I was struggling for a while to come up with a game that uses a peripheral and then I remember my shelf of Nintendo Amiibos.  I would classify them as peripherals, and I have Mario Party which can likely use them, so I think that is the direction I will go for that square :)

I'd like to give this a shot, if I'm not too late to the party ;)

UZjMID1.png

Seems like doable categories for me, I'll come back once I've worked out which games can give me a BINGO!

Card link

The tentative list:

Edited by Dinkus83
Update

M37HeGN.png

N5 Strange brigade

G1 Adventure - Crossing Souls

G3 Ghost Recon Wildlands

O1 Yomawari: Night Alone

O4 Fear Effect Sedna

Newest one crossed off is the minigame box. Strange Brigade has a bunch to open secret doors, among them are some that essentially replicate the Bioshock hacking minigame.

The game was fun for the most part. Got a bit repetitive towards the end. Still need to do some cleanup for the plat though. Need to revisit most stages for collectibles, and find someone for the co-op trophies, which are only a handful and shouldn*'t take too long.

Still working on Mafia 3 as well as Arc the Lad. Also starting Outcast: Second Contact sometime this week.

@XX_FTW In Arc the Lad there are 2 protagonists. and the story alternates between them. Both sort of start out as "good guys", but one seemingly turned into a bad guy. I haven't played a lot of it yet, so I don't know if this persists throughout the rest of the game. Assuming their roles end up as one good and one bad, would it count for the "play as anti-hero/bad guy" slot?

Edited by voodoo_eyes

Question: For my "In a Series New to You" category, would Tales from the Borderlands count? I've never played any of the Borderlands games, but since this is a Telltale game, not actually Borderlands, I'm not sure. Thoughts?

Edit: I've got it in my tentative list for now, until someone shoots it down, but I may end up playing an Assassin's Creed game instead anyway. We own most of them and I've never played one :dunno:

Edited by Dinkus83

5 hours ago, voodoo_eyes said:

@XX_FTW In Arc the Lad there are 2 protagonists. and the story alternates between them. Both sort of start out as "good guys", but one seemingly turned into a bad guy. I haven't played a lot of it yet, so I don't know if this persists throughout the rest of the game. Assuming their roles end up as one good and one bad, would it count for the "play as anti-hero/bad guy" slot?

Actually I think you could count this because the other side is the enemy to whatever party you're playing as at the moment in the game.  The humans hate the deimos, the deimos hate the humans.  It becomes more evident as you get further in the game and see that outside of Maru and Bebedora, every party member has a rival in the other party that they'd be glad to kill.

I've gotten the plat and I think it's a great fit for that square.  It's also a very reasonable plat to get as long as you pay attention to the guide for the missables.