Gamespot Community Angry Over 8/10 Rating

-Dark Mark-

The Last of Us received a 8/10 rating and people were actually pissed.

http://www.gamespot.com/shows/feedbackula/?event=the-last-of-us-rageapalooza-20130607&tag=Topslot%3BSlot1

Read the comments section under the video to get a full scope of things, ridiculous -_-

Edited by xWSPx420x

8 and Masterpiece.  :lol:

That video had me giggling up a storm over here, But like the guy said, it's an opinion. I must be one of the few who won't get butthurt over a game rating.

The same thing happened when Skyward Sword got a "low" score. That is why I wish reviewers would get rid of the score altogether and instead just write a review and let the reader make up their mind based on what they read if the game is good or not.

They're too lazy for that.

Apparently all those people played game already and think its worth of a 10...  Their just on the bandwagon, let them discuss why the game didn't get a 10 by every reviewer. Again discussing the game with pure ignorance because they know little about the game. I hope the wagon is strong enough to support such weight.  Why a game gets a 10 is still a mystery to me anyways.  I am sure the game has its flaws that reviewers overlook because its Naughty Dog and they have reputation of making great games.  I'm sure it will be a great game tho and a 10 will come if I truly enjoy it, but I am not gonna fan-boy over it.  Anyways, everyone can opinion over it how they like too.

Apparently all those people played game already and think its worth of a 10...  Their just on the bandwagon, let them discuss why the game didn't get a 10 by every reviewer. Again discussing the game with pure ignorance because they know little about the game. I hope the wagon is strong enough to support such weight.  Why a game gets a 10 is still a mystery to me anyways.  I am sure the game has its flaws that reviewers overlook because its Naughty Dog and they have reputation of making great games.  I'm sure it will be a great game tho and a 10 will come if I truly enjoy it, but I am not gonna fan-boy over it.  Anyways, everyone can opinion over it how they like too.

That may very well be the downfall of the game itself. People who have played it are putting it to high up on a pedestal and a vast majority of the consumers are going to expect the greatest game of all time.

8 and Masterpiece.  :lol:

That video had me giggling up a storm over here, But like the guy said, it's an opinion. I must be one of the few who won't get butthurt over a game rating.

I have not played the game nor do I care about the score (but watched the vid for lols), and that one sentence is what I think it's wrong with the reviews from most sites. If they call themselves per professional game reviewing sites, I hope them to give a professional (unbiased) game review about the game with facts as backup, like any other professional journalist would do, if I want an opinion I go look into a message board or something, not in a professional review.

PS: I do realize next to no one in the gaming journalist business does that, but it isn't an excuse.

• Like 1

So far the lowest score I have seen for the game is a 7.5/10 from Polygon. From looking at all the other scores and reviews though, it looks like it could do what Metal Gear Solid 4 did. I hope it does anyway.

Gamespot gives games low review scores when other sites praise them in order to gain more viewers for a review to their site. Last of Us an 8?! Skyward Sword is a 7.5?! Everyone know these games are more deserving than what gamespot credit them for.

The worst part is that people have been accepting this for over 10 years - they gave Mask Mask an 8.1, just to stand out from everyone else, when this game is worth at least a 9.5. 

...I haven't looked, but I bet they give all the CoD games made after the 4th one over 9. You can tell they're scumbags because they advertise the Xbox 1 all over their site. 

Wow i have to agree here and say the gamespot review sucked ! and so did polygon's 

not just because they gave it a low score but because the reviewers seemed inexperienced and were missing all the points .

I don't blame gamespot or polygon but i do blame the reviewers , everyone has their own opinion but they don't seem to remember 

that their reviewing for a very large audience .

Edited by TheBolloxx

There's a Jimquisition video on the Escapist called "Hate out of Ten" which discusses this kind of issue. (link below). People need to realise, 8 is a bloody HIGH score. 10 would mean it's perfect and flawless. These people also need to grow up. Is a number on a game review site going to affect their enjoyment? No. They should just write their own review if they disagree.

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/jimquisition/4966-Hate-Out-Of-Ten

• Like 1

Wow,all because the game got an 8 :blink:

Seriously???

Are some gamers that angry over a game score :facepalm:

If I remember correctly,an 8/10 is still a high score.

I may pick up the game,but these gamers need to get a life.

My thoughts exactly.. Don't see what the big deal is, it's like their choice on buying a game depends solely on the reviews it gets. Time for that lot to start making their own opinions about things.

Smh I will never understand why gamers get mad when a reviewer gives a game a score that they don't like. That review is just one person's opinion and you don't have to go by it to make a decision to get a game. It is just so stupid when gamers put so much stock in a review. If you don't agree with it then you don't agree with but don't get upset or angry about it because it isn't that serious

Edited by man_with_wdjat

Smh I will never understand why gamers get mad when a reviewer gives a game a score that they don't like. That review is just one person's opinion and you don't have to go by it to make a decision to get a game. It is just so stupid when gamers put so much stock in a review. If you don't agree with it then you don't agree with but don't get upset or angry about it because it isn't that serious

I know some reviews gave RE5 & 6 a 6 or higher,but I wasn't upset with the lower scores.

I enjoyed playing them even with the lower scores.

Aliens:CM was just a bloody disappointment :angry:

I couldn't force myself to play a crappy like A:CM.

Attaching a score to any form of art (music, movies, painting, etc) is defeating the purpose of it entirely. Everyone has different likes and dislikes and if you really take someone else's opinion to heart that much because it doesn't match yours means then, to put it bluntly, you are a moronic bastard that doesn't respect or acknowledge that others might feel differently than you. 

One reviewer's opinion should not even come into your thoughts, and in no way will it (or should it) affect anyone's ability to enjoy the games. Besides, I think it's safe to assume by now that The Last of Us is being universally lauded for a reason - it's fucking awesome. One review won't change that. 

:lol:

peoples just need to chill out, seriously! :D

i remember when i played RE4 way back on the ps2 it's one of the good / tons of fun games at the time, and peoples just love it, there's no trophies what so ever back then, but when they announce it going HD, IGN did a video about the trophy list for RE4 HD, funny how they said the ps3 version is a let down just because it did not include a platinum trophy while praised the 360 version :facepalm:

also i remember when they reviewed stranger's wrath HD, saying the game is hard and they rated it down a bit on that, i agree about them that the aiming is kinda clunky at some points but i never found any other problem then that in it, i even platinum it.