Uplay points for content? wtf

Deluziion90

Just a open whine complaint I wanted to share.. would like your opinions on this!

So when a new trophy unlocks or a new DLC I always check the store for some new skins or whatever they added. I don't mind they add cool stuff for real life cash it doesn't really impact the game that much (except the flying horse because it removes all fall dmg..)

But Ubisoft sure did it now..

Adding a new "legendary quest" locked behind Uplay points. What are your thoughts? I think it's absolute bullshit they do this. Yes I got over 2.5k points and it's only 40 but cmon this is just stupid.

As long as the quest isn’t essential to the storylines already in the game, this doesn’t bother me. It’s likely a short quest with a crappy reward if you’re already a high level. I imagine the quest will be similar to the pre-order bonus quests in the AC games, adding like 30 minutes of extra content. 

At least it’s only 40 units. I won’t bother getting it since the game already has a ton of content that I’m not even close to done with.

Yes, 2 years I think, i tried to redeem some stuff for Tin Tin, but i could never access the server. Now, that sucks that the only way to redeem stuff is through specific games, so I can't redeem anything from Tin Tin :/

Edited by GoldenShaka

I'm guess I'm used to it, they've been doing this since AC2 (Auditore Family Crypt) but seem to sometimes skip it, it's not in all of them. I think they left it out of AC3, definitely AC4 and Syndicate, and there was one in Origins (Secrets of the First Pyramids). Unity has one as well (Murdered by Science or something), but I swear I saw it on the map even though I never bought the Uplay reward. I completely forgot about Brotherhood and Revelations, so I'm not sure if they had a Uplay quest reward.

The problem I have with The Blind King is it was included for free with the physical version, so to complete all the Uplay challenges, I have to spend 40 points on something I already have.

1 hour ago, Deluziion90 said:

Just a open whine complaint I wanted to share.. would like your opinions on this!

So when a new trophy unlocks or a new DLC I always check the store for some new skins or whatever they added. I don't mind they add cool stuff for real life cash it doesn't really impact the game that much (except the flying horse because it removes all fall dmg..)

Adding a new "legendary quest" locked behind Uplay points. What are your thoughts? I think it's absolute bullshit they do this. Yes I got over 2.5k points and it's only 40 but cmon this is just stupid.

Ubisoft does this with all games. When a game is first released it always come with a mission and if you weren't fortunate enough to have a code for it then you arent locked out of it so it's always 40 units. Not like it's that hard to obtain if you play a game to it's full extent 

I like it. But I don't see why they really bother with doing it this way. 40 points...what a joke. Simply playing the game gets you way beyond 40 points.

That Blind King mission has been there for quite some time. I know because I already had it and like a fucking malaka I spent 40 points thinking it was new. So I'm out 40 points on something I already had. <_< 

Also, this is the one time I don't think the game gives you enough points. Adding up what I don't have I'd need 135 points. Giving me back my 40 points would only put me at 75. Even giving me back the points for the xp/drachma boosts wouldn't give me enough because they added Aya in there.

3 hours ago, Deluziion90 said:

I think Ubisoft's marketing team for the whole microtransactions is fucking genius (from a money making aspect).

Think of it like this... They give you 200 Helix credits & that is it! The only things you can buy with 200HC's is crappy "rare/epic" armor or weapons & a few Ship themes.

The *cheapest* GOOD thing you can get is 250 credits.

So in a players mind they think, "oh, I only need 50 credits, If I get the $4.99 pack I'll have 700 credits & can get some really cool with plus more!"

You can get 2 Map filters with the Base pack but for ALL of them you're forced to get the $9.99 pack.

I gotta admit... At the start of playing I was tempted yo get the entire Map filters but *only* that. You have to be a real sucker to spend money on thr Drachmae, Materials or even Boosters.

After 100+ hours in the middle of Chapter 5, here is what I have:

* 525k Drachmae (I spent about 200k on engraving teachings)

* 112 Orichalum Ore (spent 20 on a "random" & got a legendary gear piece)

* 21,979 Soft Leather

* 15,086 Iron Metal

* 18,029 Olive Wood

* 17 Ancient Tablets (my ship is fully upgraded -- but I still buy from blacksmith's incase they increase the Adrestia requirements again)

* 6,038 Obsidian Glass

* 3,674 Precious Gems

And that is after I upgraded all my Legendary Armor & Weapons from level 50 to 60.

Oh & about the main topic of discussion: I think it's nice they added The Blind King points behind points.

So about this Legendary Quest:

You will meet the second son of King Xerxes I (the good king of Persia) who was stabbed by a Poison blade by his evil King brother to overthrow him & exile him -- so he is blind.

All you do is go to 5 different "synchronization" points (all of which are Historical Locations & very beautiful) & describe what you saw -- DO NOT LIE IN ANY OF THE CHOICES!!!

When you find out who he is you have a choice of killing him, allowing him to be killed by an attacker or saving him -- even tho he tells you that he understands "killing him to avenge Leonidas' death from Xerxes" -- I chose to spare & protect him for a number of reasons but I'll just list two:

(1) Revenge is for the weak

(2) Kind Xerxes II *was* actually a good king to his people & others until his evil brother overthrew him -- so technically, he did no harm.

Don't remember the rewards but it was a nice XP boost for me at level 15-18 (currently level 63).