Games that you WON'T play for trophies?

SuchRemorse

Haven’t been on the forums in a while, and I notice still that most topics are getting twisted into more discussions about how people are somehow demonic monsters who devalue their accounts by playing “easy” trophy games, and of course those who don’t are on some moralistic high road on the way to enlightenment.

a plat is a plat folks, live with it.

• Like 3

• 3 years later...

Sports Games

Any game that requires me to do 4 playthroughs or more to get the platinum.

Any story-heavy game that forces me to make choices i don't want in order to get the platinum (Detroit: Become Human for example).

Any game with unobtainable trophies

Any game that has a lot of multiplayer trophies

I mostly achievement hunt on Xbox, but when I’m on here it’s more quality over quantity. So I stick to exclusive games or games I’ve really liked and willing to play it twice. My only real gripe is games with unobtainable trophies specifically I’m not going to invest time in a game where the devs didn’t put enough time into it. 

I won't play anything that I know I won't enjoy, unless it's a game I already started that I'm grinding to finish. I should say, I won't start any new game if I know I won't enjoy playing it, usually. 

This would include any kids game, shovelware (I do have 2-3 shovelware plats from a few years ago and I regret them because the games were not good), any visual novel or "artsy" games where you're just watching instead of playing, most fighting games, and most card games (though I really want to try Marvel's Midnight Suns)

• 1 month later...

Actually I've already played a game once just to have it 100%ed on my profile, now I regret this. 
If I don't feel like getting in game, no trophies will lure me to it.
If the game I already started is trash, I'll drop it, no matter the trophies or complete percentage, time is precious.

Edited by ozymandias1994

• Sports games - I have no interest in sports, so would have no reason to ever play a sports game.
  • Battle royale style games - just not my cup of tea.
  • Souls-esque games.  I'm not really fond of playing games that are excruciatingly difficult for no real reason other than to be excruciatingly difficult.
  • The Mayo trilogy.
On 4/2/2024 at 7:17 PM, Skurkitty said:

Visual Novels, although I've been told time and time again I need to make an exception for Doki Doki Literature Club.

Doki Doki really is a great experience, despite its dark subject matter.

You should play Steins;Gate as well - just amazing.