'The Tale of the Timeless Tome' DLC Releasing on March 19

Oh man, the first DLC was a good purchase because it helped a lot with increasing my character levels to get through the main campaign, and i have yet to actually unlock any trophies in that DLC which i really should go back and do that but i think i will wait for this one to come out now and just combine the work. 

I am looking forward to it and yes like another commenter said i hope we are done with labyrinths... 

12 hours ago, sephiroth4424 said:

Is this the last dlc?

The season pass consist of two main expansions, with Lair of the Lost Lord as the first one and this as the second. So unless they put out some free expansion packs or some weird second season pass this is the last one. Which I think it will be.

On 27.2.2019 at 0:19 AM, darkamdusias said:

https://www.dualshockers.com/ni-no-kuni-ii-revenant-kingdom-dlc-the-tale-of-a-timeless-tome-releases-in-march/

Here's hoping that there will be fewer labyrinths. I am so tired of labyrinths.

The labyrinths are so boring. Always the same enemies on the same places.

Edited by octan1979
weil

• 2 weeks later...
8 hours ago, ResonanceBlade said:

First a RNG Labyrinth and now a colloseum. They really don't know how to develope new Content for their game. I hoped for an Only Story DLC with full on Character Content. The last one was embarrassing boring.

They didn't know how to develop the game either. What a mess of a game. I'm not sure why people are surprised at lack luster DLC for a lackluster game.

They clearly don't know how to get the DLC right. The two expansions were none "epic adventures" or "brandnew chapters", like stated in the season pass description.

The free dlc was free, so whatever. I won't complain.

The first paid DLC, which came out far too late, was complete garbage, honestly. I expected a new story and some fun. Not an 100 floor boring grindy lazy ass garbage dungeon, and a little quest. Also I had again to grind some levels. Just great. 

The new, second paid dlc came out sooner than expected, by that I mean, compared to the first one.

It is... okay. But again, just grinding again some little dungeons, but at least we get to see some interesting little storys. Oh and the colloseum.  But I do not have the nerves anymore to grind this.

The level cap increase really was not needed. 

Imo they should have done simply two "standalone" DLC, outside the maingame. No level grinding, no boring endless dungeon grinding. Story. 

Edited by Rhevarr
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, darkamdusias said:

Well, it doesn't look like there's an Expert Mode trophy at the moment. There's no telling if you'll have to play on Hard/Expert to earn Solosseum Supremo, though.

I hope you're right, the last boss of 2nd dlc was a pain in the ass on hard difficulty. Anyone can confirm there are not difficulty specific trophies?

Rant begin.

I started today and reached Floor 23. I didn’t notice until Floor 22, but there was a noticeable jump in difficulty in terms of boss stats after Floor 20 (Floors 1-20 I cleared comfortably on S rank with my characters in the 140s and high end gear from the last expansion). Hoping I was wrong, to my disbelief I checked the difficulty settings and behold the game locks your difficulty at certain floors. Floor 20 is locked to Hard but Floors 21 and up are locked to Expert. I barely cleared 21 and 22 with a B rank. I haven’t played on Expert a lot but apparently in addition to enemy buffs, you get a reduction in consumables used in battle (great...). 

The crappy thing about this whole system is that you can’t earn the scrolls to get more shop upgrades (weapons, armor, etc.) and the manuals for styles UNLESS you beat a mission on S rank. This makes getting the trophy for maxing out the styles insanely difficult, let alone clearing all missions on S. This ultimately amounts to another huge grindfest because you need mats from the Solosseum to craft the new gear, and many of the mats are very rare.

After recently grinding 10 hours just to get enough gear to beat the Wraith Lord on Hard for that trophy, I really don’t feel like having to grind to beat this colosseum, and this isn’t just pure grinding—it’s grinding with RNG because you have to beat a whole 3-stage mission for a CHANCE for mats to drop. I took a 3 month break after getting pwned by the Wraith Lord the first time after spending 3 hours completing the last 20 floors and I think I’m gonna take a break again. Terrible decisions for both these expansions. This is just absurd.

Rant end.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, tmansep22 said:

Rant begin.

I started today and reached Floor 23. I didn’t notice until Floor 22, but there was a noticeable jump in difficulty in terms of boss stats after Floor 20 (Floors 1-20 I cleared comfortably on S rank with my characters in the 140s and high end gear from the last expansion). Hoping I was wrong, to my disbelief I checked the difficulty settings and behold the game locks your difficulty at certain floors. Floor 20 is locked to Hard but Floors 21 and up are locked to Expert. I barely cleared 21 and 22 with a B rank. I haven’t played on Expert a lot but apparently in addition to enemy buffs, you get a reduction in consumables used in battle (great...). 

The crappy thing about this whole system is that you can’t earn the scrolls to get more shop upgrades (weapons, armor, etc.) and the manuals for styles UNLESS you beat a mission on S rank. This makes getting the trophy for maxing out the styles insanely difficult, let alone clearing all missions on S. This ultimately amounts to another huge grindfest because you need mats from the Solosseum to craft the new gear, and many of the mats are very rare.

After recently grinding 10 hours just to get enough gear to beat the Wraith Lord on Hard for that trophy, I really don’t feel like having to grind to beat this colosseum, and this isn’t just pure grinding—it’s grinding with RNG because you have to beat a whole 3-stage mission for a CHANCE for mats to drop. I took a 3 month break after getting pwned by the Wraith Lord the first time after spending 3 hours completing the last 20 floors and I think I’m gonna take a break again. Terrible decisions for both these expansions. This is just absurd.

Rant end.

I did not play the DLC yet. May I ask a few questions?

• So there's a new level cap. What is it? 150?
  • What is a mission? One floor?
  • What are the requirements for S rank a mission? Time? No damage?

Thank you in advance.

Edited by BloodyRutz

1 hour ago, BloodyRutz said:

I did not play the DLC yet. May I ask a few questions?

• So there's a new level cap. What is it? 150?
  • What is a mission? One floor?
  • What are the requirements for S rank a mission? Time? No damage?

Thank you in advance.

Yeah its 150.

Yes one floor, which is 3 consecutive fights (not sure if the later stages are even more fights in a row, but up until 22 its 3 in a row)

Requirements for s rank is time. it starts with 16 minutes, then 14 and then 12 for s rank. might even get less time.

Yeah so basically just like tmansep22 said, as the difficulty is fixed on the later stages you will need to grind for the materials for the new weapons, or else s rank is near impossible on the later stages. and of course the colosseum, the only place where u can get those materials, is boring as hell.

I have to say though that i did not finish the new story of the dlc yet, so maybe, just maybe, there is a new research or something that will make things easier that unlocks at the end. But I dont think so^^

Also the enemies which u face in the stages are not fixed, they are selected out of a small pool that is shown before u enter the stage. so on some stages it will also depend on luck if u face the more "easier" and faster to beat boss or not.

Edited by Radagast1887

23 minutes ago, Radagast1887 said:

Yeah its 150.

Yes one floor, which is 3 consecutive fights (not sure if the later stages are even more fights in a row, but up until 22 its 3 in a row)

Requirements for s rank is time. it starts with 16 minutes, then 14 and then 12 for s rank. might even get less time.

Yeah so basically just like tmansep22 said, as the difficulty is fixed on the later stages you will need to grind for the materials for the new weapons, or else s rank is near impossible on the later stages. and of course the colosseum, the only place where u can get those materials, is boring as hell.

I have to say though that i did not finish the new story of the dlc yet, so maybe, just maybe, there is a new research or something that will make things easier that unlocks at the end. But I dont think so^^

Also the enemies which u face in the stages are not fixed, they are selected out of a small pool that is shown before u enter the stage. so on some stages it will also depend on luck if u face the more "easier" and faster to beat boss or not.

You gave a me a really bad news.? Last night I reached the 18 and I fought that (maybe) this boring Colosseum could end with the number 20...

Anyway, I cleared the DLC story and I saw no new research. I obtained only an upgraded sword with 640 ATK and S-class, nothing more... I'll check the kingdom just to be sure.

But I can confirm that the Colosseum drops are insanely rare. I played until 12 on hard (then I switched the difficulty) and I found only a simple copper bar ?.