Fix auto updates for profiles

mine doesn't auto aupdate anymore, and it hasn't done in forever, i have to manually update every time, not a problem but a fact... 

27 minutes ago, Deaths_Trooper said:

Nope, i just clicked on a random on the leaderboard 

(https://psnprofiles.com/Runefaust_01)

hasnt been updated in 4 months and 1 day.

i just updated his/hers profile and yes that person has been getting platinums, so yeah... it's not bc that profile is inactive, must be somthing else

From what I understand, the issue is related to Sony’s pending name change feature. The way this site gets its data compared to competitors is different, and it will be much more seamless and equipped to deal with Sony’s updates when work is completed.

It may seem bad or inconvenient now, but the site will be better in the long run, especially for those who change their PSN name.

Edited by B1rvine

2 hours ago, Deaths_Trooper said:

Nope, i just clicked on a random on the leaderboard 

(https://psnprofiles.com/Runefaust_01)

hasnt been updated in 4 months and 1 day.

It's a non-registered profile. These are automatically updated once a week, but after a while they're not updated anymore unless someone does it manually. It has always been like this IIRC.

Mine started auto updating again this week, it's working fine for me.

6 hours ago, marc_cp said:

It's a non-registered profile. These are automatically updated once a week, but after a while they're not updated anymore unless someone does it manually. It has always been like this IIRC.

Mine started auto updating again this week, it's working fine for me.

Non registered profiles update every week, period. No reason that it stops. It’s bugged. Plus it ruins the website.

the website says 3.800.000 gamers tracked. It doesn’t say, 280.000 registered profiles tracked, and 3.520.000 gamers once checked out.

i’m telling you, once this shit gets fixed, a lot of new games will go from 1-2000 owners to 50.000+ owners. 

And good for you gudger, but that’s not the issue or did you not read my earlier posts

Edited by Deaths_Trooper
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Deaths_Trooper said:

Non registered profiles update every week, period. No reason that it stops. It’s bugged. Plus it ruins the website.

the website says 3.800.000 gamers tracked. It doesn’t say, 280.000 registered profiles tracked, and 3.520.000 gamers once checked out.

i’m telling you, once this shit gets fixed, a lot of new games will go from 1-2000 owners to 50.000+ owners. 

I'm not denying the obvious benefits of having updated stats, we agree on that. I'm just saying there have been outdated profiles in this site long before this issue.

Edited by marc_cp

8 hours ago, marc_cp said:

I'm not denying the obvious benefits of having updated stats, we agree on that. I'm just saying there have been outdated profiles in this site long before this issue.

Really? Any proof? This is the first i’ve heard of it

if that were true, then there should be profiles that haven’t been updated for years.

Edited by Deaths_Trooper

18 hours ago, B1rvine said:

From what I understand, the issue is related to Sony’s pending name change feature. The way this site gets its data compared to competitors is different, and it will be much more seamless and equipped to deal with Sony’s updates when work is completed.

It may seem bad or inconvenient now, but the site will be better in the long run, especially for those who change their PSN name.

That can't be the case because then it would affect everyone, including Premium members who were never affected. And it would also affect manual updates rather than automatic ones only. Whatever it is, I don't think it's on Sony's end.

It does seem to be back to normal for me though. Is it unregistered users that are still left out?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, marc_cp said:

There are many. I've sent you a PM.

Thanks and apologies, you seem to be right.

Then i should probably create a new topic.

Re-update all non-registered users. Preferably like once a month or something.

The value of a website tracking 3.800.000 gamers is very high.

the value of a website tracking 280.000 users is a lot less

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, Deaths_Trooper said:

Thanks and apologies, you seem to be right.

Then i should probably create a new topic.

Re-update all non-registered users. Preferably like once a month or something.

The value of a website tracking 3.800.000 gamers is very high.

the value of a website tracking 280.000 users is a lot less

That sounds like a great idea! A mass-update every 30 days is hopefully doable, while still keeping stats up to date, with only a slight delay. You should definitely create a new topic as I think the idea deserves its own discussion.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, NamoPh said:

:facepalm: I’ll reiterate. The profile auto updates aren’t an “issue.” They were turned off on purpose while work is being done to limit future issues related to Sony’s name change update.

Edited by B1rvine

10 minutes ago, MidnightDragon said:

Looks like all registered people are back on auto updates. I’m assuming unregistered will be as well once the kinks from the name change are sorted. 

Finally. I might not be permanently IP banned for updating the occasional potential boosting partner!

• 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Deaths_Trooper said:

My profile hasn’t updated for a couple days. I’m noticing more and more that this website is beyond it’s glory days. Such a shame. If only Sly would give control to someone who has the time

I've noticed the same. After 24 hours it just says Updating soon. Doesn't seem to actually happen tho. Sad to see we're back on square one again.

19 hours ago, Deaths_Trooper said:

My profile hasn’t updated for a couple days. I’m noticing more and more that this website is beyond it’s glory days. Such a shame. If only Sly would give control to someone who has the time

18 hours ago, SinisterPledge said:

I've noticed the same. After 24 hours it just says Updating soon. Doesn't seem to actually happen tho. Sad to see we're back on square one again.

It was disabled because PSN kept throwing a ton of errors and will remain disabled until all the name changing stuff is finished.

• Like 4

On 4/21/2019 at 10:16 AM, Deaths_Trooper said:

He’s trying to get the name change stuff sorted. And there’s more important things than trophies. So patience, grasshopper. 

And still will give everyone premium if I ever win Powerball. xD 

Edited by Fat Chocobo
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 22.4.2019 at 1:15 PM, Sly Ripper said:

It was disabled because PSN kept throwing a ton of errors and will remain disabled until all the name changing stuff is finished.

Is there any progress to be expected regarding auto-updates in the near future? It seems to me that the PSN-ID changing stuff is coming to an end?

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, HusKy said:

Can we have some update on the situation about auto updates being disabled? Stats for all the new games are borked.

cc @BlindMango because he is the only one replying in this section.

I've tried to ask Sly about it a few times and one time I got a response about it a few weeks ago from him - he said something like "Yeah I'll be able to turn that back on". But yeah, that was weeks ago :dunno:

Is there anything preventing auto-updates for non-premium members from being turned back on @Sly Ripper? lol

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, BlindMango said:

I've tried to ask Sly about it a few times and one time I got a response about it a few weeks ago from him - he said something like "Yeah I'll be able to turn that back on". But yeah, that was weeks ago :dunno:

Is there anything preventing auto-updates for non-premium members from being turned back on @Sly Ripper? lol

Try asking him next time you're in chat. xD